Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The One With the Unruly Child
AllDeezBabies 07:17 AM 11-07-2012
First off... How do I go about changing my forum name? I have a lot of venting to do..

I told you guys about the family where one child was an angel and the other was the spawn of satan, right?

Well I termed the family. They went through the state subsidy program and wasn't approved as of yet. I started care for this family 9/24 up until Halloween (I kept them because I promised the girls we'd go trick or treating because they had never been before. I didn't want that broken promise on my conscience. I termed that evening, though.)

The day after, I called the program to check on the status of the application because they needed tons of information from the parent that slowed down the approval process. Low and behold I find out this lady sent in a change of provider form saying I only provided care for her children from 9/24 to 10/1. Yes OCTOBER 1st!!!.

I just faxed over to the program sign in sheets (where I have her SIGNATURE of her signing her children in and out from start of care to the day of me terming her), receipt stubs from transporting her children from school to my home, Food Program enrollment forms that were signed on 10/15 and I submitted her most recent paystubs that SHE gave me.

I mean if you're going to be a thief, don't be a dumb thief...
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 11-07-2012
PM me what you want your new forum name to be and I will change it.

While it does sound a bit fishy....could it be possible that she (DCM) wrote 10 (October) rather than 11 (November) by mistake?

If not, good for you that you have so much other documentation to back up the fact that you did in fact watch the children during October.

Will you still be paid by the state?
Fruitloops1 07:33 AM 11-07-2012

seriously!! People these days. I feel for ya. ((hugs)) sent your way. Good thing you had all those things to prove that they were indeed there.
mom2many 07:39 AM 11-07-2012
That is horrible! I don't ever trust anyone on the subsidy programs after I got burned once.

I had been watching a dcg occasionally as a drop in for five months and then turned in attendance at the end of the month only to be told, "sorry she was termed from the program last month"...No notification or anything!

The current program I am working with is really good about communicating whether a family is still in good standing, but I always call at the beginning of the month and get a verbal okay from their case worker as an extra precaution.
AllDeezBabies 07:40 AM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
PM me what you want your new forum name to be and I will change it.

While it does sound a bit fishy....could it be possible that she (DCM) wrote 10 (October) rather than 11 (November) by mistake?

If not, good for you that you have so much other documentation to back up the fact that you did in fact watch the children during October.

Will you still be paid by the state?
I surely will. Thanks Blackcat

I termed 10/31. The rep told me she sent the change of provider form 10/23 saying the children's last day of care was 10/1. The supervisor told me that when I send in the documentation she'll have it noted that the new provider gets paid starting 11/1 and not 10/1. So I can still get paid for my time.
mom2many 07:42 AM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by JayChanel:

I termed 10/31. The rep told me she sent the change of provider form 10/23 saying the children's last day of care was 10/1. The supervisor told me that when I send in the documentation she'll have it noted that the new provider gets paid starting 11/1 and not 10/1. So I can still get paid for my time.
That's great that you will still get paid!!
Blackcat31 07:45 AM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by AllDeezBabies:

I changed your forum name for you and all posts will reflect your new name but as you can see above in mom2many's post, if anyone quoted you before your name was changed, it will still show your old name.
AllDeezBabies 07:45 AM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by mom2many:
That is horrible! I don't ever trust anyone on the subsidy programs after I got burned once.

I had been watching a dcg occasionally as a drop in for five months and then turned in attendance at the end of the month only to be told, "sorry she was termed from the program last month"...No notification or anything!

The current program I am working with is really good about communicating whether a family is still in good standing, but I always call at the beginning of the month and get a verbal okay from their case worker as an extra precaution.
In Illinois, if the child is termed the parent and provider receives notification. Some states focus on it being a parent-assistance based program so much, they forget about the long, hard hours the providers toil to care for these children. At least notify that they will no longer be paying us. Geez. I'm sorry to hear that dear..
AllDeezBabies 07:46 AM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I changed your forum name for you and all posts will reflect your new name but as you can see above in mom2many's post, if anyone quoted you before your name was changed, it will still show your old name.
Yes I see and completely understand. HAHA LOVES IT
countrymom 10:35 AM 11-07-2012
wow, thats crazy. Some people just don't think
Meeko 11:52 AM 11-07-2012
I wouldn't do state assistance in another state!! Waaaay to risky.

Utah pays us in advance. I don't tend the kids until the money is on their card and I have transferred it to my bank account.
AllDeezBabies 03:22 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I wouldn't do state assistance in another state!! Waaaay to risky.

Utah pays us in advance. I don't tend the kids until the money is on their card and I have transferred it to my bank account.
I was really thinking this but majority of the clientele in this area needs assistance. I only have one cash paying parent and that's because she works at my child's school; I've known her a while.

So with this card, is it in the parent's possession?
Reply Up