Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Brainteaser Games And Books
themoorethemerrier 09:19 AM 03-16-2012
Blowing up the boards with my million questions again!

Recommendations?

We have the triangle game, which my 7 yo dd loves, and my hubby made a simple jigsaw wood puzzle with the end of a 2X6 that the preK love. I think I'm going to get a set of Legos maybe with a Lego creation book and a circuit toy.

Trying to find more creative and mind-building activities for my SA to do during quiet time.
AmyLeigh 09:27 AM 03-16-2012
Kumon books come to mind. They have mazes, activities etc. What about crossword puzzles and word search books?
I just subscribed my son to the free Lego club magazine. I comes with project ideas and challenges each month. It renews the boys' interest in the Legos everytime.
GretasLittleFriends 09:58 AM 03-16-2012
Check out http://www.mindware.com for a lot of awesome ideas. I ordered a tin-can robot for my son for Christmas from them, and added to the order some fun coloring books.

Also, free with the order was "The Best of MindWare Brain Teasers volume 3". It is a mix of activities.
It includes:Lots of other activities and the answers are in the back of the book.
cheerfuldom 10:03 AM 03-16-2012
I'd love to see a picture of the puzzle your hubby made!
themoorethemerrier 11:03 AM 03-16-2012
Uh, Cheerfuldom, it's really an 1 inch of a 2X6 which was then broken with the grain. I could take a picture, but it just looks like broken pieces of wood. Kids still like it, so why not?

Excellent ideas, ladies!!!

I'm trying to keep their "technology" out, so I wanted some mentally stimulating activities to keep them busy...
Reply Up