Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Question. . .
KristinsHomeCC 05:39 AM 08-10-2015
Hi guys, gotta question!

So I have 3 DCK. 20 months, 19 months, and 14 months. The 14 month started today and my golly she is SO STINKIN CUTE! anyways, she is still on 2 naps a day while the older babies take just one. DCM says she sleeps around 10 and again at 2. She sleeps for 2 hrs at a time. Older DCK sleep for 1.5-2 hrs but at 12. So if this schedule were to stay this way, she'd be waking up when they go to dleep, and going back down when they wake up. Anyone else have this age difference or any insight? Its not really a problem, just trying to figure out how to handle it! Maybe try to keep older ones up til 1 or so?
jenboo 06:04 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
Hi guys, gotta question!

So I have 3 DCK. 20 months, 19 months, and 14 months. The 14 month started today and my golly she is SO STINKIN CUTE! anyways, she is still on 2 naps a day while the older babies take just one. DCM says she sleeps around 10 and again at 2. She sleeps for 2 hrs at a time. Older DCK sleep for 1.5-2 hrs but at 12. So if this schedule were to stay this way, she'd be waking up when they go to dleep, and going back down when they wake up. Anyone else have this age difference or any insight? Its not really a problem, just trying to figure out how to handle it! Maybe try to keep older ones up til 1 or so?
I would transition the 14 month old to nap at 9. If that doesn't work, then wake up by 11.
Then I would move everyone's afternoon nap to 1.
childcaremom 07:35 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
Hi guys, gotta question!

I have had this dilemma before.

What I do is limit the morning nap to one hour. 9-10. Wake up right at 10.

My group nap is 12:30-3 so I allow them to stay up until 1 and then they lay down until 3 with the group.

Usually at 15 months I start to transition them to only one nap. So cutting down the morning then dropping it altogether. They usually last until 11:30-12. Then slowly start pushing the start time back.

That's the plan, anyways. Doesn't always work out exactly but I try to get them all in the same groove so I can have some time to eat and clean up from the morning.
Indianadaycare 08:04 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I have had this dilemma before.

What I do is limit the morning nap to one hour. 9-10. Wake up right at 10.

My group nap is 12:30-3 so I allow them to stay up until 1 and then they lay down until 3 with the group.

Usually at 15 months I start to transition them to only one nap. So cutting down the morning then dropping it altogether. They usually last until 11:30-12. Then slowly start pushing the start time back.

That's the plan, anyways. Doesn't always work out exactly but I try to get them all in the same groove so I can have some time to eat and clean up from the morning.
This is how I've done it as well. Works well for me!
Reply Up