Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinion
Springvalley 01:29 PM 02-03-2021
I am a teachers assistant at a daycare as a volunteer, I haven't worked since March of last year because of covid And Before covid I worked 40 hours a week five days a week. I have this one co worker who instead of asking me to do something, I'm getting told to do something and not just by her but some of the younger ladies there as well have gotten into the habit of doing the exact same thing. An example would be I do all of the snacks (morning & evening) for ages 2-5 and whoever has the after school children is suppose to do theirs when they get off the bus because depending on how many get off we usually ask who wants snack and the number that asks, they get snack and the ones that don't want it, it gets put back as extra. So, instead of the school age teacher doing it, it falls onto me to do it plus get the sippies washed, counters wiped down etc. Another example is that when nap is over, I'm expected to do everything, make snack, pick up cots etc. I'm never asked are you busy, can you help etc. I'm TOLD. do any of you find this rude or is it just me???
Cat Herder 02:09 PM 02-03-2021
You are a volunteer, say NO.

That should be a reality check for them.
Unregistered 09:14 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
You are a volunteer, say NO.

That should be a reality check for them.
I second this!!

Btw, are these younger ladies standing around gossiping while they are ordering you to do all the work?
Unregistered 09:49 AM 02-04-2021
Pretty much
Springvalley 09:58 AM 02-04-2021
The administrator tells the younger ladies to tell me what to do, they don't ask. While the kids are down for nap, I'm up doing stuff and they're sitting on their tails doing nothing but watching shows on their phones with their headphones in and then decide at 1:55 to get all of the kids up and I'm not even finished making snack for them because I've had to take snack over to the other building and stay in a classroom for the teacher to step out to do something and then they're pissed over it
Cat Herder 10:04 AM 02-04-2021
Why are you doing this when you could be working the same hours saving for your retirement?
Springvalley 10:07 AM 02-04-2021
When I go back I'm not working 40 hours a week more like 3 days a week. Me being off this whole year I hope has made them realize how much I do!
Tags:drop the rope, volunteer
Reply Up