Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When "I Love You" Becomes Annoying
Heidi 09:11 AM 11-02-2011
No, I am not talking about an unrequited romance

My 3yo dc says "I love you" 100 times a day. She does not play independently at all, much like her older brother.

Her idea of fun: Hang on someone. Either her twin brothers (younger), or any adult in the room. Hang hang hang...hug, wrestle, cuddle, hang...arggg

Her 2nd favorite activity is to roll around on the floor, or go find something to get into that she shouldn't, like painting soap on the bathroom mirror, for instance.

Sneaky behavior that does not endear her to me.

The "I love you"s are clearly a request for attention, but she should not NEED constant attention! She is 3 years old, for gosh' sakes!

GO play with toys, go play with toys, go play with toys...there are LOTS of activities to chose from that ARE ok...

any other ideas?

I feel guilty for not answering her every time, but honestly, sometimes I don't feel it. Dont get me wrong, I really care about her. She can be a sweetie, and I realize she's only (just) 3.
Blackcat31 09:28 AM 11-02-2011
Oh, I can't wait to read the replies to this one! I have a very similar kid. He is 3.5 and I hear things like "Miss B, I really like your shirt."
"Miss B, I love how you smile." "I love you Miss B!" "You are my best friend" "I wish I could live with you" "Miss B, what is your favorite color? That is mine too!"

It is kind of nice sometimes, but then again, it does get annoying fast....
Zoe 09:31 AM 11-02-2011
My own DD is like this. Has always been overly chatty and overly affectionate. And while I love that my daughter loves me so much, sometimes she's just downright freaky about it. She comes in for a slow hug, then gazes at me smiling. Oh my goodness. Get that 100 times a day, it's like, "ok, I love you too, get away from me."
Ariana 09:54 AM 11-02-2011
I'm sorry but this thread is cracking me up!!! These kids are hilarious

No advice sorry
2ndFamilyDC 10:45 AM 11-02-2011
Oh wow!! I have had girls here like that, and I so agree it gets so sickening hearing it constantly. I too felt guilty for not saying it back each time, but I was so annoyed all the time with her saying it a million times a day and not playing at all.

I understand your pain.
themoorethemerrier 11:51 AM 11-02-2011
Whoa! I was JUST thinking about this.

My 3yo dcb was constantly tattling, so I just started asking, Are you tattling on someone? He'd say, No (pause) I love you. And he'd scamper off. Then I'd hear him say to one of my kids, I told on you.

Kids are cute.
misspollywog 12:08 PM 11-02-2011
Maybe you should hook her up with the serial hugger from this thread today:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36554

Heidi 12:11 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by misspollywog:
Maybe you should hook her up with the serial hugger from this thread today:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36554

very funny! Some days I feel like putting them all in a padded room filled with pillows & closing the door!
Tags:annoying
Reply Up