Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Get Rid Of Illness?
Unregistered 11:04 AM 01-20-2017
My daycare kids keep bring in colds. They all had it at Christmas time with bad coughs and runny noses . And now this week they all have runny noses and ear infections! I also have it and everytime I get a sinus infection! How do I get rid of the illness? I bleach and Lysol everything. ???????
debbiedoeszip 03:36 PM 01-20-2017
Basically you can't and you won't. You can't completely eliminate viral infections during cold and flu season. There are measures that can be taken to either lessen the number of them that you catch, or to lessen the severity when you do catch them, but it's more about your habits and less about cleaning (though moderate cleaning is always a good thing). Wash you hands frequently, eat healthy, exercise, and get plenty of sleep.
LysesKids 03:59 AM 01-21-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My daycare kids keep bring in colds. They all had it at Christmas time with bad coughs and runny noses . And now this week they all have runny noses and ear infections! I also have it and everytime I get a sinus infection! How do I get rid of the illness? I bleach and Lysol everything. ???????
As Debbie said; I personally use an EPA approved, plant based, hospital grade disinfectant - better for the kids than lysol ... also, if it's the first year some of these kids have been in care, it's almost a given they will catch more colds than a child who has had their immune system built up over a few years.
renodeb 06:57 PM 01-21-2017
Take the usual precautions, other than that its just that time of year. Also God knows where those kids are going when there not in your daycare. Lots of chances to pick up germs. Hang in there!
Reply Up