Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Family Still Wants to Use Me in the Fall. . . What All Should I Change?
momofboys 07:17 AM 04-02-2010
I care for one family. A mom who teaches school & so I have my summers off. Yeah for vacation/boo for no $$$ in the summer but I am honestly okay with that. The mom asked me yesterday if I still wanted to continue watching her kids in the fall. I said, yes, definitely as long as you still want to come here. She pays on time/kids are mostly good, etc. My only problems are my sometimes feeling taken advantage of & her not planning ahead or letting me know ahead of time if someone won't be here or if they have appts & might be late. Typically she is on time for pick-up but she does come very close to being late & is late about once every other week (by about 5-10 min). My contract was very simple & I know I need to be more direct about policies. Obviously she knows she is my only client so anything I change she will know it is b/c of her & not another client. How do I word things/change things in a kind manner? I want to be more direct about my closing times & I want to change my closing time & make it 15 min earlier & also change my prices slightly. I also want to include some paid holidays. I am very non-confrontational. My idea was to give her new paperwork at the beginning of August & let her sign & return it to me a few weeks before school starts.
lmdc 10:03 AM 04-02-2010
i would just let her know that you've been doing some research on other providers policies and are trying to make yours more professional/ etc for if/when you expand your business.
momofboys 05:29 AM 04-05-2010
Thank you! I may do that. Since she is my only so to speak I don;t want to make her mad but I also don;t want to put up with some of the bad stuff she does.
momma2girls 05:34 AM 04-05-2010
Make up a new contract and be very strict with your drop off and pick up times. Possibly do what she needs for work and commute times only.
Tags:contract, fall, summer
Reply Up