Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Best Games For 3y Olds (And Some 4y)
WImom 08:30 PM 01-22-2013
We play a board game or puzzles every day from 4:00-4:30 while everyone is getting picked up. Most of the kids are three. I'm getting sick of playing the same games and want to buy some new ones.

What are your kids favorites?
ABCDaycareMN 08:36 PM 01-22-2013
Elefun is a favorite.
Willow 09:20 PM 01-22-2013
We handmade a new favorite just last week.

I cut fish shapes out of heavy rainbow colored cardstock and let the kids put a sticker of letter of the alphabet on each one. Then I slipped a bobby pin where the fish's mouth would be. Attached a string to a dowel, and at the end of the string a magnet. Scattered the fish in a "pond" (blue blanket) and then the kids took turns fishing. When they catch one I ask them the color, put them in a big line building the alphabet as we go and then sing the ABC's together when all are caught.

Another - because hide and seek is a favorite but I don't really have any places to hide in my house I use seasonal objects to hide instead. During Christmas it was a small bag of wooden ornaments, right now it's plastic snowflakes and wooden hearts, around spring will be a basket of fake flowers or plastic Easter eggs....that sort of thing. Kids sit, cover their eyes and practice counting while I hide the items around the house.

As far as commercial games Leap Frog has a great bingo game with four variations (numbers, letters, animals and shapes), Don't Spill the Beans, Cootie, Jenga, and Hi Ho Cherry O are favorites of kiddos around that age here.
daycare 09:26 PM 01-22-2013
Hide the (). We hide the mitten

We made a paper mitten.

I hide it while the kids close their eyes.

We sing have you seen my missing mitten song as we all look for it.

No joke we played at least 4 times a week since the Start of the month for about 45 min. The kids LOVe it....
MamaBearCanada 05:14 AM 01-23-2013
My kids love hi ho cherryo too
3amazingkiddos 06:46 AM 01-23-2013
We play memory, break the ice, flipping frogs, candy land, ants in the pants, and hungry hungry hippos to name a few. I also have a big selection of 24 piece puzzles that they enjoy doing.
Reply Up