Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Rates
Country Kids 11:00 AM 04-06-2012
Toying with the idea of changing my rates and going to strictly a day rate, but keeping it if they are scheduled they are charged.

Right now I'm hourly and it has worked for years, is still working wonderfully and I do make money. The problem though is everyones schedules are changing so much that its hard to keep up with. Also, its hard at billing time to change everything from what they are writing in (the correct time) and then what they are contracted for and keeping it straight with the food program.

I was thinking about a flat $25 a day. What I'm not sure of though is what do you do with families that are only like 6.5 hours or less. Would you still charge them the $25? Some of mine are here 9-10 hours a day so they are definetly getting the $25 worth but not sure about the part-timers.

Help-
MN Day Mom 11:29 AM 04-06-2012
I guess it would depend upon what your hourly rates are now....

I would figure out an average day rate for each family by taking their hours times your rate....then maybe look at all these averages and pick one that will work best for you. Or pick two... one for 6+ hours a day and one for under 6 hours a day or something like that??

I do a weekly rate... each week the same, no figuring and I always know exactly what my income is going to be
momma2girls 11:33 AM 04-06-2012
I have a flat rate each week, it breaks down into daily - $28.00 per day.. I do part-time, but haven't recently at all @ $35.00 per day, with a min. of 3 days per week.
Tags:rates
Reply Up