Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Crash....
Countrygal 01:38 PM 11-26-2012
OK, I'm stumped.

I have been looking for good ideas for Christmas curriculum that is mainly Christian but maybe brings in some of the secular themes. I'm thinking something along the lines of Jesus is the Reason for the season type stuff. I can't find anything. I've been searching for days. I don't usually have this much problem finding things for my curriculum!!! (OK, smilies still not working)

Does anyone have anything neat they've come across? I'd sure be grateful if you would share!
Blackcat31 02:41 PM 11-26-2012
Here is a link to a good site with some ideas

http://perpetualpreschool.com/christ...urriculum.html

Here are a couple others I found:
http://preschoolpost.com/
http://www.christianpreschoolprintab...Christmas.html

HTH
Countrygal 03:09 PM 11-26-2012
Thanks BC. I got a couple of ideas from those sites. I think maybe I'm just in a funk. Nothing looks very interesting to me. This should be the easiest, funnest time of the year!!!!
jenn 04:03 PM 11-26-2012
Truth in the tinsel is what I'm using this year. It's simple and to the point. Basically there is a verse or little devotion type thing and then you make an ornament. My older ones will make an ornament and the younger ones will color the printable ornaments.
heyhun77 07:10 PM 11-26-2012
I'm in a church program. We are setting up the dramatic play area to act out the Christmas story including animals in the manger. Some of our projects this December include:

cut and paste nativity scene
pine cone Christmas trees (paint green then put qlitter glue on as lights)
lace printed angel painting (paint lace doily/paper doily cut to angle shape then
flip onto paper)
straw pieces or noodle laced candy canes (AB patterning with red and white)
star stamping with glitter paint
tissue paper poinsettias
pine branch painting at the easel
Christmas smell bottles sensory activity (goes with The Sweet Smell of
Christmas book)
paper plate shakers with streamers (goes with The Little Drummer boy book)
Sugar Cube Stacking activity (goes with veggietales book Yuletide Ice Cube fair)
Candy cane marble painting (red paper with white paint on the marbles)
Egg carton bells (paint the cup of the egg carton, string a bell on a pipe cleaner)

Our sensory table fillers will be:
babies/soap/water/washlothes/towels
pine branches/pinecones/cranberries/magnifying glasses/tongs
wrapping paper/scissors

Some additional activities in the room:
wrapped unit blocks and cardboard boxes in the building area
felt christmas tree on the wall with craft foam ornaments w/velcro on them
our afternoon christmas books will be wrapped and the pm helper will open the book during pm storytime
adding a christmas story match game in the table top activities center
we are making a christmas scene on one of the walls throughout the month adding elements each day as we review the christmas story.

One thing I did every year in my home daycare is to set up Santa's workshop with a toolbench, tools, wrapped boxes, santa and elf hats
Reply Up