Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whew! Glad That's Over With!!!
wdmmom 02:52 PM 06-26-2013
If any of you have been keeping up, I gave notice on a problem family last night.

It's been a long time coming but with going back to school, I just don't want to accommodate their crazy schedule anymore.

I gave 7 weeks notice for them to find another provider.

She said some things that really didn't sit well with me. For example: I told her I was going back to school and she said, "I didn't even realize that was an option for you." I don't know about you but I think it's an OPTION for EVERYONE!

And she said, "Well, I wish you would have told me sooner!" I didn't even get my acceptance letter until Monday and I gave notice on Tuesday. I didn't want to give notice if things didn't pan out as I had hoped and I explained that to her.

Today is the first day after I gave notice. Dcd dropped off and it was just another day. Nothing weird there.

Dcm picks up today in shorts and a tank top and picks up 15 minutes early exclaiming she got off early and had errands to run before picking up. My guess is she already had an interview but I could be wrong. Either way, I don't provide daycare for errands and it's in my contract.

Has anyone provided notice and had rule breakers until they left?

They are due for payment tomorrow and they pay 4 weeks at a time. I also have a 2 week deposit on file. I did mention to dcm that if they found another provider and wanted to leave before the date I gave them that I don't offer refunds and I suggested they only pay 2 weeks now but she said, "No, we'll stay until the end."

Have you ever had a family pay and demand a large refund. I have it documented in 3 separate areas that I don't offer refunds. I just want to cover myself now in the event this comes up later.
Blackcat31 03:06 PM 06-26-2013
I can't believe she (DCM) made that comment.

I hope for your sake, she does leave earlier than the deadline date. It would be so much nicer for you to just not have to deal with any possible drama she may bring.

As for any refund, I would let her know that you don't issue refunds and that she has xx amount for a deposit so she needs to plan AND pay accordingly.
littlemissmuffet 02:55 PM 06-27-2013
When I give termination letters I explain and BOLD that policies are still to be followed or the family risks immediate term with no refunds.

I have termed early and not refunded.

Do you need the income? If not, I'd just let them use their 2 week deposit and then term and refund anything else owing. If they break any more policies in the meantime, term and refund nothing.
Reply Up