Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pleasant Surprise!
Josiegirl 04:43 PM 12-16-2013
I couldn't afford to take any extra days off at Christmas so told dcps I'd be closing at 3 Christmas Eve. Then I started stressing out about how I was going to clean, cook, bake, and clear out the playroom(that's the room we have dinner in, 11 people just won't fit anywhere else) for Christmas dinner.
Then I had 1 dcf tell me they wouldn't be here Tuesday, then another, until I had one dcg left. I asked the dcd at pick up if they were coming all day Tuesday. He said "well, we're thinking of either keeping her home or picking her up at noon. I said 'she's the only one I'll have'. He said "then it's settled. She'll stay home with us."

What a wonderful gift he gave me today!
TheGoodLife 07:15 PM 12-16-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I couldn't afford to take any extra days off at Christmas so told dcps I'd be closing at 3 Christmas Eve. Then I started stressing out about how I was going to clean, cook, bake, and clear out the playroom(that's the room we have dinner in, 11 people just won't fit anywhere else) for Christmas dinner.
Then I had 1 dcf tell me they wouldn't be here Tuesday, then another, until I had one dcg left. I asked the dcd at pick up if they were coming all day Tuesday. He said "well, we're thinking of either keeping her home or picking her up at noon. I said 'she's the only one I'll have'. He said "then it's settled. She'll stay home with us."

Enjoy the extra day off!
melilley 07:19 PM 12-16-2013

Lucy 07:45 PM 12-16-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

That is so awesome! I love when that happens!!! It happened to me one Friday this summer when we were leaving on a cruise early the next morning. Just one by one, everyone said they wouldn't be there that Friday for various reasons. It was such a relief to be able to get ready without kids there! I kept saying all day long "Wow, I'm soooo glad I ended up getting the day off!!" till my husband was tired of hearing it lol.

It also is happening to me on Christmas Eve this year. And almost on the 23rd... darn it!! So I'll just have two kids on the 23rd, one of which will leave at 2pm, and as it turns out, nobody on the 24th even though I was going to be open all day. I'm closed 26th & 27th, so easy peasy week for me!!
Soccermom 10:39 AM 12-17-2013
That's great! I love when things just kind of work out like that!
Enjoy your Christmas Eve with your family!
littlemissmuffet 12:11 PM 12-17-2013
That's great news... enjoy your extra day!!!
butterfly 12:20 PM 12-17-2013

Reply Up