Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Judge Judy?
MissAnn 07:00 AM 01-05-2013
Any date set yet? I can't wait!
Springdaze 05:19 PM 01-06-2013
Ive been checking my guide and hopefully didnt miss it!
Michelle 05:56 PM 01-06-2013
yes, I want to record this!!!
Fruitloops1 06:16 PM 01-06-2013
why? Whats so special about her?
Oneluckymom 09:49 PM 01-06-2013
I'm waiting to here the date too. Hopefully we didn't miss it.
countrymom 05:48 AM 01-07-2013
me too, I need a date.
Breezy 06:12 AM 01-07-2013
Me too! Been checking!!
Binkybobo 06:42 AM 01-07-2013
Originally Posted by Fruitloops1:
To answer your question, one of the forum users has a childcare related case that will be airing on the show sometime soon. I don't know all of the details though.
Blackcat31 06:44 AM 01-07-2013
Originally Posted by Fruitloops1:
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53612
Meeko 06:57 AM 01-07-2013
The waiting is killing me!!!!!!
small_steps 07:46 AM 01-07-2013
Me too! I was just thinking about this the other day.
jokalima 12:01 PM 01-07-2013
is it going to be this month?
Country Kids 12:20 PM 01-07-2013
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Me too! Been checking!!
Breezy dahlin, I have so been missing you!!! PM me with your email so we can catch up!

I soooooooooooooooo miss the chat room!

Miss talking to all my ladies during lunch-
Kimberli 06:16 PM 01-08-2013
Finally received a card in the mail ... January 18th is the date they told me. (But subject to change)

:P
Michelle 06:33 PM 01-08-2013
o.k., we will watch it!
you are our hero!

sharlan 07:24 PM 01-08-2013
I'll be watching too. I will set the DVR right now.
Heidi 05:28 AM 01-09-2013
Thanks for the update!
Country Kids 06:05 AM 01-09-2013
Can you post a HUGE reminder that day?

I want to see it so bad but you know how it goes!
Lilbutterflie 07:31 AM 01-09-2013
January 18th...Got it! Setting the DVR now!
Michael 10:59 AM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Can you post a HUGE reminder that day?

I want to see it so bad but you know how it goes!
You can also use the forum calendar to set a date. https://www.daycare.com/forum/calendar.php
MarinaVanessa 11:42 AM 01-10-2013
I set my DVR too!!! I can't wait!!
lovemykidstoo 11:57 AM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by Kimberli:
Finally received a card in the mail ... January 18th is the date they told me. (But subject to change)

:P
Is that the date that they're taping it or airing it?
Blackcat31 12:11 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Is that the date that they're taping it or airing it?
I would assume since she already went to court and has a verdict, that is when the show is airing.

lovemykidstoo 12:13 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would assume since she already went to court and has a verdict, that is when the show is airing.

Thanks, I wasn't clear on it. so do we know the verdict or do we have to wait?
daycare 12:39 PM 01-10-2013
ok so I had to find out what Judge Judy was last time there was a post about this and I did see it one time. But now I dont know where to find it.

will it be on at a certain time??
Blackcat31 12:41 PM 01-10-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
ok so I had to find out what Judge Judy was last time there was a post about this and I did see it one time. But now I dont know where to find it.

will it be on at a certain time??
In my area Judge Judy is on CBS at 4:00 CST. Hoping that helps.

Do you have cable or maybe Direct TV or Dish? You can just search for any new Judge Judy shows using the guide for most satellites and cable companies. I guess it depends on what type of services you have.
daycare 12:43 PM 01-10-2013

Do you have cable or maybe Direct TV or Dish? You can just search for any new Judge Judy shows using the guide for most satellites and cable companies. I guess it depends on what type of services you have.
lol I have direct tv and I don't know how to use that box. My husband just upgarded our box to a jennie box and now I really don't know how to use it..

I will have to ask my son to do it for me.... you are two hours ahead BC?? it's 12:45 here
lovemykidstoo 12:48 PM 01-10-2013

That's weird. Here it's on at 7:00 and it's an ABC station not a CBS.
Blackcat31 12:55 PM 01-10-2013
lol I have direct tv and I don't know how to use that box. My husband just upgarded our box to a jennie box and now I really don't know how to use it..

I will have to ask my son to do it for me.... you are two hours ahead BC?? it's 12:45 here
Yep two hours ahead. It's 2:55 here now.

You can go to DirectTV.com and search the guide on-line and even set your DVR to record from that site
daycare 01:03 PM 01-10-2013
Yep two hours ahead. It's 2:55 here now.

You can go to DirectTV.com and search the guide on-line and even set your DVR to record from that site
Ok i think I can do that. I am pretty good with the computer
Michelle 09:52 AM 01-12-2013
I was looking on the Judge Judy website and they have a case where a daycare worker calls dpss because a skin condition looked like bruising and the parent is suing for damages.. it's coming on this Wednesday..1-16-13
daycare 04:38 PM 01-12-2013
Did the showing date change? I looked up on TV guide all airing to be shown on the 18th but none are about Daycre case....

Sorry for typo I'm on my phone
Michelle 04:40 PM 01-12-2013
http://www.judgejudy.com/archives/2013-01-16

look up case # 1
daycare 04:41 PM 01-12-2013
But this is not the one that is related to Kimberly is it??
Michelle 05:12 PM 01-12-2013
no, I just thought it was interesting
daycare 05:48 PM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
no, I just thought it was interesting
Lol no confusing me. Hahahah

I just could not find the listing for the situation that she posted about so I thought maybe the date changed
Michelle 06:08 PM 01-12-2013
http://www.judgejudy.com/archives/2013-01-18

well this is the date that she gave us and I don't see her case listed.. so maybe it is on a different day?
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 01-13-2013
On my TV guide, Judge Judy airs two half hour shows one right after another and both shows state current dates so they are new shows but only one of them appear on the Judge Judy web-site. (??)

I am thinking (hoping) the one that isn't listed on the web-site but shows up on my TV guide is Kimberli's show. I have them both set to record so we'll see.
momofboys 08:38 AM 01-13-2013
My dvr is set to tape that day but the descriptions that day don't say anything about daycare? ????
mema 07:51 PM 01-13-2013
On my TV guide, Judge Judy airs two half hour shows one right after another and both shows state current dates so they are new shows but only one of them appear on the Judge Judy web-site. (??)

I am thinking (hoping) the one that isn't listed on the web-site but shows up on my TV guide is Kimberli's show. I have them both set to record so we'll see.
On the tv guide website, it has the 1st episode listed as new, but the 2nd one as a repeat and neither of them are daycare related for the 18th???? I don't have a dvr, so if it's this week I'll have to search for it online, but if it's next Monday then I can watch it!
Kimberli 06:06 AM 01-14-2013
Just went and grabbed my postcard to make sure I had read the date right, and it definitely says 1/18/13 - but you are right, none of the cases shown on the website this week are the one I was involved in. If I can gather any more information, I will let you guys know.

The card does say that they cannot guarantee that there will not be a schedule change, so maybe that's what happened. I will keep looking.
Luna 10:38 AM 01-14-2013
Do you have a case #? I'm trying to set it on my DVR and each episode says for example Episode 2965 case # 103045 and 103034 The police wrongly arrest...
Heidi 01:42 PM 01-16-2013
Bringing it back to the top while we hold our breath in suspense...

http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/judge-judy/
lovemykidstoo 01:44 PM 01-16-2013
is it tonight?
Kimberli 01:52 PM 01-16-2013
The postcard they sent me says that my Case Number is 4125 ... which, if you go by the MSN link posted above, already aired some time in 2010 and was about missing lingerie! LOL!!!! Nottttt quite!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhooooo ... maybe it will show up in next week's line up? It's a bummer because my family wants to see it too (I was there, so I could care less!) but they don't provide participants with recordings.

Whoever finds it first post it!
Play Care 01:56 PM 01-16-2013
The postcard they sent me says that my Case Number is 4125 ... which, if you go by the MSN link posted above, already aired some time in 2010 and was about missing lingerie! LOL!!!! Nottttt quite!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhooooo ... maybe it will show up in next week's line up? It's a bummer because my family wants to see it too (I was there, so I could care less!) but they don't provide participants with recordings.

Whoever finds it first post it
!
Soooooo, does that mean it went bad or well? We won't tell
Heidi 02:20 PM 01-16-2013

Whoever finds it first post it!
Maybe 4725??
Country Kids 02:30 PM 01-16-2013
Alert Alert!!!! There is one on today about a childs skin condition with parents and a daycare provider.

Is this yours!
Blackcat31 02:38 PM 01-16-2013
Alert Alert!!!! There is one on today about a childs skin condition with parents and a daycare provider.

Is this yours!
Her case was involving time outs as being inappropriate according to her state rules/regs and her licensing agency investingating her and then the parents ultimately suing her for return of all the child care fees paid.
Country Kids 02:47 PM 01-16-2013
Her case was involving time outs as being inappropriate according to her state rules/regs and her licensing agency investingating her and then the parents ultimately suing her for return of all the child care fees paid.
I'm still going to watch it because I think its will be interesting to see what goes on.
Blackcat31 02:49 PM 01-16-2013
I'm still going to watch it because I think its will be interesting to see what goes on.
I DVR Judge Judy every day. I her. Her show is my guilty pleasure when I have a day off and don't plan to leave the couch.
melilley 02:50 PM 01-16-2013
I just watched it. I won't give anything away though.
Country Kids 02:55 PM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
Oh man, I have another hour till its on! I know it will drag by-
frugalmama4 03:03 PM 01-16-2013
I missed it just went off in my area...was it Kim's case?
NeedaVaca 03:07 PM 01-16-2013
Did she get this off her record with licensing too? I also seem to remember a post that even after the case was over the DCM was slandering her. Updates??
Lyss 03:23 PM 01-16-2013
I was gonna watch too but on the JJ website it says allegations of child abuse (I'm assuming provider accused DCPs from the way the synopsis is written), so I don't think it's hers but I'm still probably gonna DVR it
Kaddidle Care 04:10 PM 01-16-2013
In CA they consider a "Time Out" Child abuse I guess. From what I remember of the story, that was an issue.
Kaddidle Care 04:13 PM 01-16-2013
Please tell us the title of the episode. I have Judge Judy free on demand so if I know which one it is I can see it.
lovemykidstoo 04:41 PM 01-16-2013
This wasn't kim's case, but it was interesting. We'll have to discuss it tomorrow so we dont' ruin for anyone that wants to see it. It was good though.
countrymom 05:30 PM 01-16-2013
I missed the outcome, it was really interesting case. So tommorrow we need to discuss, lets say nap time, bring your drinks.
Michelle 06:39 PM 01-16-2013
Oh my gosh! this was a really good one!
I Love Judge Judy but I won't ruin it for anyone...definitely watch this, there are a lot of California "untruths" in there too! grrrrrr
mema 07:16 PM 01-16-2013
Anyone know where to watch it online? I can't watch when it is on and I don't have a dvr. I tried you tube, but there are only old ones on there.
melilley 05:40 AM 01-17-2013
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Please tell us the title of the episode. I have Judge Judy free on demand so if I know which one it is I can see it.
It wasn't Kim's case. I'm not sure of the title, my husband is in love with Judge Judy and he had it on when I came into the room...lol
Lianne 06:48 AM 01-17-2013
The daycare case aired yesterday (in my area at least) was about a provider calling CAS on a family for suspected child abuse. The children have a condition called Mongolian Spots which look like bruises but the provider wasn't informed. The mom claimed she mentioned them on the phone but the judge didn't believe her. Anyways, the parents were suing the provider for filing false charges but they lost. Judge Judy said the provider did the right thing because the spots do look like serious bruises.
daycare 08:18 AM 01-17-2013
I saw this show yesterday.......

the only thing that I was confused about was why the judge lady said that it was wrong for the DCP to call and question the parent about the markings. she should not have called the parents, she should have just called CPS?????

OT:
My son also has some on his bum and side upper thigh.....common in asian children...
Blackcat31 08:24 AM 01-17-2013

the only thing that I was confused about was why the judge lady said that it was wrong for the DCP to call and question the parent about the markings. she should not have called the parents, she should have just called CPS?????
Because as a mandated reporter we are to call CPS immediately if we suspect abuse. We are not to discuss the issue with parents first.

If a situation is bad enough that we feel justified in calling CPS, we aren't suppose to give parents the opportunity to cover it up or make an excuse. It isn't our place to decide only report.

HTH
countrymom 08:32 AM 01-17-2013
see I would have asked mom first because we all know that kids have strange bumps and bruises all the time. I do think the provider did jump the gun a bit, where I think if she would have asked her face to face the provider would have gotten the answer.

also, I take it that there was no contract or a form you fill out on a child. I have a form that a parent fills out about their children so I have an idea if their child has an issue.
lovemykidstoo 08:34 AM 01-17-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
see I would have asked mom first because we all know that kids have strange bumps and bruises all the time. I do think the provider did jump the gun a bit, where I think if she would have asked her face to face the provider would have gotten the answer.

also, I take it that there was no contract or a form you fill out on a child. I have a form that a parent fills out about their children so I have an idea if their child has an issue.
She did have a form with a spot on it asking for any medical issues and the woman left it blank.

I can see the point where if you really think there is abuse to call DHS immediately without calling the parent first. If it is really bad abuse, the parents could come quickly and pick up the child and hurt the child further or go on the run and hide.
Crystal 08:35 AM 01-17-2013
wow....I am surprised on that one. Mongolian spots do not look like bruises, to me at least. I have seen many children with them over the years,and even the first time I saw it I did not think it looked like bruising. Kind of ridiculous for a provdier to call CPS about that without talking to the parent about it, and I would be pissed as the parent too. Sucks for the parents that they had to go through that.

NOW..............where is Kim's case????????????????
Crystal 08:37 AM 01-17-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
She did have a form with a spot on it asking for any medical issues and the woman left it blank.

I can see the point where if you really think there is abuse to call DHS immediately without calling the parent first. If it is really bad abuse, the parents could come quickly and pick up the child and hurt the child further or go on the run and hide.
I would have left it blank too. Mongolian spots are not a medical issue and the parent probably didn't think twice about it because it is just a part of who her child is.

Bruising is always a reason to talk to the parent first. Bruises happen all the time, so it is really unfair to call CPS about a bruise without asking what might have caused it.
MarinaVanessa 08:40 AM 01-17-2013

OT:
My son also has some on his bum and side upper thigh.....common in asian children...
Yes, like BC said as mandated reporters we should not question the parent ever. Simply call CPS to make a report and let them handle it. Judge Judy mentioned a good reason why they do not do this ... so that the parents don't immediately go to the daycare and pick their child up. In many cases when a child is being abused and the parent gets a whiff that the provider knows they'll take the child and send him/her "on vacation" or they sometimes even move. You should never give your clients the heads up.

As far as the mongolian spots thing ... I never thought it was even considered a "condition". It's not uncommon in hispanic children either and not something that children "suffer" from. It's simply a darkened spot on the rear or lower back of a child. I had it as a child (I'm hispanic), my sister had it, both of my kids had it and I can pretty much guarantee that my new baby will have it too. It really does look like a bruise. It just happens in children of certain races. It's funny that I never knew it even had a name lol.
daycare 08:40 AM 01-17-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
wow....I am surprised on that one. Mongolian spots do not look like bruises, to me at least. I have seen many children with them over the years,and even the first time I saw it I did not think it looked like bruising. Kind of ridiculous for a provdier to call CPS about that without talking to the parent about it, and I would be pissed as the parent too. Sucks for the parents that they had to go through that.

NOW..............where is Kim's case????????????????
my son has them and they look like brusises. I have also has other kids with them as well and they too look like bruises.

I think the thing that shocked me the most was that the DCprovider told the judge that in Monterrey city you don't have to have a license for daycare if you have less than 8 children. she also never showed her facility license, only the application with her "facility number" In CA if you have to have a license to care for more than one child not related to you. I wonder if this dc provider got into trouble after the airing of the show.

I disagree.... I would also give the parents the opportunity to explain and I would have asked face to face....Of course I would still have taken pics of them for my files and if the parents story did not add up, then I would have called..

In my eyes, this all could have been avoided if there was better communication on BOTH the provider and the parents ends...
MarinaVanessa 08:53 AM 01-17-2013
I think the thing that shocked me the most was that the DCprovider told the judge that in Monterrey city you don't have to have a license for daycare if you have less than 8 children. she also never showed her facility license, only the application with her "facility number" In CA if you have to have a license to care for more than one child not related to you. I wonder if this dc provider got into trouble after the airing of the show.
Yeah I didn't like the part where she says that she was licensed and showed her application with the facility number. I'm in CA and what happens is that once you send in your application they give you a facility number to put in your paperwork but that does not mean that you have a license. It's just your facility number, that number will remain your facility number once you get your official license. I think that's BS that she claims that it was her license.

More than likely what happened was that she was in the process of receiving her license and before she had her inspection she began advertising. Actually in CA you can care for as many children related to you as you want and not need a license just as you can care for as many children from one family not related to you and still not need a license. A license-exempt provider can care for one child of one family unrelated to them or all 8 children of one family unrelated to them. It's when you mix two families together that you then need to obtain a license for child care.

I still think she told the family that she had a license when she in fact didn't but who knows. I know that after getting my facility number in CA I advertised for a client but I clearly stated that I was in the process of becoming licensed. I had my first client before I got my license and about a week later I had my inspection and once I passed my analist printed out my license right then and there. At that point that very same day I was then able to advertise for more clients. The provider on the show probably told her client that she already had her license. I wonder what happened with the licensing case? If the provider had more than one family in her daycare before getting her license she would have been cited.
daycare 09:10 AM 01-17-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Yeah I didn't like the part where she says that she was licensed and showed her application with the facility number. I'm in CA and what happens is that once you send in your application they give you a facility number to put in your paperwork but that does not mean that you have a license. It's just your facility number, that number will remain your facility number once you get your official license. I think that's BS that she claims that it was her license.

More than likely what happened was that she was in the process of receiving her license and before she had her inspection she began advertising. Actually in CA you can care for as many children related to you as you want and not need a license just as you can care for as many children from one family not related to you and still not need a license. A license-exempt provider can care for one child of one family unrelated to them or all 8 children of one family unrelated to them. It's when you mix two families together that you then need to obtain a license for child care.

I still think she told the family that she had a license when she in fact didn't but who knows. I know that after getting my facility number in CA I advertised for a client but I clearly stated that I was in the process of becoming licensed. I had my first client before I got my license and about a week later I had my inspection and once I passed my analist printed out my license right then and there. At that point that very same day I was then able to advertise for more clients. The provider on the show probably told her client that she already had her license. I wonder what happened with the licensing case? If the provider had more than one family in her daycare before getting her license she would have been cited.
i am thinking that you are right about she was in the process and was not yet licensed.
by the time the time they went to court, she would of had her license to show the judge, but I am thinking that she didn't bring the license (if she did have one) because it will show on it when your license became effective....

Oh and very good point about caring for several children from the same family...
melilley 09:44 AM 01-17-2013
Yes, like BC said as mandated reporters we should not question the parent ever. Simply call CPS to make a report and let them handle it. Judge Judy mentioned a good reason why they do not do this ... so that the parents don't immediately go to the daycare and pick their child up. In many cases when a child is being abused and the parent gets a whiff that the provider knows they'll take the child and send him/her "on vacation" or they sometimes even move. You should never give your clients the heads up.

As far as the mongolian spots thing ... I never thought it was even considered a "condition". It's not uncommon in hispanic children either and not something that children "suffer" from. It's simply a darkened spot on the rear or lower back of a child. I had it as a child (I'm hispanic), my sister had it, both of my kids had it and I can pretty much guarantee that my new baby will have it too. It really does look like a bruise. It just happens in children of certain races. It's funny that I never knew it even had a name lol.
I only knew that there was a name because a center that I worked at was really culturally diverse and we did a training on child abuse and being a mandated reporter and how many caregivers do not know that some children of certain ethnicity's are born with mongolian spots. I guess people confusing the spots with bruises from being abused is more common than you would think. But I guess if you do not know about it then it could easily be confused. I don't know why it's considered a condition, in that case, a birth mark should be a condition!
MarinaVanessa 09:48 AM 01-17-2013
i am thinking that you are right about she was in the process and was not yet licensed.
by the time the time they went to court, she would of had her license to show the judge, but I am thinking that she didn't bring the license (if she did have one) because it will show on it when your license became effective....
Yes that's right, the effective date is on the license and that date is the date that we pass the inspection and the date that your license is issued and effective. She didn't show her actual license, she showed her application with the facility number on it. I was yelling at my TV screen "That's not her license!!!" my husband thinks i'm nuts. I'm glad I recorded it and watched it after DC hours .

I am recording judge judy every day until Kim's case airs. I don't want to miss it lol.
kitkat 10:45 AM 01-17-2013
I only knew that there was a name because a center that I worked at was really culturally diverse and we did a training on child abuse and being a mandated reporter and how many caregivers do not know that some children of certain ethnicity's are born with mongolian spots. I guess people confusing the spots with bruises from being abused is more common than you would think. But I guess if you do not know about it then it could easily be confused. I don't know why it's considered a condition, in that case, a birth mark should be a condition!
When DS was an infant and in a daycare center, I made sure to clearly mark on his medical form that he has a Mongolian Spot, the location of it, and that the dr is aware of it (I think I marked it on the dr's paperwork also). I did this b/c I was afraid that someone who wasn't familiar with it would think it was a bruise and report it. I'm so glad that to hear that there was some form of information given at your former center to the staff
sharlan 10:56 AM 01-17-2013
Mongolian birthmarks do look like bruising to people who are unaware of them.

My grandkids are blonde hair, blue eyed and two of them have Mongolian birthmarks. Both are on their upper thighs. Their great-grandmother on their dad's side is Korean. My African baby, Mom is from Kenya, barely has one. If you didn't look for it, you wouldn't notice it.

I haven't watched the show yet, but have it recorded.
Country Kids 01:47 PM 01-17-2013
Remember that Judge Judy even said she hadn't heard of Mongolian Spots and had to do some research on them. So to the lay person they would look like bruising and if there were enough it would look like abuse.

I'm surprised in Judge Judy's 500 years of being a judge--she had never heard of them. I personally had never heard of them nor had my husband who has a very hispanic family.
lovemykidstoo 02:11 PM 01-17-2013
I actually have heard of them from along time ago I knew someone from school that their daughter had them.
sharlan 02:24 PM 01-17-2013
Remember that Judge Judy even said she hadn't heard of Mongolian Spots and had to do some research on them. So to the lay person they would look like bruising and if there were enough it would look like abuse.

I'm surprised in Judge Judy's 500 years of being a judge--she had never heard of them. I personally had never heard of them nor had my husband who has a very hispanic family.
I've never had any of my Hispanic families have them, mostly of Asian or Middle Eastern.

I learned of them as a teen. We had a white/Japanese family across the street and the little boy had a really large Mongolian birthmark and I asked his mom what it was.

I cared for a black family who's kids had very faint ones. The mom didn't even know what they were.
Binkybobo 03:47 PM 01-17-2013
Both of my daughters have them(Mongolian spots). I've never heard the correct term for the spots until now. When they were infants both of their doctors told me that they were just spots common in interracial children(Back and white). With my youngest daughter her daycare teacher seemed very concerned about them when she was a baby. She pointed out one day that my baby had bruises. I told her what the doctor had said. She gave me a "What the...?" look like I was not telling the truth. I never thought she would call CPS, I just figured she would get over it when she found that the "bruise" was still on her butt months later.

Back to the original subject. I don't know a lot of people on here, but I am excited about the show!
SilverSabre25 06:11 PM 01-17-2013
Heck my DD has/had a mongolian spot and DH and I are both white as white!! I never gave it much thought because I knew about them (I'm weird, I know these things, lol) and recently mentioned it to a the dcm I have now with mixed-race children. She told me that any non-caucasion decendants can have them, and DH has Native American just a few (four?) generations back so I figure that's where it came from, out of the nether regions of the genetics. She's got darker skin like DH (she looks nicely tan even in winter and they both tan sooooo dark in summer) and DS, who has pale skin like me, does not have them.

Genetics are complicated. I love genetics. Fascinating stuff.
Michelle 09:23 PM 01-17-2013
I just can't believe how JJ was yelling at the parent.
poor dad didn't get a chance to talk at all and
mom didn't get a chance to say much.
also I wonder how long the older kid sat in wet clothes...
And I didn't like how she kept saying how the provider only took one day of training! grrrr
We took 2 eight hour cpr/ first aid classes and child development classes too.
Child development was voluntary but she made us Ca. providers look lame.

anyway... JJ was right about CPS and was wrong about the intentions of the parent for calling licensing.
She did it for revenge.. not because of wet underwear.
sharlan 05:33 AM 01-18-2013
Provider also lied when she said she didn't have to be licensed.
Michelle 05:36 AM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Provider also lied when she said she didn't have to be licensed.
yea that too..
I was yelling at the T.V. like Marina Vanessa!

sharlan 05:37 AM 01-18-2013
JJ needs to check HER facts.
Oneluckymom 10:49 AM 01-18-2013
just checked judge judy on my tv, its not on today....no mention of daycare topic?
Former Teacher 11:14 AM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
A silly question:

What channel is your JJ on Demand? I LOVE LOVE JJ and I dvr her everyday. I would love to watch any episode that I can!
MarinaVanessa 01:52 PM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
yea that too..
I was yelling at the T.V. like Marina Vanessa!
Yeah she for sure made CA providers look like nincompoops .

And we have some of the toughest regulations in the nation grr.

I almost want to investigate her name and call licensing to say WTH?!?! And send them a link to the Judge Judy video.
littlemissmuffet 02:30 PM 01-18-2013
Yeah she for sure made CA providers look like nincompoops .

And we have some of the toughest regulations in the nation grr.

I almost want to investigate her name and call licensing to say WTH?!?! And send them a link to the Judge Judy video.
I would!
sharlan 05:06 PM 01-18-2013
I haven't watched today's episode yet, was Kimberli's on it?
Hazel 06:49 AM 01-19-2013
I encountered those bruise like spots at my first dc job. It was an African American infant and I SWEAR it was on her bum in the shape of a hand! The lead teacher was an older seasoned provider for infants and informed me of what it was so I just accepted it. I didn't encounter it again until this past fall when I had an Asian baby come for care. Glad I knew what it was bc I would have been a wreck about having to call DHS on them!
Heidi 07:14 AM 01-19-2013
I felt bad for the parent, because I don't think JJ, with her brusque attitude, really taught her anything. She just berated her and did a poor job of explaining. It seemed like the woman (and certainly her husband) where not native english speakers, and did not understand the CPS system.

As for the provider, she looked kind of shocked that she won...lol. She didn't say much. I can see why she would be concerned enought to call CPS, from her perspective.

DCKs first day. Mom had a very direct communication style that some might see as harsh. Then, dck has what she thinks are bruises. The kids cried alot, then the 3yo wet his pants, and mom probably had a fit about it (was there no clean clothes there for him? Was he really wet, or was it a dribble you can't see?). I wonder when the call was made, after the kids didn't show up the next day? I can't imagine that mom brought them back for day 2 if the provider was such a screw-up in her mind.

I think some Mongolian spots look more like bruises than others. One of my dcb's has one, and it looks like an old bruise, kind of a brown color. I think sometimes, they can be redish.
lovemykidstoo 04:13 PM 01-19-2013
Was Kim's on yet?
LaLa1923 07:53 PM 01-19-2013
I think everything jj said was spot on. The parents were in the wrong for not properly filling out paperwork and providing the documentation for the condition in the first place. The mom clearly didn't get the point and everything jj was saying. The issue wasn't about the providers license at all. Jj doesn't waste her time on something that isn't part of the complaint. Shame on the parents for trying to sue someone who was looking out for their child!! It's not the providers job to educate the parents on CPS or to try and get them to understand anything. They should've done their homework prior to enrolling their children........no excuses
MarinaVanessa 09:45 PM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I think everything jj said was spot on. The parents were in the wrong for not properly filling out paperwork and providing the documentation for the condition in the first place. The mom clearly didn't get the point and everything jj was saying. The issue wasn't about the providers license at all. Jj doesn't waste her time on something that isn't part of the complaint. Shame on the parents for trying to sue someone who was looking out for their child!! It's not the providers job to educate the parents on CPS or to try and get them to understand anything. They should've done their homework prior to enrolling their children........no excuses
Yep, very true. That's why JJ didn't go into it much ... but it still made me mad (but I still agreed with JJ's verdict)
Michelle 07:11 AM 01-22-2013
I didn't see Kimberli's case listed this week either.

Lilbutterflie 12:49 PM 01-23-2013
Kimberli- did you find out if your episode already aired or WILL air & when? What is going on?
Springdaze 07:04 AM 01-24-2013
Ive been recording it the last few weeks and last night I caught my DH watching all of them! LOL she's got a new fan!
Tags:judge judy, mongolian spots
1 2 
Reply Up