Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kitchen Inspection Person Not Showing Up!
Crazy Baby 10:53 AM 03-06-2017
I am so annoyed right now. I have been waiting all morning for this lady to show up. She called me 30 minutes after she was suppose to be here and said that her computer died and she had to go back to the office. She asked if I still wanted her to come out and that it would take her 20 minutes to be here. I said yes please still come out. Well, I have now been waiting for 2 hours. I had to go ahead and feed the kids and now I will be having to put them down for nap in a minute. Who knows if she will show up.

I want to write an angry email or something. After my inspection of course.
Gemma 03:09 PM 03-06-2017
What is a kitchen inspection?
Meeko 06:14 AM 03-07-2017
Kitchen inspection is a pet peeve of mine.

It used to be that licensing checked out the kitchen during inspections (still do really).

Then they told us that the health dept had to come out and inspect, because "expert authorized" people had to it. So we figured it was going to be a pretty intense inspection as it needed "experts" to do it.

Turns out it takes about two minutes to do. A short list of questions that are laughable. I had my daughter (who was 7 at the time) do the inspection herself...it's that easy.

"Is kitchen clean"
"Is there a food thermometer"
"Does the fridge have a thermometer" etc. etc.

So...they either think that licensing personnel are just too stupid to check the list....or they saw a way to make $$$ off the backs of daycare providers. The inspection takes literally about two minutes and we have to pay $60 for it. It makes me furious.
spedmommy4 02:53 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Kitchen inspection is a pet peeve of mine.

It used to be that licensing checked out the kitchen during inspections (still do really).

Then they told us that the health dept had to come out and inspect, because "expert authorized" people had to it. So we figured it was going to be a pretty intense inspection as it needed "experts" to do it.

Turns out it takes about two minutes to do. A short list of questions that are laughable. I had my daughter (who was 7 at the time) do the inspection herself...it's that easy.

"Is kitchen clean"
"Is there a food thermometer"
"Does the fridge have a thermometer" etc. etc.

So...they either think that licensing personnel are just too stupid to check the list....or they saw a way to make $$$ off the backs of daycare providers. The inspection takes literally about two minutes and we have to pay $60 for it. It makes me furious.
We have something like this in Oregon, except here it's called a "sanitation" inspection. It costs $125, you have to have one annually, and the inspection is in addition to your health and safety inspection for licensing.
Blackcat31 04:44 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
We have something like this in Oregon, except here it's called a "sanitation" inspection. It costs $125, you have to have one annually, and the inspection is in addition to your health and safety inspection for licensing.
OT but I was just thinking about you today... wondering when the last time was that I "saw" you on-line...

Hope all is well!
CalCare 08:21 PM 03-07-2017
I've been wondering about you too spedmommy. There have been so many posts lately that I have expected to read your expertise on!
spedmommy4 08:05 AM 03-08-2017
Originally Posted by CalCare:
I've been wondering about you too spedmommy. There have been so many posts lately that I have expected to read your expertise on!
For BC and CalCare (I still can't quote two posts) I should probably do an update in a thread. Life threw me a curve ball and I had to take a break for awhile.
Tags:inspection, inspection - kitchen
Reply Up