Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child care nurse consultant
Unregistered 10:43 AM 12-19-2014
Have you ever had one come and do a safety screen for points for QRS? What did they look for what did they tell you to improve on? I am having the nurse consultant come in January so I want to be as ready as I can be. I'm nervous I haven't heard good things about this nurse on her visits to other providers in the area.
heyhun77 12:09 PM 12-19-2014
The nurse consultant that comes into our homes here is really here to help us improve toward best practices. With that said, some best practices seem unattainable in a home childcare and can seem overwhelming.

I would hope that she is there to look for things that would be looked for in a ERS observation like handwashing, diaper changing procedures, general cleanliness of the space, tipping hazards, outlet plugs, extension cords, tripping hazards, fire hazards, fall zones, ect. I have had several ERS observations and thus several health consultant visits. Feel free to ask any other questions.

What are you hearing from other providers?
Unregistered 12:37 PM 12-19-2014
That they are making them get rid of toys and making them change things. Plus I thought no big deal she will be in and out in no time at all. No she will come at 9 and leave at noon. My kids will be so naughty I know it. I just can't have someone here watching me for that long. I may call and cancel this visit. I have one kid who is scared of strangers he will scream bloody murder while this lady is here. I have no desire to move up another level in the qrs anyway.
KiddieCahoots 02:32 PM 12-19-2014
Wow, this is an eye opener!
I was told the nurse practitioner was only suppose to go through your medical records to make sure they were all in order.
Unregistered 03:28 PM 12-19-2014
They. Heck to make sure outlets have plugs they check all toys and anything that can fit inside a toilet paper tube must be removed because it's a choking hazard. She will check outside for fall surviving any health and safety thing she checks and comes back to make sure you fixed any issues.
Reply Up