Default Style Register Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Text Messages
Kelly 06:45 AM 08-15-2013
I don't have a landline, just my cell phone. Since I don't text much, it costs less for me to pay the cell company 20 cents per text instead of a flat amount each month for texting. Some of my DC parents do text me occasionally, as do some prospective clients. Can I deduct the 20 cents per text for when they do text me? What category would that be under?
TomCopeland 08:32 AM 08-15-2013
Yes, you can deduct the cost of texting to your parents. Claim it under Utilities on Form 8829 as a direct expense (100%).
Kelly 12:24 PM 08-15-2013
Thank you.
Reply Up