Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Will You and The Children in Your Care Take the COVID Vaccine?
I Will Take The Vaccine 19 45.24%
I Will Not Take The Vaccine 9 21.43%
I will Require Children In My Care To Have The Vaccine 1 2.38%
I will Not Require Children In My Care To Have The Vaccine 2 4.76%
I Will Leave It Up To Each Party To Decide Independently 11 26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
1 2 3 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Covid Vaccine?
VictoryCare 12:07 PM 12-07-2020
But I thank you for your kindness and for explaining why you feel that way
VictoryCare 12:12 PM 12-07-2020
My family and I have been very lucky, and I dont want to see anymore people die, I wish everyone would just wear a mask, its such a small thing to do, I would not be able to live with myself if I caused someone to get infected because I didn't wear a mask, I am talking about myself specifically, not anyone here
Valerie928 12:13 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by VictoryCare:
Lol, willy nilly is a silly phrase, lol
It wasn't a compliment
Blackcat31 12:17 PM 12-07-2020
But I thank you for your kindness and for explaining why you feel that way
I understand the lack of tone when reading text as I’ve found myself in the thick of things a time or two before.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you’re just trying to discuss the topic in general and may have inadvertently set the tone as negative (or whatever word fits for readers) but in reality you are feeling similar to the rest of us who simply want normal back or at the very least some sense of it.

Financial survival as well as actual physical survival (and many other types of survival) all play a role in this so all facets must be considered. If only one side is addressed it won’t matter.

A car with one flat tire negates the ability to drive it.

I am leery of the vaccine.
I wear a mask 100% of the time outside my home
My DH is a type 1 diabetic

I follow the suggested rules because there isn’t any other way to “fight” right now but I can’t ignore the financial and mental health impacts while fighting this.

I think I speak for everyone but we are all frustrated, scared and a bit angry albeit for different reasons but the difference is I respect the choices others make even if I don’t agree because I can not change others.
VictoryCare 12:20 PM 12-07-2020
I think that maybe, when I am passionate about something I tend to communicate it the wrong way, maybe I am wrong, maybe none of this stuff matters, I don't know anymore
VictoryCare 12:50 PM 12-07-2020
I apologize blackcat. I certainly truly did not mean to come off in any of the ways you said I did
VictoryCare 12:51 PM 12-07-2020
I really was talking in general terms, but I can see how it came off differently
Blackcat31 12:56 PM 12-07-2020
I apologize blackcat. I certainly truly did not mean to come off in any of the ways you said I did
No worries; We are all in this together

I have no doubt that stress and fear is taking its toll on all of us in one way or another
VictoryCare 12:58 PM 12-07-2020
Thank you for understanding...😊
VictoryCare 01:18 PM 12-07-2020
I hope it will still be ok to participate in the chat boards,but maybe I should stay way from talking about Covid..lol
Blackcat31 02:52 PM 12-07-2020
I hope it will still be ok to participate in the chat boards,but maybe I should stay way from talking about Covid..lol
Definitely join all the conversations.

There are some really good ones!
284878 04:02 PM 12-07-2020
Reading through this thread reminds me of reading through a family group text. When my bi-polar sister goes on a rampage about anything including but not limited to why a chicken crossed the road. No matter what anyone says she will not agree with them, even when you try to say that you agree with her reason on why the chicken crossed the road. She will blow up the text and post things quickly without thinking, checking her tone or even sometimes contradicting herself.

My advice to my family when this happens is to not engage. It doesn't stop her from blowing up the group text but it gives her less fuel for her fire and the only one she has to argue with is herself.

-------------

With that said, someone keeps spouting to believe in or faith in science and that we should live in FEAR. Well here is some science for you...

There is a hormone in your body called, CORTISOL that is your body's natural alarm system (fight or flight). However, when you live in fear your body will produce too much cortisol and that can cause you health problems including weight gain. Hence living in fear is bad for your health and can cause you to get sick. So stop living in fear, (be afraid) and start living.

For the record, I do not believe in or have faith in science, it has been wrong too many times. (if you really need an example, the world is not flat)
VictoryCare 04:11 PM 12-07-2020
Lol, I dont live in fear, nor do I believe the world is flat. Science proved that it wasn't flat
PB&J 04:15 PM 12-07-2020
I really was talking in general terms, but I can see how it came off differently
This is what I had in mind when I stated my opinion earlier on the venting thread that posters should check out the site before posting (and then got really confused when I saw you’ve been here a couple of years)... I haven’t seen a single post from anyone that ISN’T taking this seriously or coming here to find out how to keep their kiddos and families SAFER. It seemed like out of the blue a poster (ok, you...) were reprimanding all of us and accusing us of, well, all kinds of things. From what I see, we are most ALL wearing masks, limiting outings, etc......and coming here for advice when our DC families are not.
VictoryCare 04:47 PM 12-07-2020
Again, I was speaking in general terms, I said people are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, I did not say any particular person on this site was not doing what they were supposed to be doing
Valerie928 05:21 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Reading through this thread reminds me of reading through a family group text. When my bi-polar sister goes on a rampage about anything including but not limited to why a chicken crossed the road. No matter what anyone says she will not agree with them, even when you try to say that you agree with her reason on why the chicken crossed the road. She will blow up the text and post things quickly without thinking, checking her tone or even sometimes contradicting herself.

My advice to my family when this happens is to not engage. It doesn't stop her from blowing up the group text but it gives her less fuel for her fire and the only one she has to argue with is herself.

-------------

With that said, someone keeps spouting to believe in or faith in science and that we should live in FEAR. Well here is some science for you...

There is a hormone in your body called, CORTISOL that is your body's natural alarm system (fight or flight). However, when you live in fear your body will produce too much cortisol and that can cause you health problems including weight gain. Hence living in fear is bad for your health and can cause you to get sick. So stop living in fear, (be afraid) and start living.

For the record, I do not believe in or have faith in science, it has been wrong too many times. (if you really need an example, the world is not flat)
My wise old grandmother told me the chicken crossed the road to get to the other side😁 I have to agree with my grandmother on this because she was awesome. But I am pretty sure that VictoryCare will prove this to be all wrong because Trump.
284878 05:37 PM 12-07-2020
Lol, I dont live in fear, nor do I believe the world is flat. Science proved that it wasn't flat

Your post #53 says to the reader "you should be afraid", my post says "stop living in fear (be afraid)"

I never said you believe the world is flat, I used that as an example in case you needed proof that science has been wrong.

But interestingly I found this on the world wide web...

Ferdinand Magellan, a Portuguese explorer, successfully led a fleet of ships continuously around the world in the early 1500s, proving, finally, that the Earth was indeed round. hmm... can you resist???

Officially engaged... and regretting it already
VictoryCare 05:37 PM 12-07-2020
Ya know, I was reading through what I posted and what other people posted and I basically have been saying the same things at what others have said only in a different way, so whats the deal?....
284878 05:39 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
My wise old grandmother told me the chicken crossed the road to get to the other side😁 I have to agree with my grandmother on this because she was awesome. But I am pretty sure that VictoryCare will prove this to be all wrong because Trump.
My wise old grandmother said the same thing, but just to be childish, my grandma was wiser and awesomer than yours.
VictoryCare 05:40 PM 12-07-2020
Wow, you all are so nice..😉
VictoryCare 05:40 PM 12-07-2020
And mature 😁
VictoryCare 05:46 PM 12-07-2020
It was proven that the world was round way before that
VictoryCare 05:53 PM 12-07-2020
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth research the proper research....a "little" knowledge is a dangerous thing
284878 05:58 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
I was sitting here thinking, since we are so close to having a vaccine available, how many of ya'll will be getting a vaccine and will you require your families to get their children a vaccine? Do you think that your states childcare standards will include that children will have to get a vaccine as a requirement to attend childcare or school?
Back to the original topic, I am not sure what I will do, I have recently reacted to other vaccines and I am nervous that my next reaction may be worse than the last. I also do not want a guinea pig. I do get the flu shot every year, but my reaction to those is not as bad as they are to the other vaccines.

Also, my brother and I were talking and he read that the vaccine is not to prevent you from getting sick but eases the symptoms when you do get it. So if this is true then I will take that into consideration when I make my decision.
VictoryCare 06:02 PM 12-07-2020
🤣..thank you..😁
Blackcat31 06:59 PM 12-07-2020
Round, flat or square.... the world is a powder keg just waiting to go off. Everyone is offended by something and everything and ‘snarky’ seems to be the new norm. (in general)

I try hard to find the good in every day and in everyone and freely admit it’s hard; sometimes near impossible but I do believe that a majority of people care about others.
Each of us are experiencing some form of impact from COVID. It’s not racist, biased or judgmental.

I think (individually and collectively) we learn the most from the worst times. If we don’t history repeats itself.

I pray for everyone.
284878 07:15 PM 12-07-2020
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth research the proper research....a "little" knowledge is a dangerous thing
- Wikipedia is not consider a reliable source. It is created and edited by the average man, I could edit and say that Magellan was my uncle. History books have also been found to have errors because the people that wrote them were not actually there.

"Ferdinand Magellan, a Portuguese explorer, successfully led a fleet of ships continuously around the world in the early 1500s, proving, finally, that the Earth was indeed round." < ---- this states in a roundabout way (roundabout ), that once an explorer sailed around the world, there was no longer a question that the world was in fact round. Ending any skepticism that it was not. Thus proving the world was round not just claiming that they believed it to be.

Was he the first to claim the world was round, no but he was the first one to back up his claim with proof. Or at least he was according to the history books...

Who knows if someone else went before him, it is completely possible that a pirate (or maybe it was the Vikings) ship sailed around the world first thinking that they were lost, and ashamed that it took them so long to get home that they made up stories of fighting off dragons for buried treasures. We will never know and the good news is it does not matter.
VictoryCare 07:37 PM 12-07-2020
You got your Magellan source from boys life which also says what I said about it being proven round way before Magellan..lol
VictoryCare 07:41 PM 12-07-2020
Aristotle was the first to notice that “There are stars seen in Egypt which are not seen in the northerly regions.” And since this could only happen on a curved surface, he hypothesized that the Earth was a sphere. He was also the first to observe that the shadow of Earth on the moon during a lunar eclipse is round. Even with his evidence, the world wasn’t yet convinced, after all civilization had always believed the Earth to be flat, and a silly-named Greek philosopher wasn’t going to change their mind so easily.

But it wasn’t until the height of the Roman Empire, several hundred years later, that the theory of a spherical Earth became mainstream when Roman authors included the fact in any and all scientific writings. But even then, no one knew how big of a sphere the Earth actually was, and the whole thing was just as big a mystery as ever.
VictoryCare 07:41 PM 12-07-2020
Please re-research your "research"
284878 10:20 PM 12-07-2020
Aristotle was the first to notice that “There are stars seen in Egypt which are not seen in the northerly regions.” And since this could only happen on a curved surface, he hypothesized that the Earth was a sphere. He was also the first to observe that the shadow of Earth on the moon during a lunar eclipse is round. Even with his evidence, the world wasn’t yet convinced, after all civilization had always believed the Earth to be flat, and a silly-named Greek philosopher wasn’t going to change their mind so easily.

But it wasn’t until the height of the Roman Empire, several hundred years later, that the theory of a spherical Earth became mainstream when Roman authors included the fact in any and all scientific writings. But even then, no one knew how big of a sphere the Earth actually was, and the whole thing was just as big a mystery as ever.
All this because I said I do not believe in or have faith in science because it has been wrong too many times and used the example that one-time science said that the world was flat and later we discovered that they were wrong and it was round. Science also once said that pluto was a planet and now say that they were wrong and it is a moon. (as they say, 2 wrongs don't make them right)

BTW - I did a bing search and took the first thing that popped up, I did not even pay attention to the source nor did I open the article or pay attention to who the explorer was, it could have said, Henry Hudson, was the explorer, I just posted it. (although I would have been embarrassed if you had said I got it from playboy or hooters ).

So truthfully I did a search and not research, although all I said was that I found it on the world wide web, I never said how and never claimed I did any research.

Although it has been fun, I will have to end this endless discussion with you.

I came, I made my point, I am done, time to move on.

Oh, one more thing, I am not sure if I should say this or not because... but if you use the "quote" button at the bottom of the person's comment, then we would know for sure who you are talking to or what comment you are referencing. But you probably already knew that.

Have a nice day.
VictoryCare 11:29 PM 12-07-2020
You knew who I was talking to because YOU responded back to me. And, thats my whole point, you says things here like you know it like it is fact, when in actuality you don't know anything, and than you become upset when you are called out on it, and you didn't want to move on, because, I stopped talking about science and Covid, and even apologized, but YOU could not keep me out of your mouth. Now, the conversation IS over. Have a great day...😉
VictoryCare 11:36 PM 12-07-2020
You knew who I was talking to because YOU responded back to me. And, thats my whole point. You say things here like you know it like it is fact, when in actuality you don't know anything, and than you become upset when you are called out on it, but you would be better prepared to act like you really knew what you were talking about if you actually had done a proper research. Also,, you did not want to move on, because, I stopped talking about science and Covid, and even apologized, but YOU could not keep my nane out of your mouth. Now, the conversation reakky IS over. Have a great day...😉
Josiegirl 03:53 AM 12-08-2020
Please re-research your "research"
In the spirit of my (off)sense of humor sometimes, where do all of you find the time to do this research???
And come on now, everything I learned about the earth, planets, science, life, happened in school. And we *all* know how accurate that's been.
Josiegirl 03:54 AM 12-08-2020
And please remember, some times it's more important to be kind, than right.
Gemma 04:09 AM 12-08-2020
Back to the original topic,

Also, my brother and I were talking and he read that the vaccine is not to prevent you from getting sick but eases the symptoms when you do get it.
So if getting the vaccine will not control the spread of the virus, why are they suggesting it might became mandatory in some circumstances, for the sake of the population?
VictoryCare 04:15 AM 12-08-2020
Exactly, practice what you preach
284878 05:41 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Gemma:
So if getting the vaccine will not control the spread of the virus, why are they suggesting it might became mandatory in some circumstances, for the sake of the population?
I don't know, I am not sure where he got that info. I just know that if it is true, I think I will pass.

There are so many lies out there online and in the media plus science doesn't know what they are doing either. The only true way to make a decision on getting the vaccine is to go with your heart not so called facts. If science knew what they were doing than we would not be in this predicament, the virus would not have gotten to this point and would have stopped in China. Science is not God, it is humans making guesses to benefit themselves.
Blackcat31 05:59 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
And please remember, some times it's more important to be kind, than right.
No truer words have been spoken.
VictoryCare 06:03 AM 12-08-2020
I am glad we ALL agree, now we can move on to other things..😊
Annalee 07:18 AM 12-08-2020
I am glad we ALL agree, now we can move on to other things..��
Not sure if 'agreement' is what I 'sense' on this thread but we 'CAN move on'. I feel the 'wheels are simply turning in the mud and not making much ground'.
Cat Herder 07:37 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Not sure if 'agreement' is what I 'sense' on this thread but we 'CAN move on'. I feel the 'wheels are simply turning in the mud and not making much ground'.
I agree. I lost interest completely.

I will be watching Britain's roll out and public response with great interest, though.

"Tuesday as a 90-year-old British woman became the first person outside of trials to receive the shot" - https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN28I1WD
Annalee 08:14 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I agree. I lost interest completely.

I will be watching Britain's roll out and public response with great interest, though.

"Tuesday as a 90-year-old British woman became the first person outside of trials to receive the shot" - https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN28I1WD
I'm gonna shift totally and work on a Family Tree for my 11th grade son!!! Then I'm gonna get me something good like chocolate to eat.
Cat Herder 08:28 AM 12-08-2020
I'm gonna shift totally and work on a Family Tree for my 11th grade son!!! Then I'm gonna get me something good like chocolate to eat.
That sounds fun. Never a bad day for chocolate.

I am being spoiled today. DH grilled steaks and made twice baked potato's for lunch. He said he wanted steak and is not willing to give up taco night...

I am supposed to be putting up a tree with the daycare kids this afternoon, I don't see that happening with such a heavy lunch. Maybe waterpaints and staring out the window.....
VictoryCare 08:47 AM 12-08-2020
I am definitely in the Christmas spirit
VictoryCare 08:49 AM 12-08-2020
Does anyone else bake a ton of cookies for Christmas, maybe we can swap cookie recipes?😊
Blackcat31 08:55 AM 12-08-2020
Does anyone else bake a ton of cookies for Christmas, maybe we can swap cookie recipes?😊
I love Christmas cookies but hate baking.
I have no patience for it.

I have a plan though...I usually ask my daycare families to each bring two dozen home made cookies to daycare so we have some yummy choices and everyone goes home with a variety of cookies to share with their family.

Win-win!

We can definitely start a Christmas cookie/gift etc thread and talk Christmas fun!
VictoryCare 08:56 AM 12-08-2020
Thats a great idea, I never thought about that before, can I use it, it would be great 😊
VictoryCare 08:57 AM 12-08-2020
And maybe exchange Christmas activity ideas to do with the kids?
VictoryCare 09:11 AM 12-08-2020
I mean your plan about the cookies..lol
Blackcat31 09:41 AM 12-08-2020
Thats a great idea, I never thought about that before, can I use it, it would be great 😊
Absolutely!

It is rather genius if I do say so myself! lol!
Rockgirl 11:00 AM 12-08-2020
That sounds fun. Never a bad day for chocolate.

I am being spoiled today. DH grilled steaks and made twice baked potato's for lunch. He said he wanted steak and is not willing to give up taco night...

I am supposed to be putting up a tree with the daycare kids this afternoon, I don't see that happening with such a heavy lunch. Maybe waterpaints and staring out the window.....
How nice of him! That sounds delicious. We do taco Tuesday here, too. My carne asada is currently marinating in the fridge for tonight.
Cat Herder 11:15 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
How nice of him! That sounds delicious. We do taco Tuesday here, too. My carne asada is currently marinating in the fridge for tonight.
He is pretty awesome. I really am spoiled most days. It has been a transition to him working exclusively from home these past couple years, but we have finally found our flow. Well, most days.

Our tacos for tonight are "Sweet Chili Pork Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw, Zesty Crema & Peanuts". It will be our second time having them and man are they delicious. We are still doing Every Plate 3 nights a week. It has been really fun and has introduced us to things we have never seen in our grocery stores. Can't beat the prices, either. I was surprised.
Rockgirl 11:30 AM 12-08-2020
He is pretty awesome. I really am spoiled most days. It has been a transition to him working exclusively from home these past couple years, but we have finally found our flow. Well, most days.

Our tacos for tonight are "Sweet Chili Pork Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw, Zesty Crema & Peanuts". It will be our second time having them and man are they delicious. We are still doing Every Plate 3 nights a week. It has been really fun and has introduced us to things we have never seen in our grocery stores. Can't beat the prices, either. I was surprised.
Oh, my word—that sounds delicious!!
Josiegirl 11:31 AM 12-08-2020

Are those tacos from your Every Plate? I got so sick of tacos when our kids were growing up because we had them every single week but those tacos sound really good!
Cat Herder 11:38 AM 12-08-2020
Are those tacos from your Every Plate? I got so sick of tacos when our kids were growing up because we had them every single week but those tacos sound really good!
Yes! They have a couple different tacos, quesadillas, flat breads or tostadas almost weekly in the choices. There are usually about 12-14 choices each week, vegetarian, too. Black Bean & Pepper Jack Tostadas with Southwest Lime Crema & Spicy Pico de Gallo is for tomorrow. It really is worth it for us. $38 per week/3 big meals/2 people. Easy fun.
Michael 11:38 AM 12-08-2020
Speaking of trees —The winds here have been so strong the last 4 days that my poor tree in the front yard blew down last night. I will spend today cutting it up. Right now it’s an eyesore.
284878 11:41 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Lol we are having taco too. Got them in the crock pot right now.
Cat Herder 11:55 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
Speaking of trees —The winds here have been so strong the last 4 days that my poor tree in the front yard blew down last night. I will spend today cutting it up. Right now it’s an eyesore.
Ugh. You have my sympathies. We are still clearing downed trees all over our property from Zita.
Michael 12:27 PM 12-08-2020
Ugh. You have my sympathies. We are still clearing downed trees all over our property from Zita.
I can imagine! My in-laws were in the eye of that CAT5 hurricane Michael (no less). They had at least 5 huge trees come down. One in their garage. It takes a lot of money and work to remove them. I’m lucky. Mine is about 15 feet tall with a 1 foot diameter.
284878 11:36 AM 12-09-2020
Just heard on the radio that the first few to get the vaccine in the UK included William Shakespeare. Wow, I did not know he was still alive.
Cat Herder 11:40 AM 12-09-2020
Just heard on the radio that the first few to get the vaccine in the UK included William Shakespeare. Wow, I did not know he was still alive.
I read that too... They were taking about allergic reactions this morning and warning those with past immunization reactions to hold off a bit.
284878 11:50 AM 12-09-2020
I read that too... They were taking about allergic reactions this morning and warning those with past immunization reactions to hold off a bit.
Thank you for letting me know. It looks like I will not be getting one right away then.
Cat Herder 11:52 AM 12-09-2020
Thank you for letting me know. It looks like I will not be getting one right away then.
Here are my sources: https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...KBN28J1SU?il=0 - UK medicine regulator examining Pfizer vaccine reactions as matter of priority

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...KBN28J1D1?il=0 - UK warns people with serious allergies to avoid Pfizer vaccine after two adverse reactions
Gemma 12:51 PM 12-09-2020
Here are my sources: https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...KBN28J1SU?il=0 - UK medicine regulator examining Pfizer vaccine reactions as matter of priority

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...KBN28J1D1?il=0 - UK warns people with serious allergies to avoid Pfizer vaccine after two adverse reactions
I want nothing to do with these vaccines, I rather take my chances with the virus
Valerie928 03:45 PM 12-09-2020

2 people had allergic reaction, they are fine now. All vaccines carry a lengthy list of side effects.
284878 05:33 PM 12-09-2020
2 people had allergic reaction, they are fine now. All vaccines carry a lengthy list of side effects.
Some people that are allergic to vaccines do not get lengthy side effects because the side effect is life-ending for them. Please do not degrade my decision or anyones, to hold off on taking the vaccine because only a small percentage vs a large percentage had a reaction and they are fine. I will choose to quarantine then risk having a life-ending reaction to something that is supposed to save me from getting sick.
Valerie928 07:24 PM 12-09-2020
Some people that are allergic to vaccines do not get lengthy side effects because the side effect is life-ending for them. Please do not degrade my decision or anyones, to hold off on taking the vaccine because only a small percentage vs a large percentage had a reaction and they are fine. I will choose to quarantine then risk having a life-ending reaction to something that is supposed to save me from getting sick.
Help me see how I said something to degrade you?

Also, I really don't care whether people take this vaccine or not.
284878 07:58 PM 12-09-2020
Help me see how I said something to degrade you?

Also, I really don't care whether people take this vaccine or not.
Sorry, it was an auto correct.

Your post came across to me as saying that ...

If one did not get the vaccine just because of 2 people that had an allergic reaction (and were fine) they were in the wrong because all vaccines have side effects.

But if you did not mean it that way, then I take back 100% of my reply.
Valerie928 03:14 AM 12-10-2020
Sorry, it was an auto correct.

Your post came across to me as saying that ...

If one did not get the vaccine just because of 2 people that had an allergic reaction (and were fine) they were in the wrong because all vaccines have side effects.

But if you did not mean it that way, then I take back 100% of my reply.

Cat Herder 03:15 AM 12-10-2020
And? Your point?

If you want to take the vaccine, take the vaccine. No one is stopping you. Be my guest.
Valerie928 03:46 AM 12-10-2020
And? Your point?

If you want to take the vaccine, take the vaccine. No one is stopping you. Be my guest.
If you would have read my next reply to 284878 instead of snapping at me, you would see that I don't care whether people choose to take the vaccine or not. I simply pointed out that there ARE side effects to ALL vaccines.
Cat Herder 04:04 AM 12-10-2020
If you would have read my next reply to 284878 instead of snapping at me, you would see that I don't care whether people choose to take the vaccine or not. I simply pointed out that there ARE side effects to ALL vaccines.
It was not a snap, I wanted to know your point as it seemed off topic and oppositional. We already know that all vaccines have side effects, that has nothing to do with patients with known allergic reactions to immunizations jumping the line for the first covid-19 immunizations. A known contraindication. The point of the "wait" request by health officials is that this vaccine is in limited numbers and the hospitals are already overwhelmed with high needs patients. Taking the vaccine with known previous reactions would be a selfish choice. First, in taking a dose from someone who would more likely benefit. Second, in risking your life in an already over tasked ICU lowering your survival rate and costing your family thousands of dollars if you survive.

It would be akin to giving the only available liver to an alcoholic. Yes, the alcoholic will get the chance but should not be at the top of the list. Medical history matters.
Valerie928 06:12 AM 12-10-2020
It was not a snap, I wanted to know your point as it seemed off topic and oppositional. We already know that all vaccines have side effects, that has nothing to do with patients with known allergic reactions to immunizations jumping the line for the first covid-19 immunizations. A known contraindication. The point of the "wait" request by health officials is that this vaccine is in limited numbers and the hospitals are already overwhelmed with high needs patients. Taking the vaccine with known previous reactions would be a selfish choice. First, in taking a dose from someone who would more likely benefit. Second, in risking your life in an already over tasked ICU lowering your survival rate and costing your family thousands of dollars if you survive.

It would be akin to giving the only available liver to an alcoholic. Yes, the alcoholic will get the chance but should not be at the top of the list. Medical history matters.
How in the world was I off topic? This is a thread about the vaccine right? Nevertheless, fault will be found somewhere.
Cat Herder 06:20 AM 12-10-2020
How in the world was I off topic? This is a thread about the vaccine right? Nevertheless, fault will be found somewhere.
You quoted me, not the OP. My post was about contraindications and an announced public health statement.

Your post said "2 people had allergic reaction, they are fine now. All vaccines carry a lengthy list of side effects."

They were not "fine" and my post was not about side effects. It isn't personal. No one is blocking anyone from taking it. It was a request for personal accountability.
MyAngels 06:20 AM 12-10-2020

It definitely came across as a snap to more than one person, whether intended or not, as your posts sometimes do.

This is a thread about vaccines, so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that the post was "off topic" or "oppositional" either.
Annalee 06:27 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
It definitely came across as a snap to more than one person, whether intended or not, as your posts sometimes do.

This is a thread about vaccines, so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that the post was "off topic" or "oppositional" either.
I know covid is messing with our moods, but I disagree with your view about CH 'snapping'.
Valerie928 06:31 AM 12-10-2020

Yep, this is how I see it too.
Cat Herder 06:36 AM 12-10-2020

When you quote someone, you are replying to their post. In this instance it was a statement meant to negate my statement.

I merely countered an oppositional (**opposing viewpoint**) debate to my statement. If the statement was stand-alone, without quoting my statement, I would not even have responded.
Cat Herder 06:39 AM 12-10-2020
FTR, I love to debate. It isn't personal to me and is not intended to be. Change my mind. I love that.
Cat Herder 06:43 AM 12-10-2020
Yep, this is how I see it too.
I am sorry if it hurt your feelings. It was not my intent.

Please don't quote me and counter my view if you don't want to debate me in the future. I find debate to be fun and engaging. I love learning new things and often do through debate.
Valerie928 06:55 AM 12-10-2020
I am sorry if it hurt your feelings. It was not my intent.

Please don't quote me and counter my view if you don't want to debate me in the future. I find debate to be fun and engaging. I love learning new things and often do through debate.
You didn't hurt my feelings! I just thought you were pissed at my comments and it was not my intention to do that.
Cat Herder 07:06 AM 12-10-2020
You didn't hurt my feelings! I just thought you were pissed at my comments and it was not my intention to do that.
No. Not in the least.

I welcome debates.

You are also welcome to private message me if you ever are in doubt. I promise, I am not a rager. I just use fewer words. Typing is harder when you get older.
MyAngels 08:14 AM 12-10-2020
I know covid is messing with our moods, but I disagree with your view about CH 'snapping'.
I am, in general, not a moody person. I know not everyone will agree with me. Differences of opinion are what makes the world go 'round, these days especially it would seem
MyAngels 08:15 AM 12-10-2020
When you quote someone, you are replying to their post. In this instance it was a statement meant to negate my statement.

I merely countered an oppositional (**opposing viewpoint**) debate to my statement. If the statement was stand-alone, without quoting my statement, I would not even have responded.
Ok, sounds good.
Michael 09:50 AM 12-10-2020
All of you would be better than the group we have in Congress.
Valerie928 08:37 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
All of you would be better than the group we have in Congress.

Damn Straight 🙂👍
CeriBear 07:46 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
other here! I will take the vaccine AFTER its been out awile and i see what happens to others who take it.
This 100%. I don’t want to be any sort of guinea pig. I’ll will not take the first round even if they paid me. It’s the same way for any new meds that come out.
Ariana 05:04 PM 12-13-2020
I am really happy it’s an mRNA vaccine because it means my body is making it and it’s not material being injected into me. The people who had allergic reactions are the same people who have anaphylactoid allergies to things like peanuts or eggs...so going with some peoples logic they should stop eating peanuts and eggs because some people react to it? The body sometimes reacts stupidly to SAFE things. My own child reacted negatively to a vaccine!

I recently watched a 4 hour documentary on Frontline about the AIDS pandemic and it is eerily similar to this one. At first they knew nothing about it but then slowly started learning more and more...it’s not that the information kept changing it’s that the information kept evolving as researcher learned more about the disease. I am glad it changed and evolved. There were protestors out against kids going to school because people are stupid and science hadn’t caught up yet. We know more about COVID now then we did, that’s progress and shouldn’t be seen as “science doesn’t know because it changes”. The AIDS pandemic also became really political which is sad because many politicians in the world tried to distance themselves from it and listened to “conspiracy theorists” and did nothing (especially in South Africa the hardest hit). Anyway I am rambling but it was really neat to see how much better we are doing this time around to be honest!
Blackcat31 01:10 PM 12-14-2020
I was just notified by my licensor that my state considers child care providers "front line" or critical workers and are counted in those that want the vaccine first. My licensor was asked to e-mail us and ask how many of us want to get vaccinated.
Annalee 03:28 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I was just notified by my licensor that my state considers child care providers "front line" or critical workers and are counted in those that want the vaccine first. My licensor was asked to e-mail us and ask how many of us want to get vaccinated.
Wow, what you going to do? Take it or not take it? I haven't heard anything from licensing about it here!
Blackcat31 05:29 PM 12-14-2020
Wow, what you going to do? Take it or not take it? I haven't heard anything from licensing about it here!
I dunno.... I’m so on the fence
But DH is a Type 1 diabetic so he definitely wants to get it.

I just can’t decide
Michael 08:50 PM 12-14-2020
I dunno.... I’m so on the fence
But DH is a Type 1 diabetic so he definitely wants to get it.

I just can’t decide
Since it doesn’t sound like you’re adamantly against it, I think you should err on the side of caution.
Ariana 04:01 PM 12-15-2020
That is so great!!
Blackcat31 05:10 PM 12-17-2020
Just found out my daughter is scheduled to get the vaccine tomorrow at 2:45.
Makes me feel a bit better since she works on the COVID floor at a big hospital.
e.j. 05:40 PM 12-17-2020
Makes me feel a bit better since she works on the COVID floor at a big hospital.
That's got to be a huge relief for you - and even more so when she gets the second shot!
Valerie928 05:43 PM 12-17-2020
I am very happy to hear your daughter is getting the vaccine! My cousin, who works at our local Children's hospital got her vaccine yesterday! I know I will get hate for this but please, everyone! Take this vaccine! Read from the actual manufacturer to learn about mRNA.
Annalee 07:09 PM 12-17-2020

Josiegirl 02:39 AM 12-18-2020
Wonderful! Good luck to her!
Thank you to her for working in such a selfless and currently dangerous profession. It must be heart-breaking at times.
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 12-18-2020
She is anxious about vaccines so she called work this morning and asked if she could come in before her shift instead of after. They said yes, so she got it already this morning! So relieved!

Wonderful! Good luck to her!
Thank you to her for working in such a selfless and currently dangerous profession. It must be heart-breaking at times.
Oh my yes! You would not believe the number of times she's called me in tears because of a horrible situation. The worst was one where she and another nurse basically held a patient until they passed (and not peacefully).

She is a very kind and loving person with a HUGE heart and sometimes I think nursing is not for her but she loves what she does. I suppose when you think about it, there isn't really any job that is all fun and rainbows all the time.
Attached: F6CE037E-3737-4751-A1B7-53EDA9D158E9.jpeg (335.7 KB) 
Tags:accountability, blame game, coronavirus, covid-19 vaccine, illness policy, misinformation, poll, public education
1 2 3 
Reply Up