Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Babywearing
Danielle 12:34 PM 01-27-2011
I came across this picture from last year and wanted to share. Baby on the right is my daughter, baby on the left is my best friend's baby. I was watching her one day and my dd put her finger in the baby's mouth, ticking her off. Baby started to cry so dd had to cry too. This is the only thing that worked to get them both to stop crying. Don't knock babywearing until you try it. I don't know how I get through the day without it some days.
Attached: babywearing.jpg (46.2 KB) 
Lucy 12:38 PM 01-27-2011
Holy cow, I'd never do that. It would kill my back!
Danielle 12:41 PM 01-27-2011
If done right (right height) it doesn't hurt your back. I made the mistake of wearing my son too low once...ouch!
Live and Learn 12:42 PM 01-27-2011
Ok ....I have to ask.
1)How many children of your own do you have ?
2)How many dc kiddies are in your home each day?
3)How many infants are in your care today?
4)How long have you been providing dc?
Just curious.
AmandasFCC 12:47 PM 01-27-2011
Oh yeah, I had a sling that I took my dd out for walks in when she was a baby. For her first few months, when I couldn't put her down without her FREAKING OUT, I wore her in the sling to cook dinner and do laundry, etc. I stopped in the winter when she was 5-6 months old because I wasn't walking outside and she'd gotten to a point where I could put her down to get chores done, and by the spring time she was so independent she didn't want me holding her anymore anyway.

Anyways, yes, that's the only way I got through her first few months!
countrymom 12:50 PM 01-27-2011
I have my sling still, its a heart to heart. Omg its the best thing in the world. I so recommend it to anyone.
Danielle 12:50 PM 01-27-2011
1)How many children of your own do you have ? 2- ds is 3, dd is almost 2...hoping for a 3rd soon
2)How many dc kiddies are in your home each day? anywhere from 1-4
3)How many infants are in your care today? I only have 1 baby at time (I made this limit myself). This morning I had the infant. Fulltimer is out today...no other part timers today. My own kids are napping right now. (yay!)
4)How long have you been providing dc? In home, this is my 3rd year. Before that, I was a nanny for 3 years to twins (started when they we infants). Before that, assistant preschool teacher.
KEG123 12:55 PM 01-27-2011
I babywore my son allll the time. I plan to do the same for any other dcbabies that come in.
kendallina 12:58 PM 01-27-2011
What a cute pic! I used to wear my daughter in a moby- it was the ONLY way to do any shopping, walking outside or anything else that would normally require a stroller. She would cry and scream in the stroller, so I just wore her everywhere. I loved it! I posted a pic below of when she was 6 months old...she wasn't looking up, but it's all I've got. We were at the Cincinnati Taste Fest.
Attached: DSC02650f.jpg (81.9 KB) 
Danielle 01:02 PM 01-27-2011
kendallina- I LOVE the moby. Especially in winter b/c you can put it on under your coat and don't have to take it off (so your coat can stay on too) when you take the child in and out. Makes getting in and out of the car alot easier...since my kids have blankets instead of wearing heavy coats in the car
VanessaEO 01:06 PM 01-27-2011
I'm into babywearing too - but found I liked it a lot more with my own kids than with my DC kids. I still use it sometimes with DCKs, just not everyday like with my own.

If I'm blessed with a 3rd baby, I plan to spend quite a bit of time wearing that baby. I'm not sure how I would function as a DCP without it.
KEG123 01:33 PM 01-27-2011
Moby is my favorite!!!

Wearing my son when he was about 2 weeks old

SilverSabre25 02:17 PM 01-27-2011
Love babywearing. DD hated to be worn though...she has always been rather distasteful of confinement, lol. I'm planning on wearing this new baby a LOT though...it's the only way I'll survive!

Later when I'm on the other comp I'll dig up the picture of us wearing her in a Moby this past summer. Yep, babywearing an almost 3 year old!

Done right, slings and carriers do NOT hurt your back at all. They're amazingly comfortable and snuggly.
Symphony 02:42 PM 01-27-2011
Love love LOVE babywearing! I am usually wearing at least one child most of my day. I have 4 of my own and one on the way, 8 dck's, 4 under two, 2 under 3, 2 over 3.

IMO, it makes care so much easier. Babies get tons of close contact, I am hands free to play with the others, and take care of the other tasks that need done, and it leads to more independent kids! Who could ask for more?

I use a moby, mei tai, hot sling, and ring slings depending on my mood, age of kid(s), and what we are doing. Doesn't hurt your back at all. When I carry a child in my arms my back is killing me, but babywearing properly distributes the weight.

I really think I would pass on a family if they said I couldn't wear their baby
DBug 04:15 PM 01-27-2011
Does a backpack carrier count as baby-wearing? Cuz a soon as each of my own kids hit 4 months, they were each carried in one almost non-stop for the next 12 months! I couldn't stand a front carrier, but I would have died if I didn't have the backpack. I used it to do laundry, scrub toilets, cook dinner, go for walks, change diapers and potty train older kiddos, and the list goes on. I had two fussy babies last week -- wore one on my back and had the other in my arms, and could rock & bounce two for the price of one . Love it!!
AfterSchoolMom 04:56 PM 01-27-2011
Just wanted to say - KEG123, you looked like THAT two weeks after your baby was born?! WOW! My "baby" is in school now and I still don't look that good.
SunflowerMama 05:03 PM 01-27-2011
I love babywearing too!!

Wore my twins in a moby wrap when they were tiny and then LOVED my Beco carrier to wear one on the my back and the other I just used a basic wrap to wear her in the front.

I just have one little one now (16 months) and I wear her in my Beco all the time. The rest of my dcks are 2.5 - 4.5.

Here's me with one of my daughters when she was little snoozin' in my Beco .

Tags:babywearing, moby
Reply Up