Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holidays question
cara041083 01:20 PM 04-10-2015
If a holiday falls on a Sat or Sun, does anyone have in their contract that they will observe it on the Fri before or the Mon after? I am trying to decide if I want to change mine while updating my contract. Thanks
NoMoreJuice! 01:33 PM 04-10-2015
I do! Nobody has ever fussed about it.
Second Home 01:34 PM 04-10-2015
Yes , I do .

The following are closed paid holidays when they fall on or are celebrated on your child‘s scheduled day of care.

mim 01:51 PM 04-10-2015
I do. Mine says "if it falls on sat. I will close Friday. If it falls on sun I will close on mon. With the exception of Christmas day and New Years day. I will always close Monday if it is on the weekend." That way I already close early Xmas eve and new yrs eve anyway. So I get my extra full day.
I also don't let part time schedule around holidays. I make it fair for everyone. If they are part time, the paid holiday counts as one of their scheduled days and then they can attend the remaining amount of scheduled days. If it makes sense. Ex: So if dcb is scheduled on t,w,f. And memorial day is on Monday, I say Memorial Day counts as one day and dcb can attend 2 other days that week.
HTH.
Unregistered 02:05 PM 04-10-2015
I do! I don't take many personal days so I need those holidays days off!
Meeko 03:12 PM 04-10-2015
I always take the Friday or Monday if a holiday falls over the weekend.
Josiegirl 04:09 PM 04-10-2015
I have it written in my policies that if a holiday falls on a weekend, I can take either the Friday before or Monday after, at my discretion. And I always give lots of notice. For instance July 4th is Saturday this year so I took the Friday off. Yay, 3 day weekends!
Reply Up