Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Suggestions Please. Help Me Fill My Last Spot(S)
DaisyMamma 06:06 PM 08-26-2012
Gearing up for the school year
I have one spot...well two if one of them leaves by 3:45.
I would really like to fill this last spot.
What is your "go to" place to find families easily?
Any suggestions for getting teacher's kids to fill that early slot?
DBug 04:12 AM 08-27-2012
My experience is that parents will go to the internet first.

Google your town and "daycare" and check out the things that come up first. If it's a daycare listing website, list your daycare there with your town's name in the listing, and maybe the fact that you're looking for teacher's families. If it's a daycare's own website, look up how to maximize your website's find-ability (is that a word? ).

I list on www.daycarebear.ca and www.godaycare.com. I'm finding that these two sites have been bringing in the most business over the past year or so.

HTH
Crazy8 06:36 AM 08-27-2012
wish I had the answer!!! I have the same problem right now. I have noticed from this board that what works well for some (craigslist, care.com, etc.) don't work at all for others. So, out of the children in your care - how did they find you?? I would go off that more than anything else. Can you get them to refer you? Do you have a FB page where you can get your friends to follow and "share" your openings?
DaisyMamma 06:45 AM 08-27-2012
Good thoughts. Especially going off of how previous families found me.
craigslist, friends, facebook, but I'm also going to check google and see if I need any updates for my web site
Tags:filling spaces, filling spots
Reply Up