Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Tell the Parents Much at All?
permanentvacation 08:57 PM 07-05-2016
Do you feel that you are working with the parents to teach, train, etc. the child which means that you communicate often about what you are working on with the child, the parents tell you what they are working on, you tell the parents of the child's progress or lack of progress, etc. Or do you just do whatever you do with the child during the day and simply tell the parent and child 'Good night' at pick up?
mom2many 09:10 PM 07-05-2016
I fill out daily sheets and in comments will elaborate on different things. For example: If a child mastered a certain skill- cutting, matching, coloring within the lines or showed social attributes- playing nicely and sharing, being helpful and kind, etc I will comment on that.

Some days, it's a simple report with nothing much. However, I will comment on things, that I as a parent would want to hear.
spedmommy4 09:51 PM 07-05-2016
I give the parents the highlight reel IF they are interested. For example, James learned how to cut today. I also offer voluntary parent-teacher conferences twice a year.

I don't offer any advice of any kind unless parents directly ask me.
laundrymom 03:18 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I give the parents the highlight reel IF they are interested. For example, James learned how to cut today. I also offer voluntary parent-teacher conferences twice a year.

I don't offer any advice of any kind unless parents directly ask me.
Yep. But my conferences are once per year.
Cat Herder 04:42 AM 07-06-2016
I answer what they ask.

I post a sign up sheet for conferences. 2 per year. I have them do the quarterly screening forms, present them with mine, then wait.

Few are interested in that, they really only want to see that the kid runs happily in during drop off in the mornings and is clean, fed, uninjured and happy at pick up.

It is those who seek more funding at the state level that want the data.
Tags:parent notification
Reply Up