Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to be License Exempt Texas?
Unregistered 10:05 AM 11-11-2019
I’m in Texas and have had all the licenses, besides commercial center ones. I’ve been listed, registered, licensed

I’m wanted to do occasional drop in care for old families I’ve cared for in the past, when they need it, and maybe a Mother’s Day out a few times a month for a few hours for the SAHMs in my neighborhood.

Looking into the listed license, I really don’t want to have to put myself and my husband through background checks, finger prints (both of which we did last year but will have to do again as a formality for the new license) annual fees, and NOW licensing says they are going to have minimum standards and annual visits for even listed homes!

I know programs can be exempt, VBSs, karate classes, and even MDOs (Mother’s Day outs) I’m pretty sure.

My local office is not helpful, I’ve called 5 times this morning with no answer. Emails my rep two weeks ago with no response. When I have got ahold of them they don’t seem knowledgeable on the subject of exemptions, they just find standards and recite them to me.

So I’d like to know if anyone has more knowledge about this?
Blackcat31 10:17 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My local office is not helpful, I’ve called 5 times this morning with no answer.
I would assume they are closed today due to Veteran's Day
Blackcat31 10:20 AM 11-11-2019
I found this... it might be helpful. I don't know..

https://hhs.texas.gov/doing-business...ing-exemptions
BrynleeJean 10:49 AM 11-11-2019
Yes that’s exactly what I’ve been skimming through. Just it is supposed to lead you to these Administrative Codes that have the specific rules in them and it seems like a lot of its missing.
Only sub chapter K and M are on there and I imagine it was the whole alphabet or at least up to M
I’m thinking it’s due to their transition, they have been updating and moving sites around and it’s leading to things like this. I’m lost.

And thanks maybe they are closed for the holiday.
Sunchimes 07:20 AM 11-16-2019
I am sorry I can't answer your question, but where did you hear about minimum standards for listed homes? I haven't seen a thing about this.
Rockgirl 06:47 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I am sorry I can't answer your question, but where did you hear about minimum standards for listed homes? I haven't seen a thing about this.
I got an email a couple of months ago explaining upcoming changes. It did have info about inspections for listed homes.
Tags:exempt programs, license - exempt, texas - regulations
Reply Up