Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drama Drama Drama
Flowerchild 06:12 PM 04-30-2019
Ok I'm part of it. We've been badly managed for a while now. My boss has,new business doing eye brows and our assistant director who wants to be the director is lazy af. She wanted to lie and say she's done all this stuff when she didn't. Been in her office doing paperwork all day for 2 weeks. Nobody knew what room well all be in on stars day. She wasn't helping me get my room ready and I already had enough to deal with with a full class that don't listen to me as well. She also tells interviewees bad stuff about us like how we have turnover rate etc. But then she flipped it around on stars day and said she felt alone in the room with me and how I didn't so sht with the kids. Which was a lie. I don't take a natural leadership role and being evaluated like that made me worried so I got really shy. But apparently I did badly. I have had a shitty attitude lately. I talked to a coworker recently about it and worried it was depression or whatever. We are all pretty much over the day care but it's a different story after stars. I couldn't get up the energy to care and messed up. It's been a car crash downward. I think the lack of good management left me to not care. I wish they spoke to me about my attitude before stars. Now everybody acts like I'm the problem. Ugh. I'm trying to take steps to fix everything but that night my coworker thought I blocked her for no reason but instead of texting me in a group message with me included asking them if I blocked them too they all said yeah and the other assistant director said yep... f her lol. Full word. My coworker said she wasn't mad anymore but I feel disrespected and not sure how to act around my coworkers. I got written up by my boss for my behavior at stars. I'm planning my escape plan from this job. I'm not sure where I'll go but I'm planning on getting a car and my liscense and taking other steps to fix my issues but I have mixed feelings at work. I feel like they talk about me all the time. It's debilitating. I have anxiety. Plus I told my assistant director, the f her one, that someone who came in yo help at last minute that her ability to get the kids to listen made me feel stupid and she told my boss but she implied I was taking offense to her helping me which wasn't true. It's also near my dad's aniverary of his death. We buried him on father's day. 😣😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I'm just not over it. I'm not a saint but please tell me this place is ridiculous... I'm not sure what to do anymore. Sorry it's long thanks for reading and putting up with me. I know I like to vent on here sorry.
Firefly 06:24 AM 05-01-2019
I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time at work. I think I would make it my goal to find a new job if you’re not happy there. I’m sorry about your dad too. That must be hard.
Flowerchild 06:25 AM 05-01-2019
Yes it's been bad. I'm not sure what I'm good at though 😞
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 05-01-2019

Best advice I can give you is to be your best for YOU.
Don't let other people (whether co-workers or superiors) define who you are.
Don't allow others to dictate how you live.

Do your best every day and hold your head up.
If others don't share your perspective or don't make it easy, remember that more than likely it's due to THEM having an issue within themselves.

We can't change how other people behave but we can 100% control how we react. It's YOUR life.

My sympathies for your loss in regards to your father.
It's hard to lose the people we love but you can honor him by living the best life you can!

You got this!
Flowerchild 07:50 AM 05-01-2019
❤❤❤❤❤
Valerie928 09:33 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Flowerchild:
Ok I'm part of it. We've been badly managed for a while now. My boss has,new business doing eye brows and our assistant director who wants to be the director is lazy af. She wanted to lie and say she's done all this stuff when she didn't. Been in her office doing paperwork all day for 2 weeks. Nobody knew what room well all be in on stars day. She wasn't helping me get my room ready and I already had enough to deal with with a full class that don't listen to me as well. She also tells interviewees bad stuff about us like how we have turnover rate etc. But then she flipped it around on stars day and said she felt alone in the room with me and how I didn't so sht with the kids. Which was a lie. I don't take a natural leadership role and being evaluated like that made me worried so I got really shy. But apparently I did badly. I have had a shitty attitude lately. I talked to a coworker recently about it and worried it was depression or whatever. We are all pretty much over the day care but it's a different story after stars. I couldn't get up the energy to care and messed up. It's been a car crash downward. I think the lack of good management left me to not care. I wish they spoke to me about my attitude before stars. Now everybody acts like I'm the problem. Ugh. I'm trying to take steps to fix everything but that night my coworker thought I blocked her for no reason but instead of texting me in a group message with me included asking them if I blocked them too they all said yeah and the other assistant director said yep... f her lol. Full word. My coworker said she wasn't mad anymore but I feel disrespected and not sure how to act around my coworkers. I got written up by my boss for my behavior at stars. I'm planning my escape plan from this job. I'm not sure where I'll go but I'm planning on getting a car and my liscense and taking other steps to fix my issues but I have mixed feelings at work. I feel like they talk about me all the time. It's debilitating. I have anxiety. Plus I told my assistant director, the f her one, that someone who came in yo help at last minute that her ability to get the kids to listen made me feel stupid and she told my boss but she implied I was taking offense to her helping me which wasn't true. It's also near my dad's aniverary of his death. We buried him on father's day. 😣😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I'm just not over it. I'm not a saint but please tell me this place is ridiculous... I'm not sure what to do anymore. Sorry it's long thanks for reading and putting up with me. I know I like to vent on here sorry.

I totally understand ALL the drama that can occur at centers. In fact I stopped working at a center because of all the drama. It was TOO MUCH! Now that I do daycare in my home and can be my own boss, it is better. Maybe you could start your own daycare? Or, maybe try working at a small center or a home daycare that needs assistance.
Flowerchild 09:48 AM 05-01-2019
That's true. I've been looking into a new job. I'm just not sure what if like to do yet. 🤔 the drama is the worst part of the job.kids are cute but when adults act like kids it's hard to laugh.
lblanke 07:12 PM 05-02-2019
Sounds like you might be getting burned out. You have said things like, "I've been unhappy for a while now. This drama causes me to feel like I hate my job,I just want to go off on them but can't, I'm unhappy, it sucks, it's exhausting and frustrating, most of my anger is in the morning when I have to deal with the preschool, this hear has been so bad, none of mine listen, I resort to start yelling, I don't know if it is the hatred of being in the preschool room or general burn out.

There is such as thing as caregiver fatigue. Please look for something else. You sound really unhappy with your current position. It is not fair to you or the children. You deserve to be happy. Please do not open your own childcare right now. While you may lessen coworker drama, the stress of being alone with kids of mixed ages would be very difficult, I think, until you recover from this burnout. Please look for another line of work before it has a negative impact on your health.
Flowerchild 09:58 AM 05-03-2019
Thanks. I've been trying to do better but it definitely been stressful last few weeks.
Tags:center - bad environment, center workers, day care center, daycare environment, daycare experiences
Reply Up