Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Use?
MissLisa08 11:26 PM 01-08-2020
I have seen that more and more providers are now using apps to sign kids in and out of care, as well as track sleep times, what they ate etc. Example of an app would be brightwheel. So what do you use? Do any of you use an app? Or do you stick with printouts for them to sign in and out. I'm considering trying the tech approach. But would like some feedback first. If you use an app which one and does it simplify the business? Thanking you all in advance.
Michael 12:25 AM 01-09-2020
We have a couple that we endorse here: https://wow.himama.com/daycare_com/

https://www.kidkare.com/kidkare-food...m-for-centers/
CountryRoads 06:34 AM 01-09-2020
I use Brightwheel and I love it.

I never have parents ask when their child last ate, woke up from nap, was changed, etc. because it is all in the app. I send out closure reminders, newsletters, menus and anything else that is daycare related through it.

I especially love the billing feature. It automatically sends reminders, so no excuses when payment isn't made on time.

The parents also really like it. I send pictures daily and they can see what we do at daycare
Msdunny 07:28 AM 01-09-2020
I started using KidKare this year, and so far really like it. I do the check ins and check outs, but I love that I can track everything from one spot.
Cat Herder 07:57 AM 01-09-2020
I am required to keep hard copies with signatures for a minimum of 2 years. The inspector looks at them every three months. I have parents sign in and out on paper, then log it in to Kidkare myself.
CenterTeacher20 08:24 AM 01-09-2020
We are a smaller group center (30 kids max) and we use Sandbox Software and it has been awesome
dolores 09:00 AM 01-09-2020
kidkare looks like the most affordable for a small in-home daycare but does it have daily reports?
Cat Herder 09:50 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
kidkare looks like the most affordable for a small in-home daycare but does it have daily reports?
Not anymore. I used to love this program, now it is just functional for accounting. $8 a month for accounting/enrollment only is pretty awesome, though. I miss the old format with the nice printouts. Now everything is blah. I loved MMK Pro. I buy the daily sheet pads from funshine for infants, now. They have them for other ages, too. Great price. https://www.funshineexpress.com/parent-notes.html
dolores 11:27 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Not anymore. I used to love this program, now it is just functional for accounting. $8 a month for accounting/enrollment only is pretty awesome, though. I miss the old format with the nice printouts. Now everything is blah. I loved MMK Pro. I buy the daily sheet pads from funshine for infants, now. They have them for other ages, too. Great price. https://www.funshineexpress.com/parent-notes.html
Pads are cute and eyecatching CH! My parents prefer electronic communication- emails, texts...anything they can look at on their mobile. Papers get lost or not looked at. Currently we take a snapshot of the paper daily reports and text to them. An inexpensive, electronic daily report system that is user friendly would be helpful. Too bad KidKare does not offer that...
MissLisa08 02:37 PM 01-09-2020
I'll definitely be looking into different apps, especially ones that were mentioned on here. One last question to go along with my others..do you buy a special device to use strictly for this? So example a tablet just for daycare use or do you just use off your phone? It seems like it would be better to have a tablet set up so parents can sign in and out easy.
CountryRoads 06:48 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by MissLisa08:
I'll definitely be looking into different apps, especially ones that were mentioned on here. One last question to go along with my others..do you buy a special device to use strictly for this? So example a tablet just for daycare use or do you just use off your phone? It seems like it would be better to have a tablet set up so parents can sign in and out easy.
I just use my phone right now, but I would recommend getting a separate device. I had a dcm who would sometimes let dcb2 push in their code and my phone almost got dropped a couple times I also occasionally get a call or a text while someone is checking in or out which isn't a big deal except my texts show up on the screen. Don't really want anyone seeing my messages!
MissLisa08 09:50 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I just use my phone right now, but I would recommend getting a separate device. I had a dcm who would sometimes let dcb2 push in their code and my phone almost got dropped a couple times I also occasionally get a call or a text while someone is checking in or out which isn't a big deal except my texts show up on the screen. Don't really want anyone seeing my messages!
I agree I will probably start off with my phone and eventually buy a separate device for that purpose only. Thank you
CeriBear 05:44 AM 01-15-2020
We use Hi Mama and I love it. It’s much easier to do things electronically rather than having a clipboard with a bunch of papers. It’s easy to sign kids in and out, take pictures and videos to send to parents, and to just click on a child’s name to get health and allergy info as well as the names of who is allowed to pick child up. We have a class iPad and use this device only. We are not allowed to use our phones because of the personal information on each child.
Tags:apps, bloomz, brightwheel, class dojo, kangarootime, kaymbu, storypark, tadpoles
Reply Up