Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Watch This Warning About Smartphones
Scout 04:57 AM 08-14-2013
http://kyeos.wordpress.com/2013/05/1...ur-cell-phone/

for all of us that take pics with a smartphone. Appalling!
AnneCordelia 05:15 AM 08-14-2013
http://tongonto.com/kidnappers-wont-...acebook-photo/
Familycare71 06:22 AM 08-14-2013
On the updated iOS the location services is under privacy
Cradle2crayons 06:22 AM 08-14-2013
Yes I've know about this for quite some time.

That's why on my phones and iPad etc i always cut off that option that says "share location"
proudmommyofthree 06:53 AM 08-14-2013
I just saw this yesterday on my Facebook. I had no idea pictures I take can tell hackers where we live or go to school!!! I was terrified when I saw this clip. I instantly changed my settings.
Scout 07:43 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree:
I just saw this yesterday on my Facebook. I had no idea pictures I take can tell hackers where we live or go to school!!! I was terrified when I saw this clip. I instantly changed my settings.
Me too!
Scout 07:47 AM 08-14-2013
What is this? It won't come up, 504 error.
Scout 07:48 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Yes I've know about this for quite some time.

That's why on my phones and iPad etc i always cut off that option that says "share location"
Is this where it asks you where was this picture taken? I have never done this either but, to be safe just turned off all my gps devices.
Blackcat31 08:34 AM 08-14-2013
From the article AnneCordelia posted:

"There’s a new (old) video making the rounds on Facebook this morning. It’s a very old (for the Internet) video of a local news story that drums up fear about posting photos from your camera online.

First of all, this video from NBC ActionNews in Kansas City, Missouri is almost 3 years old. Technology has changed drastically on the sites mentioned in the video."

There is more to the article but it's still pretty clear that this "danger" is not something new....
Blackcat31 08:35 AM 08-14-2013
It always amazes me that folks (in general) put their whole lives out there on sites like Facebook, Twitter etc..... and then act all " OMG!" about possible privacy concerns...

Lyss 09:02 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It always amazes me that folks (in general) put their whole lives out there on sites like Facebook, Twitter etc..... and then act all " OMG!" about possible privacy concerns...

I know! I hate when people post stuff and then get upset when someone else finds out! People post way too much personal info!

Blackcat31 09:07 AM 08-14-2013
@Scout~ I just wanted to make sure you knew that comment above was NOT directed at you.

I meant it in a general sense. Just wanted to be clear.
Play Care 10:37 AM 08-14-2013
I saw this video earlier and posted it to FB to warn people...a few of my friends pointed out the video is at least four years old. While we should always be careful what we post, I think most of the sites (twitter, Facebook,etc.) have addressed this issue a while back.
Scout 10:45 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
@Scout~ I just wanted to make sure you knew that comment above was NOT directed at you.

I meant it in a general sense. Just wanted to be clear.
I know! I am sure that technology has changed but, I for one will not put the gps back on until I need it!! i was actually thinking of ditching the smart phone so I can not be so distracted and LIVE my life again!
Cradle2crayons 10:48 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
Is this where it asks you where was this picture taken? I have never done this either but, to be safe just turned off all my gps devices.
Yes, in some apps. On other apps, when y install them it asks something like " is it ok to share your location" and I always click no.

RN on my iPad under privacy I have show location cut off
Unregistered 11:12 AM 08-14-2013
I apologize that our site was down. We got over 7,500 hits on this post in the past 24 hours, and the server crashed several times. The site is back up. http://tongonto.com/kidnappers-wont-...acebook-photo/
LK5kids 11:27 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Yes, in some apps. On other apps, when y install them it asks something like " is it ok to share your location" and I always click no.

RN on my iPad under privacy I have show location cut off
Where on an I-pad is this? Is it under settings?
Reply Up