Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Silly Question
BentleysBands 04:23 AM 10-13-2010
do you have pet names i guess its called for your daycare kids?

heres ares:

2yr old dcb : short rod or 'get a job'
3 1/2 yr old dcb : whin-O
4month old dcg: amellia badellia or pootie pants
3yr old dcg: Ry Ry
18month dcb: Connor the Con Man
5yr old SA : ughhhhh
5yr old SA : G-man

of course all the parents know too

mostly my DH came up w/these names LOL to match their personalities
marniewon 04:34 AM 10-13-2010
The parents know and are okay with you calling their child "whin-o" and "ughhh"? LOL That's brave

I have a 1yo dcb that I've had since he was 6 weeks old. My dh started calling him bobblehead, since that's what infants do. Later shortened to Bob. Now, when my dh walks in the room and says "hi bob", dcb will turn around and wave to dh.
TGT09 04:59 AM 10-13-2010
Just variations of their names, not really anything special like you have. :-)
BentleysBands 05:27 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
The parents know and are okay with you calling their child "whin-o" and "ughhh"? LOL That's brave

I have a 1yo dcb that I've had since he was 6 weeks old. My dh started calling him bobblehead, since that's what infants do. Later shortened to Bob. Now, when my dh walks in the room and says "hi bob", dcb will turn around and wave to dh.
yep...we got whino from mom saying whiner all the time so we shortened it...and ughhhh..is actually much nicer than what mom calls her ....she drives us NUTS and parents too...but i blame the parents for her behavior , gonna cause her problems later in school for sure....no one can take her attitudes,etc.....

on a side note, we dont call them these names all the time.we DO use proper names...its when we are goofing off esp. when DH gets home after 5pm so its not like we call them 'names' ..just wanna make this clear before its taken out of context
marniewon 06:09 AM 10-13-2010
That is so sad! Not that you have nicknames for the kids, but the name "ughh" is better than what mom calls her It really frustrates me when parents call their kids negative names - kinda makes you wonder what started first - the parents being rude or the child's rude behavior! My step-daughter calls her dd "brat" and it really breaks my heart - the baby is not a brat. Yeah, she can BE a brat sometimes, but that's not who she is.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread, I know you meant this as a fun post, and I agree, it is fun giving kids nicknames. I have a dcb with the last name of Brown. My 15yo ds calls him Mr. Brown of the Brown Empire.
MommyMuffin 06:26 AM 10-13-2010
My DH calls me "mommy muffin" hence the name...not sure why though...I do make a lot of muffins though
He calls DD "baby muffin", she is 2. Cant wait to see what my dc kids personalities are like..I will get back to you with some nicknames
BentleysBands 06:27 AM 10-13-2010
i know its horrible. we def. do not use negativaty with the kids, its 'our' words when she comes home from school...like i see her walking up the sidewalk and i go 'ugghhhh' LOL...

yes, it was a fun post, not for a negative side thanks for seeing that.

oh yeah, i have a very part timer today whos name is Lex so we call him Lex Luther LOL or Lex Rex

an example is some of my kids cant say Miss Kris ...and it comes out Miss Piss LMAO...i do correct them but sometimes i just giggle inside.

oh and my dog Bentley they cant say so a dcg names him Broccoli or my dane is moose but we say moosey goosey

edited to add: i forgot to say that this SA girls parents call her Brat too....to her which is sadder!
melskids 06:46 AM 10-13-2010
oh yeeeahhh.....do i have nicknames. i just dont call them by them to their faces...

in the past we had...

football head....self explanitory
poltergeist....she would get mad and boy her head would spin and she LOOKED just like the girl from exorcist
joe dirt....remember that movie? the kid looked just like him, blonde mullet and all
veruca (sp?)....from willy wonka....i want a golden goose daddy and i want it now uuuggghhhh...i dont miss that
linus...he drug his blanket EVERYWHERE, even in the water at the beach
whiney butt....a few have had this name...lol

i just want to add, i NEVER EVER said this to their faces!!!!

i do currently have a porkchop and a monkey man.....
missnikki 06:55 AM 10-13-2010
Some of my SA's have nicknames:
-Viper - a 7 year old girl who kicks everyone's butts at fooseball
-General ****(last name)- 8 year old who adores his older bro in the military
-Pocket Ninja- 9 year old shorty who likes to slink around and scare people
-Handlebars- 9 y.o. BMX biker
-Megabyte- 8 y.o. who only wants to play on the computer all day
-Bagels- 6 y.o. girl who brings a bagel every morning
and a few with silly variations of their actual name.

They call each other those names all the time! Viper and Megabyte always correct me when I take roll.

Oh, Bagels just showed up!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:17 AM 10-13-2010
We have doodle, not sure why,..lol Ive had her since 5 weeks,.. she has always been my doodle. They are all my bugs, monkeys or monsters. When my husband had his spine surgery and was home for 12 LONG weeks,..lol. they nicknamed him fairy princess, lol. I have one who comes sporadically and I call him scooby,. He is infatuated with Scooby Doo.

Ive had some through the years,... but nothing negative or offputting. And I call them by it in front of everyone. Usually I pick up on what they call each other,.. we have Ro, Quint, Em, Dom, Personally my own kids are bucket, Bub, Hailer and Lizard. I do call my neighbor girl Emmalou,.. not her name. lol.
momofsix 11:04 AM 10-13-2010
We have a "princess" NOT in a good way=more like "oh the PRINCESS is here
We had a "chunky monkey/chunkers"-but as he got older we thought we better not call him that anymore
lots of rhyming names like Anna Banana...
Usually the nickname is a take off from their real name
sahm2three 11:29 AM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
do you have pet names i guess its called for your daycare kids?

heres ares:

2yr old dcb : short rod or 'get a job'
3 1/2 yr old dcb : whin-O
4month old dcg: amellia badellia or pootie pants
3yr old dcg: Ry Ry
18month dcb: Connor the Con Man
5yr old SA : ughhhhh
5yr old SA : G-man

of course all the parents know too

mostly my DH came up w/these names LOL to match their personalities
Yep! I hardly every call my dck's by their names! The parents have even taken on some of them! I did the same with my kids, they each had like 4 or 5 nicknames. Here are a few:

almost 2 year old: Cheeks (he has the best chubby cheeks)
1 year old: Bogey boy (rhymes with his name, sort of, lol)
6 month old: Fusser Busser (for obvious reasons)
4 year old: Princess (she is my only girl in dc)
kidkair 04:11 PM 10-14-2010
Never to them; usually just so my husband and I can talk about the kids without drawing their attention.
Tornados: siblings took everything out of everywhere
Earthquakes: siblings jumped everywhere and knocked things down
Crash: ran into everything (more than one kid)
Siren: screamed like a tornado siren (more than one kid)
Former Teacher 06:06 PM 10-14-2010

I am the self proclaimed QUEEN of Nicknames! Funny thing is..depending on the child and/or parent I would call the child their nickname to their face HAHA!

A few:

Furley Frog- boy I had at 6 weeks, left at 5 years. He looked like Mr. Furley from Threes Company and was always hop and jump around..we got Furley Frog.

Da Dee- girl who I also had at 6 weeks and she left at 5 years. She was a beast as a baby. She would ONLY be quiet as long as my sister who worked with me at that time was holding her. Anyone else she would be screaming. Even if my sister wasnt holding her, she would scream. So, we started on calling her She Devil. Well that didnt sound nice lol...so when we were talking and making sounds it started coming out as Da Dee!

Paco- boy...just looked like a puffy taco

Janet Reno - girl we had as an infant...she was 4 years old and for Halloween that year she looked like Will Farrell that time when he dressed up as Janet on Saturday Night Live.

Spock- girl AGAIN as an infant..as she grew older..her ears were pointed so hence the name.

Fat Jack- baby was named Jaxon and he was a chunker...so he was Fat Jack (mom started this one!)

Whitey- boy named Wyatt however he was whiter than snow.

There were SO many good nicknames over the years. I don't think there was any child that DIDNT have a nickname.

Thanks for the memories!
katie 10:05 AM 10-15-2010
Yes! I thought I was the only one. We call 5 month old dcb "fussy boy" for obvious reasons. He alternates between a low squeek and a horrible blood curldling scream they can hear in Texas. I used to have a 1 and 1/2 yr old girl that wore a pair of shorts with salad designs on them. So she got the name Caesar Salad. Then it went to Caesar, then Caes. I did tell her mom and she thought it was funny. Haven't told fussyboy's mom and don't plan on it! Lol
Tags:pet names
Reply Up