Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Biting - My Child
momofboys 06:17 AM 05-13-2010
I know there have been plenty of posts about biting but I wanted some perspective for my situation. My son is 2 1/2, I care for a 2 year old boy & typically the two boys play together very well. Yes, they have their "fights" over toys etc but usually they are very good. My son get get overly excited sometimes & will play bite the other little boy. When he does this I always check to make sure that he has not broken the skin. He never has to my knowledge, I don't even see teeth marks. Still I will tell him "No biting" & will make him sit in time-out b/c I really don't even want him to pretend to bite for fear that he actually will. Earlier this week the DC boy threw up & I had quite a mess to clean up since he actually vomited TWICE before mom arrived. While I was cleaning up with the boys near me but not in my sight the little boy who vomited was fussing some but I thought it was b/c he was upset from throwin up. I didn't think much of it but continued to quickly clean up & do some light disinfecting. After I was finished I comforted him as we waited for his mom to come. When she came in today she mentioned that he had a set of teeth marks on his back! I was so shocked. She said she understood & knew it was not my fault because she knows that kids will do that sometimes. I apologized profusely knowing that my son likely did do it & I was unaware. Really the little boy was hardly crying at all so I was quite surprised that it happened here but I guess it is possible. I promised to watch for similar behavior but really I don't know 100% that is happened here. I did ask my son & he said he did it but he's only 2 1/2 so who knows if he really did. The part that really bugged me though was when she said she didn't tell her husband b/c he would have been so steamed. That bothered me a TON b/c she is always making these comments about Tim would say this or Tim would say that like he thinks I am such an awful person. I already know that he thinks I make too much $$$ (mom as much said so, she told me that Tim would not be happy if they had to pay for ANY time that the kids did not come & wanted a lower B & A rate, etc). . . I am sort of on the low end for my part of the state so no, I really don't make THAT much $$$ for caring for your precious little ones. Okay, I feel a little better now. I just really needed to vent.
Tags:biting
Up