Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Name 10 Things You Are Grateful For
Cat Herder 04:12 AM 03-31-2020
Research shows expressing gratitude can increase your overall well-being, from better relationships to better sleep.

Name the little successes, moments and things you are grateful for every day because it’s the ordinary things that make life extraordinary.
DaveA 05:07 AM 03-31-2020

1 My kids have an amazing ability to crack me up. DD informed me she's "not cut out for homeschooling".
2 My wife's smile. Never ceases to brighten my day.
3 My sense of humor. Sarcastic, dark, sometimes excessive, and often inappropriate. I really have to make sure it stays my "inside voice". But it keeps me centered.
4 The dogs' simplistic happiness. Feed me and play with me and it's unconditional joy.
5 Watching DD's birds run around the backyard.
6 The sounds DW makes. Get your mind out of the gutter (although those are nice also). I'm talking about things like the little purr she makes when I rub her hair or leg while she sleeps.
7 The deer that had made a home in the trees by my shop.
8 This site. Although I've learned a bunch on here it's true blessing is the social connections in what can be an isolating business.
9 The heat of a clean burning forge, a good hammer in my hand, and the feel of steel stuck and forged to shape.
10 Contact with former knifemaking clients. At my core I'm a toolmaker rather than an artist. There's something amazing about hearing from someone saying that they bought something X number of years ago, put it through holy heck, and it's still going strong.
Red 05:08 AM 03-31-2020
Although I have no daycare at the moment, I'm really loving that I wake up naturally and don't need that pesky alarm!
lovemykidstoo 05:23 AM 03-31-2020
1. My family that I love more than life itself
2. That my husband and I are still getting paid even though he's working minimally at home.
3. That I closed my daycare in August because I would be screwed if I had it during this crisis. I now work outside the home.
4. That I continue to be healthy even though I work outside the home and am so stressed I'll bring something home.
5. That my husband is so sweet that he puts a garbage bag in the bathroom so that when I get home I go straight there and put my clothes in it to wash, then take a shower immediately.
6. That my friends and family are all well.
7. That I'm able to see the wonderful spirit here in the united states where people helping each other.
8. That my doggie greets me when I get home like she hasn't seen me in forever lol
9. That I'm able to talk with all of you!
10. That i still have 7 rolls of toilet paper for our family of 4!!!
Annalee 05:51 AM 03-31-2020
My oldest son turning into a responsible young man.
My youngest son becoming an outdoor horse training, after many years of worry he was going to be an xbox gamer inside forever
My husband "growing up".
My mom for always being there for me.
My brothers for taking the roles of "patriarch" after losing so many too early to death.
My great-niece which is the cutest thing ever.
The wonderful lessons my dad taught me.
In an odd way, my job!
My best friend whom is not in good health but is always there to "listen".
Life, in general, and being able to live it fairly comfortably.
happymom 09:17 AM 03-31-2020
1. My amazing husband, who is working super extra hard though this time
2. My 8 year old and his ability to complete his school work mostly all on his own
3. Roblox and Peppa Pig for keeping my 4 year old entertained while dad works
4. That I have an essential job and we still have income
5. Our house and back yard
6. My mom answers her phone and talks to me every day
7. My wonderful puppy. I can't imagine life without her
8. My super cozy bed
9. That the grocery stores are still open
10. My favorite band rescheduled their shows they were meant to play this month
Gemma 09:55 AM 03-31-2020
1 That I married my best friend, and it actually worked out
2 That I have 3 kids I can be super proud of
3 That the things I enjoy the most in life, are Free
4 That I learned to manifest my life through Intentions
5 that this virus happened now that we have extra money (income tax returns) and plenty to do outside in the yard to keep us busy
6 That my koi made it safely through the winter
7 That I have 100s of different plants saved and can have a pretty impressive garden without spending a dime
8 That I have a beautiful place to live
9 That we're all (relatives and friends included) still healthy
10 That I was taught to follow my own compass
daycarediva 10:52 AM 03-31-2020
1. We haven't lost employment
2. We are in a position to help others.
3. My kids are excelling at home schooling and have decided they're never going back.
4. I like parents not coming in/out. Outside pick up and drop off is awesome.
5. My kids are all being pretty good! No major behavioral issues due to the changes.
6. Most challenging children are home on self quarantine. (NOT at risk, I would neverrr want anyone sick)
7. We can most likely weather the storm should we have to close.
8. The media love for the essential workers.
9. Many of my parents being AMAZING. (paying full rate when I asked for 1/2).
10. SPRING!
Ariana 12:20 PM 03-31-2020
1. I don’t have to deal with parent stress every day!

2. My husband is still earning a full paycheck and will get a bonus.

3. My government is going to pay me for the next 15 weeks off. Canada is amazing.

4. My kids are always playing SO well together and it has been such a pleasure to be home with them.

5. Never again will I get this opportunity to be with my kids 24/7 and I am loving it!

6. The sun is shining, birds are chirping, no traffic!

7. Zero pressure to “get together” with anyone ever!

8. Staying up late with hubby watching movies and tv!

9. Sleeping in, taking naps and generally doing whatever I want.

10. WE ARE HEALTHY
Valerie928 01:26 PM 03-31-2020
1. My husband (my best friend). I love him dearly and am scared shitless that he will get sick because he is busting his butt to keep the business he is at afloat.
2. My kids and the opportunity to be a mom. Motherhood was my only dream growing up.
3. My health
4. My family is healthy
5. This time with my kids has been great and we are safe together.
6. I am so thankful for all the folks putting themselves out there to make sure we have food.
7. ALL THE DOCTORS, NURSES ECT.
8. My pets. Each and every one of them ( we have lots)
9. At this moment we are financially sound. Praying we can ride this out.
10. This board of amazing people.
Josiegirl 03:08 PM 03-31-2020
1. Every time I call my kids, they're still healthy.
2. My sister and her dh, both of whom I've been able to spend more time with over the past 8 months.
3. Thankful for all the workers out in the public who are in contact with 'who knows what' every single day, because they are still doing their job.
4. My friends....don't see them often but I know they're there for me if I needed them.
5. I'm thankful for the friendly faces I see when I go shopping once a week, even though you know they must be nervous about life.
6. Thankful for the hope I felt when I saw robins today for the first time this spring.
7. Thankful my dh and I are still plodding along together.
8. Thankful for coronavirus memes, I've needed those extra chuckles a lot lately.
9. My dogs, those sweet pups are so loyal and loving, no matter what. They snuggle nice at night too.
10. My books; reading is a passion of mine and I love that I can get lost in a book for awhile and forget the world.
11. And in no special order.....music, my body still works, gardening season is coming soon, my morning coffee I can drink in peace and quiet, my quiet house, the sunny day we've had today.
Cat Herder 04:29 AM 04-02-2020
  1. A peaceful hike along the river with my DH as the sun sets.
  2. Local opportunities to volunteer and feel connected to my community.
  3. My cozy reclining loveseat, soft quilt and losing myself in a good book.
  4. My dogs are always so excited to see me when I wake up.
  5. My DH and kids give purpose and meaning to my life.
  6. Being a parent has taught me how to really appreciate and enjoy my life.
  7. Being outdoors calms my soul and is always available when I need it.
  8. Local family farms keep me well stocked with fresh foods and connection to my roots.
  9. A long, hot shower in the mornings and fragrant soak in the tub every night.
  10. Clean, soft sheets, ceiling fans, quilts and piping hot coffee in the morning.

Annalee 07:51 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
  1. A peaceful hike along the river with my DH as the sun sets.
  2. Local opportunities to volunteer and feel connected to my community.
  3. My cozy reclining loveseat, soft quilt and losing myself in a good book.
  4. My dogs are always so excited to see me when I wake up.
  5. My DH and kids give purpose and meaning to my life.
  6. Being a parent has taught me how to really appreciate and enjoy my life.
  7. Being outdoors calms my soul and is always available when I need it.
  8. Local family farms keep me well stocked with fresh foods and connection to my roots.
  9. A long, hot shower in the mornings and fragrant soak in the tub every night.
  10. Clean, soft sheets, ceiling fans, quilts and piping hot coffee in the morning.
THankful for DH being able to find ground beef this morning. I Went to three stores last night to no avail
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 04-02-2020
1. My husband and kids are in good health
2. I am still working and being paid.
3. Spring IS coming...
4. Drop off/pick up is almost like a drive through..little to NO contact with parents
5. My state has really stepped up for providers in alot of ways
6. My grocery stores have everything we need in stock every day
7. Coffee.
8. My fur babies...they make me laugh every day!
9. The down time at home..not having to be social and on the go so much
10 This forum. Daily reminder that we are all in this together and together we will all survive
Tags:giving thanks, grateful, happiness, joy
Reply Up