Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If I could swear on this site I would be right now!
crazydaycarelady 08:35 AM 04-28-2015
Dcm slipped on the wet grass and hurt her knee. She was cutting across the yard instead of walking an extra 15 feet and using the sidewalk provided. The grass was wet from dew and the yard is sloped in the area she fell.

I immediately put on my dc facebook page a notice for all parents to stay off the grass because it might be wet and/or slippery, it sometimes has fertilizer on it, and there could be dog poop so USE THE SIDEWALK!

Where has the common sense gone? I really can't even believe she brought this up to me.
Thriftylady 08:48 AM 04-28-2015
Hopefully there will be no issues. I really hate that we (as a society) have to worry about every little thing getting us sued these days.
Josiegirl 09:12 AM 04-28-2015
Especially when they've been told!! I was raised to never walk on people's lawns, even to this day I won't cut across anywhere I don't think I should.
Gemma 09:14 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Especially when they've been told!! I was raised to never walk on people's lawns, even to this day I won't cut across anywhere I don't think I should.

Blackcat31 09:35 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Dcm slipped on the wet grass and hurt her knee. She was cutting across the yard instead of walking an extra 15 feet and using the sidewalk provided. The grass was wet from dew and the yard is sloped in the area she fell.

I immediately put on my dc facebook page a notice for all parents to stay off the grass because it might be wet and/or slippery, it sometimes has fertilizer on it, and there could be dog poop so USE THE SIDEWALK!

Where has the common sense gone? I really can't even believe she brought this up to me.
Did she mention it thinking your insurance or something was going to cover her?

I would have been livid! I would have asked her why she was walking on your grass in the first place when you provide a sidewalk for her and I would act like SHE did damage to ME (my lawn) and not the other way around.

Common sense?!?
crazydaycarelady 09:38 AM 04-28-2015
She said it more like I needed to do something to make is safer. What am I going to do - dry the grass with towels? *smh
Thriftylady 09:44 AM 04-28-2015
She said it more like I needed to do something to make is safer. What am I going to do - dry the grass with towels? *smh
Oh wow I would have to have someone out there at pickup doing just that!
Leigh 09:47 AM 04-28-2015

Have you considered an electric fence? I can't believe those parents you have!
Annalee 09:49 AM 04-28-2015
People amaze me. I was having a yard sale once and a lady fell in the wet grass on the way to her car. She angrily asked for a refund for her purchase To which I did just for sake of argument!
DaisyMamma 11:43 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Have you considered an electric fence? I can't believe those parents you have!
O M G
that's hilarious! You made my day!

PP, I agree, you should have immediately looked mad and asked why she was walking on your grass. She would've felt like an a@@.
Pepperth 12:11 PM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
PP, I agree, you should have immediately looked mad and asked why she was walking on your grass. She would've felt like an a@@.
You would hope she'd feel like an a@@, but the people that ought to the most, never do.
Reply Up