Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>low cost? HA! She wishes!
SilverSabre25 09:57 AM 08-08-2011
had to post this CL ad from my area...note that my full-time rate of $120/week is a bit high, especially for the current climate.

low cost child care

Hello, my name is ******. I'm 21 years old, a loving mother of a 6month old girl and a step mother to a 3 year old girl. I attended ********** HS , after high school I attend college at **** and *******. I am very dependable and flexible to accommodate your schedule. With your children I will provide learning experiences and activities that are fun and educational as well. You may contact me by phone at ***-***-**** or email me for any more information. I look forward to hearing from you and possibly working with you and your kids.

My rates are as follows:
Full Time(35-50 hr wkly)$7.00 hr
$20 per additional child

Part Time(1-34hr wkly)$7.50 hr
$25 per additional child

In my research I have found that my rates are very reasonable.
Considering times are hard make sure to ask me about arranging a payment plan for a rate that suits you. In my rates I include shelter(optional your home or mine), food, activities, experience, and occasional field trips. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
laundrymom 10:01 AM 08-08-2011
Must need coffee because her rate is darned near $350.00 per week? And that's cheap? Lol I am way under charging. Lol
Kaddidle Care 10:16 AM 08-08-2011
Haha! Well, something tells me she won't get too many (if any) responses to her ad. She's only 21 and thinking "babysitter rates". I wonder how many Field Trips she's planning a week? And she's not specific - field trip to the Grocery Store or Walmart?

I'm pretty sure I got more than $120.00 per week when I watched my neighbor's child. Course.. for the most part she was the only child I was watching besides my own. When he went to Kindy - she was my one and only for several hours a day. Not sure where you are but cost of living here is HIGH.
CheekyChick 11:31 AM 08-08-2011
I think she might be offering nanny services (she'll go to their home) - which might make her feel she can request a higher rate of pay. If they come to her home, I doubt in a gazillion years she will find someone who will pay $350.00 per week.
cheerfuldom 12:24 PM 08-08-2011
I provide shelter.....(in your home)....ha ha!
Unregistered 02:16 PM 08-10-2011
I worked as a nanny for three years charging $400 a week working 50 hours. I opened a licensed home daycare in April and have been completely full since before I even opened! I live in Tampa, FL and I take care of 3 newborns and 3 one year olds (including mine). Not to mention I have people coming from across town to bring kids to my daycare just because I have really good references. My rates are as follows:
0-6 months $250 week
6-12 months $200 week
1 yr olds $175 week
2 yr olds $150 week
3-4 yr olds $125 week
5+ $100 week
I do not provide part-time care, I don't pick up or drop off, I do field trips when I can, and my hours are from 8am to 6pm. My mom and husband are my substitutes on the the occasion when I have to do something (run errand, go to school, doctors apt.) I know that I charge more than all of the other daycares in my area, but I look at it this way: I charge less than a nanny but more than a daycare center, obviously I am doing something right or else I would not be full, am I right? I give this girl some credit for having the backbone to clearly state her rates and expect them to be paid, this ensures she will have quality over quantity. By the way I am only 22
Reply Up