Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Licensed to Unlicensed - Advice Please!
hsdcmama 11:01 AM 07-15-2015
Has anyone given up their license and chosen to operate unlicensed? I know it is illegal, but I am seriously considering giving up my license and only caring for 2 of the kids I have now. They are a sibling set that I really like, and whose parents have said they would rather bring them here than go elsewhere, even if I was unlicensed. I get along really well with the parents, our parenting styles are the same, etc. and I don't mind keeping these two on. But I have reached the point where I honestly hate my job, and now I may be losing a dcb and his baby sister who was supposed to start next month bc his mom might decide to stay home. I'm sick of feeling like I'm just here for parents to dump on and abuse my policies, and I put up with so much from this kid, only to find out that I will most likely be losing this baby and her brother - and the parents didn't even have the decency to tell me. The baby is supposed to start in 2 weeks, and when I asked what the exact start date would be, I got an ,"Oh, well I have to talk to my work and see if it will even be worth it to have the 2 kids in daycare." Really? It just ticks me off that I am apparently so expendable after a year and a half of caring for this kid.

Anyway, I'm meeting with advisors at the local college to take a look at their nursing program. I have some pre-req classes I need to take before I could start the program though, which will probably take me at least a year or 2 to complete. When I did the math I realized that I can make ends meet with just these 2 kids, but it's not worth the headaches & money I have to spend to stay licensed. So, my question is, has anyone given up their license, but still provided care? Did the licensors come check on you after you gave up your license? Please no hate messages regarding unlicensed providers. I don't plan to take on any more kids but these 2 I already have, and once I am ready to start the nursing program, they will need to find other care anyway. Thank you!
NeedaVaca 11:11 AM 07-15-2015
I really don't mean this as a hate message but I doubt anyone is going to advise you to do something that is illegal in your state...
NoMoreJuice! 11:14 AM 07-15-2015
I don't think you should have a problem. I totally understand your frustration, btw. If they stop by, don't open the door. If they catch you outside, say the kids are your niece/nephew/cousin/etc.

The reason I dog on unlicensed daycares so much is because so many are breaking HUGE rules, like common sense rules that save children's lives. There was a fire here a few years ago and a few kids passed away because the illegal provider didn't have smoke alarms. We all know the cases where babies are left in car seats, or unsafe sleeping conditions, and many die as a direct result of a neglectful or naiive provider. I've also seen plenty that ignore common sense about how many children they can realistically provide good care for. An illegal daycare was busted here in town with over 15 kids and one person watching them all.

Don't start hating on me about how bad things happen to licensed providers also. At least we have the training and the support of our licensing agencies to teach us about safe sleep and other ways to keep the kids safe. And a fire marshal that inspects me yearly and tests all my smoke alarms and escape routes. As long as you keep up on all the safety stuff that you practiced while licensed, nobody should have a problem.
Unregistered 11:31 AM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by hsdcmama:
Has anyone given up their license and chosen to operate unlicensed? I know it is illegal, but I am seriously considering giving up my license and only caring for 2 of the kids I have now. They are a sibling set that I really like, and whose parents have said they would rather bring them here than go elsewhere, even if I was unlicensed. I get along really well with the parents, our parenting styles are the same, etc. and I don't mind keeping these two on. But I have reached the point where I honestly hate my job, and now I may be losing a dcb and his baby sister who was supposed to start next month bc his mom might decide to stay home. I'm sick of feeling like I'm just here for parents to dump on and abuse my policies, and I put up with so much from this kid, only to find out that I will most likely be losing this baby and her brother - and the parents didn't even have the decency to tell me. The baby is supposed to start in 2 weeks, and when I asked what the exact start date would be, I got an ,"Oh, well I have to talk to my work and see if it will even be worth it to have the 2 kids in daycare." Really? It just ticks me off that I am apparently so expendable after a year and a half of caring for this kid.

Anyway, I'm meeting with advisors at the local college to take a look at their nursing program. I have some pre-req classes I need to take before I could start the program though, which will probably take me at least a year or 2 to complete. When I did the math I realized that I can make ends meet with just these 2 kids, but it's not worth the headaches & money I have to spend to stay licensed. So, my question is, has anyone given up their license, but still provided care? Did the licensors come check on you after you gave up your license? Please no hate messages regarding unlicensed providers. I don't plan to take on any more kids but these 2 I already have, and once I am ready to start the nursing program, they will need to find other care anyway. Thank you!
A friend of mine who was a pediatric nurse started a daycare because she didn't like her job, and wanted to stay home with her kids. She did get licensed, and it was a pain so she dropped it, BUT you don't have to be licensed in my state.

Most important is making sure you can still maintain insurance from your insurance company. Insurance is a private contract so it would be up to the underwriters, read it carefully. If you can't keep good insurance with an umbrella I would not go unlicensed.

I would also tell your parent that you have another inquiry and you need to have a start date or deposit to hold the space. Only issues I see here.
NeedaVaca 11:32 AM 07-15-2015
I guess I was wrong lol
hsdcmama 11:34 AM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I don't think you should have a problem. I totally understand your frustration, btw. If they stop by, don't open the door. If they catch you outside, say the kids are your niece/nephew/cousin/etc.

The reason I dog on unlicensed daycares so much is because so many are breaking HUGE rules, like common sense rules that save children's lives. There was a fire here a few years ago and a few kids passed away because the illegal provider didn't have smoke alarms. We all know the cases where babies are left in car seats, or unsafe sleeping conditions, and many die as a direct result of a neglectful or naiive provider. I've also seen plenty that ignore common sense about how many children they can realistically provide good care for. An illegal daycare was busted here in town with over 15 kids and one person watching them all.

Don't start hating on me about how bad things happen to licensed providers also. At least we have the training and the support of our licensing agencies to teach us about safe sleep and other ways to keep the kids safe. And a fire marshal that inspects me yearly and tests all my smoke alarms and escape routes. As long as you keep up on all the safety stuff that you practiced while licensed, nobody should have a problem.
Oh I know, there are some people who absolutely have no business caring for children. My thoughts were yours exactly - I know what I'm doing, I'll still have the smoke alarms and baby gates and common sense I had when I was licensed. And I won't have any more dc kids besides these two.
Heidi 11:35 AM 07-15-2015
So in Maryland, you need a license for one family?

That's crazy, I think. How on earth do they enforce that?

I'm also in the camp of "well, it is illegal, so it's not okay, but that's a ridiculous rule and I might be tempted to break it myself" camp.

In WI it's 3. If I knew my neighbor had 4, I'd keep my mouth shut. If she had 15, I'd be calling it in weekly. I know BC will disagree and say "wrong is wrong", but I'd probably do it in your shoes.
LysesKids 11:35 AM 07-15-2015

Being that I grew up in MD & I know it's illegal for even one, much less two? There's such a thing as legally unlicensed in some states, but MD isn't one of them. It can cause big problems if you get caught and heaven forbid something happens to one of the kids while in your care... your homeowners won't cover it and you could lose everything - it could also cost you going to nursing school if something happens where there is a CPS issue.
Heidi 11:37 AM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Being that I grew up in MD & I know it's illegal for even one, much less two? There's such a thing as legally unlicensed in some states, but MD isn't one of them. It can cause big problems if you get caught and heaven forbid something happens to one of the kids while in your care... your homeowners won't cover it and you could lose everything - it could also cost you going to nursing school if something happens where there is a CPS issue.
that's true...hadn't thought of that...
Thriftylady 11:37 AM 07-15-2015
I personally wouldn't break the law to do it. I know you are a good provider, and would still continue to be so that isn't the thing really. I am also unlicensed, as it is legal for me here and I intend to stay that way. I have been licensed before and understand the headaches. My reason for telling you not to break the law is that you want to go into nursing. I have heard they have very strict background checks and I would hate to see you do something that would ruin that.
e.j. 11:38 AM 07-15-2015
If it were legal, I'd switch to unlicensed care in a heartbeat. Since you say it's illegal, I would advise against going unlicensed. It's just too much risk as far as I'm concerned. Would you consider watching the kids at their own house? In that case, it would be seen as babysitting vs. child care and that would be legal.
Thriftylady 11:39 AM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
If it were legal, I'd switch to unlicensed care in a heartbeat. Since you say it's illegal, I would advise against going unlicensed. It's just too much risk as far as I'm concerned. Would you consider watching the kids at their own house? In that case, it would be seen as babysitting vs. child care and that would be legal.
Good point!
Heidi 11:40 AM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
LOL...

Hey, you could watch them at their house, but take a "field trip" to yours every day.
hsdcmama 12:03 PM 07-15-2015
In MD it is legal to watch other people's kids if they are a relative or friend, and if for a friend then for less than 20 hours per month. If anything were to happen, God forbid, I still would be okay bc no one would know how many hours a month the kids were with me. I understand that this is a risky thing, and certainly not the best-case scenario; but in this case I think it is what would work best for me and this particular family. I'm still weighing my options, but I hate that it's criminal for someone to care for another family's children without a license, even if that's what the family wants and it's a good, safe, caring situation. I totally get why these rules are in place, because there are certainly some very negligent cases. But I'm not one of them, you know?
Blackcat31 12:35 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
A friend of mine who was a pediatric nurse started a daycare because she didn't like her job, and wanted to stay home with her kids. She did get licensed, and it was a pain so she dropped it, BUT you don't have to be licensed in my state.

Most important is making sure you can still maintain insurance from your insurance company. Insurance is a private contract so it would be up to the underwriters, read it carefully. If you can't keep good insurance with an umbrella I would not go unlicensed.

I would also tell your parent that you have another inquiry and you need to have a start date or deposit to hold the space. Only issues I see here.
Whether a private contract or not, NOTHING would be covered if the provider was operating illegally.

The instant you break the law, you have ZERO protection and are at risk to lose everything. Including your home.

Even your contract/handbook is void if you operate illegally.

Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I guess I was wrong lol
never underestimate other posters...
Heidi 12:57 PM 07-15-2015
Ok...I'm going to go with No, don't do it, although I do think your state's reg
seem a bit weird.

You can watch them 20 hours a month at your house without a license, and you can watch them at their house without a license, and you can take them on field trips, because there's no law saying you can't take a friend's children somewhere.

So then, if something happens to a child or you have a dispute with the parent or something happens to your house, you'd have to say this or that or something else and try to prove you didn't provide illegal care, or you wouldn't be insured. You also can't write off any expenses if you're providing illegal care.

I don't agree with the regs, but I'd say follow them. It's honestly MORE trouble in the long run that keeping that license, IMO.
Unregistered 01:36 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Whether a private contract or not, NOTHING would be covered if the provider was operating illegally.

The instant you break the law, you have ZERO protection and are at risk to lose everything. Including your home.

Even your contract/handbook is void if you operate illegally.

never underestimate other posters...

In terms of insurance coverage that's not true. You have to read the exclusions in your particular policy about coverage. Insurance companies pay out for law breakers from drunk drivers, doctors, lawyers, and yes daycare workers. It's between you and your ins. company.

My point was, make sure you always have good insurance and know the coverage and exclusions.
childcaremom 01:46 PM 07-15-2015
Wouldn't do it. Too much liability.

What if the relationship with these families deteriorate?
What if something happens to one of the children?
What if someone reports you?
What if?
What if?

Why not just drop the dcfs that are causing you grief and stick with the two families that you like AND keep your license?

Why not drop the dcfs that are causing you grief and advertise to replace?

Seriously, having just gotten rid of my problem family, I can't tell you how much weight is lifted off my shoulders and I LOVE my job again.
Unregistered 01:59 PM 07-15-2015
I agree, keep license and drop the trouble makers. Best choice.
Blackcat31 02:48 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
In terms of insurance coverage that's not true. You have to read the exclusions in your particular policy about coverage. Insurance companies pay out for law breakers from drunk drivers, doctors, lawyers, and yes daycare workers. It's between you and your ins. company.

My point was, make sure you always have good insurance and know the coverage and exclusions.
...and when that happens, the insurance company usually turns around and sues the "insured" for what they had to pay out.

Happens all the time (I also know someone that it actually happened to) but if that is not the case in your state or your experiences, we can agree to disagree. Every state/experience is different.

Bottom line though, in agreeance to what others are saying, I would NEVER risk providing care illegally. There is just way too much liability. Especially in this sue-happy culture we live in now days.
Thriftylady 02:55 PM 07-15-2015
I would worry about insurance. This coming from a person who rents their house, and is legally unlicensed, therefore has not been able to find any insurance. I worry about it daily. I didn't ten years ago and I could have had it then, but I was much younger and didn't really know better.
Unregistered 03:28 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
...and when that happens, the insurance company usually turns around and sues the "insured" for what they had to pay out.

Happens all the time (I also know someone that it actually happened to) but if that is not the case in your state or your experiences, we can agree to disagree. Every state/experience is different.

Bottom line though, in agreeance to what others are saying, I would NEVER risk providing care illegally. There is just way too much liability. Especially in this sue-happy culture we live in now days.
I agree, you always want to limit your liability as much as possible. Insurance companies to my knowledge are sued by clients for breach of contract if anything. Or they may sue the other person involved in say..a automobile accident for damages they had to pay to their client. And I'm sure they've sued their own clients as well.
NoMoreJuice! 04:41 PM 07-15-2015
I totally agree with everyone about insurance, but it sounds like she will only be providing care for one family. It's not that uncommon for people to watch only two children and not have to worry about liability insurance. I think we're going a bit doomsday on the OP.
hsdcmama 04:44 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I personally wouldn't break the law to do it. I know you are a good provider, and would still continue to be so that isn't the thing really. I am also unlicensed, as it is legal for me here and I intend to stay that way. I have been licensed before and understand the headaches. My reason for telling you not to break the law is that you want to go into nursing. I have heard they have very strict background checks and I would hate to see you do something that would ruin that.
But how would they know I was watching children without a license? Assuming there were no incidents reported or anything. That's what I'm wondering, is how they actually go about enforcing these wierd regulations.
Thriftylady 05:15 PM 07-15-2015
But how would they know I was watching children without a license? Assuming there were no incidents reported or anything. That's what I'm wondering, is how they actually go about enforcing these wierd regulations.
Well I don't know your area. But I would be the one to find some crazy neighbor or something that wanted to butt their nose in where it didn't belong. That would be my worry. And as far as enforcement, well we all have crazy regulation stories lol the don't enforce what they should half the dang time and bad things happen, then they enforce the things they shouldn't. In the end I guess it is what feels right to you and I won't judge you either way, just saying that I wouldn't do it.
Baby Beluga 09:02 PM 07-15-2015
This is my thought... are you going to be filing taxes claiming the money this set of parents would pay you? My guess is yes. Therefore I assume being a childcare provider will show up on your tax and credit history (listed as a job). If they look into that further they will know you were not licensed. Depending on the nursing program/nursing position once you graduate the program, they may even ask as for a copy of your license as "proof of employment." Perhaps not, but food for thought.

In our line of work we have so much liability on our shoulders. Why would you want to increase that ten-fold by operating illegally?
Play Care 03:20 AM 07-16-2015
I think in your case I would look for a way to make being unlicensed legal. Someone mentioned going to the clients home, and that would probably be the best option.

I have said that if I could do it legally, I would go unlicensed in a heartbeat. But I can only watch two unrelated kids without a license and that's not financially viable for me.
KidGrind 03:56 AM 07-16-2015
In MD it is legal to watch other people's kids if they are a relative or friend, and if for a friend then for less than 20 hours per month. If anything were to happen, God forbid, I still would be okay bc no one would know how many hours a month the kids were with me. I understand that this is a risky thing, and certainly not the best-case scenario; but in this case I think it is what would work best for me and this particular family. I'm still weighing my options, but I hate that it's criminal for someone to care for another family's children without a license, even if that's what the family wants and it's a good, safe, caring situation. I totally get why these rules are in place, because there are certainly some very negligent cases. But I'm not one of them, you know?
It absolutely doesn’t make sense to me for anyone who is licensed in the state of Maryland to go illegally unlicensed.

The only additional costs I can see legal vs. illegal are:

1. The cost of daycare insurance.
2. The cost of the 18 clock hours (1st year) or 12 clock hours (after 1st year) of trainings.

Frankly, I don’t know you. You could be one of the greatest providers in the state. Even so, at this point I am highly suspect that something else is going on. I concede, I do not know. It just isn’t logical from my vantage point.
LysesKids 04:15 AM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
It absolutely doesn’t make sense to me for anyone who is licensed in the state of Maryland to go illegally unlicensed.

The only additional costs I can see legal vs. illegal are:

1. The cost of daycare insurance.
2. The cost of the 18 clock hours (1st year) or 12 clock hours (after 1st year) of trainings.

Frankly, I don’t know you. You could be one of the greatest providers in the state. Even so, at this point I am highly suspect that something else is going on. I concede, I do not know. It just isn’t logical from my vantage point.
That's what I was thinking... I was originally going to license in Hagerstown, Maryland, and I actually started the process in 1999 but then my house fell thru & I ended up in Martinsburg, WV; I got licensed there in 2000 for 6 kids and even tried to open the only Mildly ill childcare in the state... gave up after 6 months because the state literally wanted me to run my home like a full blown center including ripping out new carpet in a new house; I told them to shove it after 9/11 and moved the next year

I know the hoops she jumped thru to get licensed in MD (they have gotten tougher since I moved away) it makes no sense to go illegal... why not just advertise for more kids?
KidGrind 04:24 AM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
That's what I was thinking... I was originally going to license in Hagerstown, Maryland, and I actually started the process in 1999 but then my house fell thru & I ended up in Martinsburg, WV; I got licensed there in 2000 for 6 kids and even tried to open the only Mildly ill childcare in the state... gave up after 6 months because the state literally wanted me to run my home like a full blown center including ripping out new carpet in a new house; I told them to shove it after 9/11 and moved the next year

I know the hoops she jumped thru to get licensed in MD (they have gotten tougher since I moved away) it makes no sense to go illegal... why not just advertise for more kids?
There are hoops to jump through?

It may be because I started out as a military provider. However, I just received my Maryland state license and it was a piece of cake. I laughed at myself for being nervous about not passing, after the inspection.

Advertise for more kids or create policies & enforce them. Each parent can attempt to dump on you once. It’s the way a provider folds or holds that determines if the provider successfully dumps on a provider.
LysesKids 04:47 AM 07-16-2015

It may be because I started out as a military provider. However, I just received my Maryland state license and it was a piece of cake. I laughed at myself for being nervous about not passing, after the inspection.

Advertise for more kids or create policies & enforce them. Each parent can attempt to dump on you once. It’s the way a provider folds or holds that determines if the provider successfully dumps on a provider.
I guess because I was a newbie @ the time, the classes & regs sort of caught me off guard. I was having to test well water, the community was trying to say I couldn't run a childcare home in the house I was buying etc... now it would be a piece of cake because I've been fully licensed in 4 different states. If it wasn't for some of the original childcare forums on Delphi 15 years ago I would not have survived the first few years lol
hsdcmama 06:11 AM 07-16-2015

Ohhhh yes, there are hoops. It took me almost a year to get my license. It was a nightmare, and very expensive. It was way more than I bargained for, but I was determined that I was going to do this the right way, do everything by the book, etc. etc.. It's not just the cost or the technicalities of licensing - it's the constant pressure of being judged by the state & the parents, and feeling like a prisoner in my own home. To me, it's just not worth it.

KidGrind, I don't know what you mean when you say you think there is something "suspect" about me and my situation; I came here asking for advice, not judgement. I personally think some of the regulations are ridiculous, over-the-top, and too restrictive. I'm glad everything went smoothly for you; perhaps you have a newer home and did not have to deal with some of the issues I did; but for me it was not a "piece of cake". If I could afford to just close tomorrow and not have to bother with licensing anymore, I would. But I can't afford it, so here I am. I have been doing this for 2 years now, and I do enforce my policies with my parents; but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. I hate confrontation, but I will confront if I have to.
hsdcmama 06:17 AM 07-16-2015
Also, where I live it is not as simple as "just advertise to get more kids". I am in a rural area with lots of other daycares. Everyone is struggling to get enough business to make ends meet. If I could get full (or even nearly full) capacity, then maybe things wouldn't seem so bleak as they do now.
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 07-16-2015
I mean this with a kind heart but in light of everything you've said, maybe child care is not the right career option right now?

Have you considered working outside the home instead?

It just seems to be a better solution verses operating illegally and/or continuing to operate under capacity and under income.

Another option is to maybe nanny. Nannies have the potential to earn a nice income and often have the ability to go on outings, errands and other out of the house activities.

I don't know as I don't know all the details and the specifics of your situation but it just seems like maybe if you are feeling like you are, it's hard to get new kids, you need the income and you have gotten to the point of considering something that could backfire on you (providing care illegally) that maybe its time to explore other options.
hsdcmama 06:37 AM 07-16-2015
BlackCat you are exactly right; that's why I have decided to pursue nursing. Exploring the option of keeping only the 1 family is the only thing I could think of to keep myself from going crazy in the meantime. I really am not trying to come across as some cold-hearted person that doesn't like kids - I love kids, I have 3 of my own that I homeschool as well. It's the system I can't stand.
LysesKids 06:53 AM 07-16-2015
BlackCat you are exactly right; that's why I have decided to pursue nursing. Exploring the option of keeping only the 1 family is the only thing I could think of to keep myself from going crazy in the meantime. I really am not trying to come across as some cold-hearted person that doesn't like kids - I love kids, I have 3 of my own that I homeschool as well. It's the system I can't stand.
I get the homeschooling in MD too... I was a single mom when I started the license process with 2 of my kids HSing; not sure where in MD you are, but I get the out in the country part because it's actually less expensive than living in the city sometimes. I live outside a major city in a little town now & getting kids isn't easy regardless of state you live in
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 07-16-2015
.... for what it's worth, I don't at all think you are coming across as not liking kids. I totally get where you are coming from. This is a hard business to be in. With the movement in new regulations across the country and the change in parenting styles/methods etc over the last few years I can't say I would survive in this line of work had I just started out or only been around for 5 or less years.

The only reasons I believe I am still here is because I've been here for so long. I have a reputation in my area and haven't had to advertise or look for new enrollees in a long time. I do not face the same struggles as "newerish" providers do.

I am also lucky enough to be in a financial situation where my child care can support itself and bring home a nice profit too.

I think you are doing everything right....as far as checking out every avenue available to you and then choosing the right path based on what you've learned/discovered along the way.

This business is a continuous ebb and flow of good and bad and job security is a foreign concept in the child care world but you do what you have to do to make ends meet. It doesn't mean you are a bad or less than provider. Maybe it just means that it's not the right time for you to be in the field right now. It might signify a bigger change that is coming in your area/state etc...who knows.... but if you really are struggling and all clues are pointing toward an exit, I'd consider it.

You never know where the next chapter in life will lead you.
LindseyA 07:13 AM 07-16-2015
I am planning on going from licensed to legally unlicensed in two years. We are buying my grandmother's place in the near future, and figured then would be a good time to close up shop. I can legally watch 2 kids in my state without a license, which I plan to do. I know it may be very tempting to watch the 2 unlicensed in MD, but you really have to think about the consequences and repercussions if you get caught. Not to mention the constant sense of paranoia (I would certainly feel) day in and day out. I would think long and hard. Sorry, this situation sticks, especially where in another state this would be perfectly fine!
KidGrind 08:02 AM 07-16-2015
Ohhhh yes, there are hoops. It took me almost a year to get my license. It was a nightmare, and very expensive. It was way more than I bargained for, but I was determined that I was going to do this the right way, do everything by the book, etc. etc.. It's not just the cost or the technicalities of licensing - it's the constant pressure of being judged by the state & the parents, and feeling like a prisoner in my own home. To me, it's just not worth it.

KidGrind, I don't know what you mean when you say you think there is something "suspect" about me and my situation; I came here asking for advice, not judgement. I personally think some of the regulations are ridiculous, over-the-top, and too restrictive. I'm glad everything went smoothly for you; perhaps you have a newer home and did not have to deal with some of the issues I did; but for me it was not a "piece of cake". If I could afford to just close tomorrow and not have to bother with licensing anymore, I would. But I can't afford it, so here I am. I have been doing this for 2 years now, and I do enforce my policies with my parents; but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. I hate confrontation, but I will confront if I have to.
I meant exactly what I wrote which was, “something is suspect”. What that entails I do not know. Suspect does not equal guilt. Frankly, it is none of my business. And as I previously wrote you could be one of the greatest providers in Maryland. I do not know. You asked for opinions/advice and I gave mine. An opinion you do not like does not equal a judgement.

With all that written, you have your license now. My understanding is the inspections are yearly unless they receive a complaint.

Yes, it was very easy for me. I’ve been a military provider for years. I’ve been inspected at least monthly sometimes multiple times by different entities.

If it was harder for you, I am sorry to learn of this, even so my logic remains, “You did it! Why not maintain the standards?”

I do not advise anyone to care for children illegally as the ramifications if something goes wrong can be life altering. I wish you the best!
Tags:licensed to unlicensed
Reply Up