Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Stuffed French Toast
nikia 11:18 AM 12-09-2010
Anyone here made that for thier kids? Or even heard of it? I was reading a new recipe book I got and it had it in there sounds really good, but I didnt know if it would be a great success with kids.
Luna 01:17 PM 12-09-2010
I actually made this today! Two kids loved it, two wouldn't touch it. My fifth wasn't here today, but he loves it. I used a recipe from Sunmaid. It has raisin bread and bananas, and it is baked in the oven.
nikia 01:51 PM 12-09-2010
This one is the following:

Peel fruit and thinly slice - apples, bananas and pear. Combine fruit and nuts in a bowl (pecans) sprinkle with brown sugar. Beat 2 eggs and add milk, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves in seperate bowl. One loaf french bread cut each slice of bread to back edge no through open slices and spread evenly with butter. Fill slices with fruit mixture pressing halves together to seal. Dip stuffed slices in batter and cook on griddle until browned on both sides.

Sounds intresting to me
Michael 02:29 PM 12-09-2010
Yield 6 servings

Ingredients
Directions
  1. In a bowl, whisk milk, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon into the beaten eggs until well blended. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together raspberry puree and cream cheese until smooth. Make 'sandwiches' by cutting each slice of bread in half and spreading raspberry-cheese mixture in the center, then top with the other half.
  2. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or griddle. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating thoroughly. Cook until well-browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Serve immediately.

broncomom1973 04:30 PM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by Michael:
Yield 6 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup raspberry puree
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
  • butter
  • confectioners' sugar for dusting
  • nutmeg, for topping
Directions
  1. In a bowl, whisk milk, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon into the beaten eggs until well blended. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together raspberry puree and cream cheese until smooth. Make 'sandwiches' by cutting each slice of bread in half and spreading raspberry-cheese mixture in the center, then top with the other half.
  2. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or griddle. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating thoroughly. Cook until well-browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Yum, sounds good!
Candyland 10:16 AM 12-27-2010
would you believe I've only made french toast once in my entire life and I'm over 40!!!
Anyhow; I think too many eggs are used and that grosses me out; I absolutely love french toast, but I just can't get past the eggs!
Tags:french toast, recipe
Reply Up