Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Still Bringing Toddler to DC in Underwear
Crazy Baby 12:36 PM 11-23-2015
Even though my rules state that the child must be able to go a full 2 weeks without an accident, the parents are still bringing him in underwear. They say "oh we ran out of pull-ups." I am fed up with the fact that they think it is OK to disrespect me and my rules! The kid is still pooping his pants, so he is not 100% ready yet. He just turned 3, do you think that I should still be making him show up in pull-ups or allow the undies?

Another problem I am having with this family is that we are actually good friends and neighbors and it is much harder to enforce the rules.
Thriftylady 12:53 PM 11-23-2015
It is unsanitary for the other kids. Tell them that. Just because they are friends don't mean they get to put the other kids (or your family) at risk of illness. And there are MANY illnesses that are passed through fecal matter. Off the top of my head salmonella is one of them. Next time they show up in undies, I would turn them away at the door and tell them he can't come until he is properly clothed. Warn them today that it cannot happen again, and if it does he will not be admitted into care.
Unregistered 12:59 PM 11-23-2015
Doesn't matter the age, he isn't ready.
Do you have diaper or pull ups for him at your daycare?
Crazy Baby 01:06 PM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Doesn't matter the age, he isn't ready.
Do you have diaper or pull ups for him at your daycare?
Yes I do. I haven't put him in one yet today and he has not had an accident. I am open to trying the underwear out, but as soon as he has an accident he is going back in pull ups.

I guess what really grinds my gears is that the parents are suppose to be my friends and professional individuals and they just blatantly disregard my rules.
rosieteddy 01:42 PM 11-23-2015
I tell parents no underwear until I say. They must send the child in pull-ups and I need a supply here.I would send a note this week.Starting Monday the child will not be able to attend unless he has pull-up on .They should bring a bag and leave them with you. I would tell them he may not attend .
Thriftylady 03:02 PM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by Crazy Baby:
Yes I do. I haven't put him in one yet today and he has not had an accident. I am open to trying the underwear out, but as soon as he has an accident he is going back in pull ups.

I guess what really grinds my gears is that the parents are suppose to be my friends and professional individuals and they just blatantly disregard my rules.
Okay the way I see it, you are allowing it since he "hasn't had an accident". You need to be consistent. Sometimes moreso with the parents than the kiddos.
daycarediva 03:08 PM 11-23-2015
Do you have a potty training policy? I would make one asap. Hand it to Mom. I require two weeks accident free (ZERO accidents) before I allow underwear. If a child has more than two accidents a week, they go back in pullups. Sanitary reasons. Then when dcm violates the policy, you can say "Dcm, per the potty training policy I require...." and as long as YOU stick to it, so will she.
Unregistered 04:39 AM 11-24-2015
I have a dcm who says dck3.5 uses only underwear at home and tells them he has to go and will go in the potty. My policy is must be 2 weeks accident free same as others so I have dck wear a pull up over the undies. It's going on a few months and dck has at least 2-3 accidents a day. Dck will tell me when he needs to poop but not for pee so pull ups over the undies until he can stay dry for 2 weeks.
Tags:attire, parents - are clueless, toddler, toddler clothes, underwear
Reply Up