Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Preschool Supplies
MommyMuffin 06:34 AM 02-02-2011
Looking for either a website or a store that has some good supplies for preschool ages. Stamps, flashcards, puzzles...anything else that would be a good addition to my craft and learning time. It is hard for me to find "games" for 2 - 3.5 yos. Thanks
dEHmom 06:38 AM 02-02-2011
sorry for hijacking, I saw this and I REALLLLLY want it, except it's like 600 dollars! It is a revolving coat locker! has 5 lockers, can hold up to 10 kids things.
Attached: revolving coat locker.jpg (49.8 KB) 
Lilbutterflie 06:44 AM 02-02-2011
I haven't met a website yet that has all that I want; so I'm interested to hear some of the responses!

As far as learning activities for 2-3.5 yr olds... I bought some BrainQuest flashcards a while back; and all of my kids 2 and up love them! I have three sets for different ages; and it really helps them learn new words and expand their vocabulary. And it's really fun for them. Regular flashcards for shapes, numbers and letters are a big hit with them, too.
I've also found the only "game" I can really get them interested in is memory matching. I need some help with that, too!
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 02-02-2011
I use this site to print off flash cards and make-it-yourself puzzles. I like the ideas and lessons plans as well.
http://www.theteacherscorner.net/pri...able-calendar/

I also shop Oriental Trading for craft supplies in bulk and CHEAP!
http://www.orientaltrading.com/

Try this one too...
http://www.mes-english.com/
Lilbutterflie 06:46 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
sorry for hijacking, I saw this and I REALLLLLY want it, except it's like 600 dollars! It is a revolving coat locker! has 5 lockers, can hold up to 10 kids things.
I don't remember which member it was... forgive me... but someone mentioned a while back her husband builds all of her daycare furniture and told us that "If you can dream it, he can build it! And for a fraction of the retail cost" Maybe this member can chime in??
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I don't remember which member it was... forgive me... but someone mentioned a while back her husband builds all of her daycare furniture and told us that "If you can dream it, he can build it! And for a fraction of the retail cost" Maybe this member can chime in??
That would be me.....PM me if you have questions..I have been bugging DH to make a web-site for his stuff but he says he builds furniture/cabinets etc not web-sites LOL!! Maybe I will try to make one for him. The only word of caution he has is the shipping costs..... Most of his things have been from locals and in-state people so shipping isn't something he has ever done..but where there is a will there is a way...
dEHmom 06:55 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That would be me.....PM me if you have questions..I have been bugging DH to make a web-site for his stuff but he says he builds furniture/cabinets etc not web-sites LOL!! Maybe I will try to make one for him. The only word of caution he has is the shipping costs..... Most of his things have been from locals and in-state people so shipping isn't something he has ever done..but where there is a will there is a way...
I told hubby to build me one. He laughed at me. I said fine, if he buys me the stuff I will build my own! It can't be that hard! lol, except maybe the revolving part of it, but that seems simple too.

Tell you're hubby to make a website with the blueprints for dummies.
lil angels 08:27 AM 02-02-2011
I like oriental trading and discount school supply co. They are both online.
Tags:preschool, supplies
Reply Up