Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Not a Full Moon...What Then?
Josiegirl 02:30 PM 05-12-2015
sigh....just one of those days I guess. Kids pushing, screaming, snatching toys away, hitting, teasing, scrambling to be first at everything, not listening, uncooperative, just another day in paradise.
Pepperth 03:00 PM 05-12-2015
Yes!!! It was that way here today too. In our case, I think it is because we've been stuck inside for 2 days due to rain.
AuntTami 03:13 PM 05-12-2015
It was ridiculous here too. And the speech therapist for one of my kiddos said that it was the same at the school where she works! They're all ONREY!
childcaremom 04:40 PM 05-12-2015
Mine, too. They usually get along very well and today they very well didn't.
NorthernMNgal 10:03 AM 05-13-2015
Seriously mine have been crazy all day today and yesterday! To the point where I thought about quitting and going back to my old job! Friday can't come soon enough!
mommiebookworm 01:14 PM 05-13-2015
Today it's my group! There has been hitting, pushing, ripping toys out of each others hands, lots of screaming! And the icing on the cake.... dcb3 screaming on repeat "what the f___!" and the two other boys repeating him!!!
Is it Friday yet????
DaisyMamma 01:33 PM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
sigh....just one of those days I guess. Kids pushing, screaming, snatching toys away, hitting, teasing, scrambling to be first at everything, not listening, uncooperative, just another day in paradise.
OMG! I'm having the worst day ever, too!
AuntTami 04:19 PM 05-13-2015
We had a terrible day here again today too.

It began with dcb2 pushing dcb1(they're cousins but act like brothers!) over while they were sitting on the floor playing with the doll house. Dcb1 couldn't even attempt to catch himself and hit his head on my hardwood floor. AWESOME! Thankfully they're cousins so neither parent was upset lol.

It all went down hill from there. Is it Friday yet?
Laurel 08:50 AM 05-14-2015
When I had days like that I used to put them down early for nap. That sometimes helps a lot. I always figured they must be tired.

Laurel
daycarediva 09:17 AM 05-14-2015
Laurel, that's what I do, and what I did today! So over it. Had a child, a FOUR year old, toss a plate of food onto the floor because he didn't like what I was serving.

We were playing a card game, and an almost 4yo ripped a card in half because it wasn't her favorite. Screamed for about 20 minutes when I excused her to go have a seat.

A 4yo kicked another 4yo because he was looking at him weird.

Dh came home for lunch and I am usually sitting and enjoying talking to the kids, dh will chat with us, etc. Not today, 2 in tears. One (the plate tosser) sitting in time out complaining about being hungry but not wanting THAT. 2 eating nicely chatting together and one whining that the other 3 were bothering him.

I read one book while they sat on their cots. Goodnight children.
Josiegirl 03:43 PM 05-14-2015
The rest of the week hadn't been going too bad until my 4 yo dcg(what is it with 4 yo)refused to listen or cooperate today. Grrrr. We were outside playing this afternoon and 3 separate times someone had to come back in to use the bathroom. 4 yo dcg would always lollygag and procrastinate until the last time I had to go take her hand and start leading her. She pulled away and took off. So I took the others and came out of the gate and locked it. Waited about 5 seconds then opened it. She was right there laughing. I coulda.......grrr. Then we're on our way in and she starts towards the neighbor's yard, course everybody starts following her because she's such a bossy one. So when we got inside the house I told her to sit in a chair, I wanted to talk with her. She refused, I put her in it. Then went to help the child in the bathroom, came back and she was hiding in the playroom.

Tomorrow's Friday Yayay
Reply Up