Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Attendence
Kenny 06:41 AM 09-20-2010
How do you keep track of your attendence?
tymaboy 06:57 AM 09-20-2010
Do you mean the kids attendance or the days that I take off?

For the kids I have a program on the computer that keeps track of the hours they are in care then at the end of the week it will tell me how much they owe. It great for yr end totals as well.

For me I will let the parents know what days I need off then I will mark how many days I took off on the white board. Not as good of a system as I have for the kids but it works.
Jewels 07:53 AM 09-20-2010
Minute menu program, is where I keep track of all my attendance for kids.
TGT09 08:19 AM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by tymaboy:
For the kids I have a program on the computer that keeps track of the hours they are in care then at the end of the week it will tell me how much they owe. It great for yr end totals as well.
Could you share the name?

I currently have a document in Word that I update weekly to keep track of attendance and totals.
seashell 08:59 AM 09-20-2010
I don't feel a need to take attendance. I have the same crew everyday and payment is due regardless of attendance.
newtodaycare22 09:09 AM 09-20-2010
I have a sign in sheet on a clipboard where the parents drop off. It has each kid's name and the days listed Mon-Fri. They have to write the time their kid comes in and initial, as well as the time they leave with initials. It helps cover you if anything ever happens and someone tries to say they were with you..because you can show them exact times.My licensing in MD actually requires it.
tymaboy 09:34 AM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
Could you share the name?

I currently have a document in Word that I update weekly to keep track of attendance and totals.
Its MacFreelance - it only works on an Apple computer. If you own a Mac I recommend the program.
JJPlaycare 10:02 AM 09-20-2010
I use the Calendar Keeper made by Redleaf Press their website is redleafpress.org They also offer a computer program you can use to keep track of everything, but I find that the actual paper/pencil records just work better for me! To each their own! This book and computer program is FANTASTIC and you can keep track of everything you need with these! I get mine with the start of each year and fill out everything in their and hand the book over to my tax lady and she can flip through and find everything she needs in the book! Best thing I ever bought myself I think it was about $15.00, can't remember how much the computer program was with them, but pretty much the same thing, just choose which method which works better for you, the book or the computer!!
gkids09 11:13 AM 09-20-2010
I use a teacher gradebook that I found at the local teacher store...It's the one that has a column with a longer space to write the kids' names, and the little squares to write their grades. On one side, I write the kids' names, and mark their attendance with an X each day in the little squares. If they aren't here, they don't get an X. The other half is used to record payments. I use one page per month.
missnikki 11:18 AM 09-20-2010
I use a program called ProCare. I keep track of lots of little ones, it's great for larger scale attendance. It keeps track of everything from clocking in/out, can unlock doors with passwords, authorized adults with picture identification, reporting annually or daily or anything inbetween, payroll, immunizations, schedules, meals, bus runs, etc... very comprehensive.
misol 07:10 PM 09-20-2010
I use Minute Menu and I also have parents sign in and out.
Tags:attendance
Reply Up