Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Families Intro Letter?
themoorethemerrier 08:21 AM 12-03-2011
I know that we'll have an interview, but do you put out (whether by email, website, personally) an intro letter to give families a feel of what your day care is like?

I want to tread carefully because we are faith-centered, farm-based, eco-friendly and child-led homeschooling. Though I plan to talk about these things in the interview, sometimes parents (I'm included in here!) don't catch everything.

We constantly use verses to learn how to behave ("Be kind to one another" that sort of thing) and we have a garden-to-plate study, so these children will most certainly get absolutely delightfully filthy. These, among others, are things that I can see coming up as surprises, you know?
Michael 05:38 PM 12-03-2011
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32997
heyhun77 04:56 AM 12-05-2011
Usually by the end of the interview prospective families should have a good handle on those details about your childcare. That said, I do a welcome letter that is mailed to the child (when time allows) or hand delivered to their house. The letter is to the child but since they usually can't read it's really to the parents. I welcome the child, tell them I'm so glad they will be joining us, give a few details of what we will be learning about when they start, remind them of the things they need to bring for their first day (nap stuff, extra clothes for their supply box, ect) and anything else they may want to know. I decided long ago that even if the child seemed to enjoy their time here during the interview the decision wasn't really made by them to attend to the letter addressed to them was a small way to involve them in the process.
Tags:interview, introduction, new family
Reply Up