Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Unregistered 10:27 AM 02-18-2020
Had a DCB with liquid diarrhea today, dad says well he drank a lot of water of course his poop is watery.. smh.. then he proceeded to tell me no one was available to pick him up.. excuse me!? No I'm sorry you will have someone pick him up. Ug parents
Snowmom 01:00 PM 02-18-2020
First day back after a long weekend is torture.

Good Friday is eons away.
Blackcat31 01:09 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
First day back after a long weekend is torture.

Good Friday is eons away.
Right?!

I looked at the loooooong weeks ahead before Good Friday and promptly scheduled a day off in mid-March.
Snowmom 01:17 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Right?!

I looked at the loooooong weeks ahead before Good Friday and promptly scheduled a day off in mid-March.
Nice!
I kind of wish I hadn't done my newsletter/calendar yet so I could too!
I'm going to have to make a note of that for next year.
littlefriends 11:01 AM 02-19-2020
I have a dcm that likes to put her two cents in whenever she sees the chance so as she’s bringing dcg in this am she hears me fussing at 2 in the kitchen around the corner (one had pushed the other while arguing over a toy so he fell down). I’m in the middle of saying “That wasn’t very nice and I don’t like seeing friends hurting each other! Tell dcb you’re sorry.” And I hear dcm from the living room sing song “And don’t forget I forgive you!!!”
Ugh! Annoying! Mind your own business.
CenterTeacher20 08:45 AM 02-20-2020
Some sort of tummy bug is going around our center. It's definitely making its rounds. This week has been full of diarrhea
Josiegirl 09:02 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
I have a dcm that likes to put her two cents in whenever she sees the chance so as she’s bringing dcg in this am she hears me fussing at 2 in the kitchen around the corner (one had pushed the other while arguing over a toy so he fell down). I’m in the middle of saying “That wasn’t very nice and I don’t like seeing friends hurting each other! Tell dcb you’re sorry.” And I hear dcm from the living room sing song “And don’t forget I forgive you!!!”
Ugh! Annoying! Mind your own business.
That used to be a pet peeve of mine too. A parent would interject comments or question something I was doing, even if it didn't involve his own child/ren. He did that several times and it seemed to only be this certain parent. Really nice guy, both he and his dw were super nice people, but he did make me feel intimidated many times.
CountryRoads 09:24 AM 02-21-2020
What is with parents trying to negotiate with their kids?

"Dcg, do you want your socks on? No? Okay, what about this foot? Which foot do you want first? No socks? Ok."

"Do you want your coat on? No? Okay, but it's cold out." Lets child walk outside with no coat in 10 degree weather.

I get not wanting to cause a scene, but geez! Since when is it an option to not wear socks and a coat?

I'm always much more impressed with a parent who takes charge instead of allowing themselves to be walked on.
Msdunny 10:47 AM 02-21-2020
We had our yearly ice storm last night. Not bad, but the roads are a bit tricky. We are southern, so driving on the roads isn't exactly our forte.

This morning, I had a mom text and ask how we are doing. I told her we have power - most around us dont. So she said, "So we are on a normal schedule today?"(she doesn't work on Fridays, but still beings dcg) I told her sure, but I have no idea what roads are like, so that is her call. She said she would be here in a bit.

Then texts and says, "we will be running behind, since roads are closed and I am having to find alternate routes to your house." She made it here, but it makes me anxious because I had a mom in this exact situation a few years ago whose car slid on the ice and they were in a bad accident. Why not just stay safe? I don't mind the dcg, and we have had a fun morning, but really mom?
CenterTeacher20 10:30 AM 02-24-2020
15 month old who normally naps twice a day has been inconsolable all day... doesn't want to play. I know she's just really stubborn. But it's nap time for our whole center now and she is screaming bloody murder just for attention.
Sunshine69 07:33 PM 02-24-2020
Dc siblings have had a cold with runny noses. Parent has been giving them benedryl before they are dropped off in the morning. They are so tired and cranky through breakfast and keep falling asleep. Per licensing regs, they can’t sleep in anything but their own pack-n-plays so in the pack-n-plays they go. Guess who doesn’t want an afternoon nap since they slept most of the morning?!
DaveA 04:58 AM 02-26-2020
Sunday it was 60’ & sunny. 72 hours later school is cancelled due to snow, sleet, & high winds. It’s official- Mother Nature needs a freaking Prozac.
284878 11:38 AM 03-02-2020
DCM at drop off told DCB to take a nap for me, she doesn't normally say that but I figured it had to do with getting a sticker.

An hour later outside, he started wanting to go in, when I said no nicely, he started crying for his mom. I tried to get him to play but it was a no go. About 10-15 minutes later it was time to go inside, so I could start lunch. He sits at the table which is normal but proceeds to cry (he is the cry wolf kind of boy, so I ignored.)

I make lunch and serve it. He eats like normal while still crying. I was busying taking care of the baby when he throws up. I called DCM who is home to come to pick up, she is here in minutes. I tell her that it was more than lunch that came up.

and she asks if he had any milk because he threw up after drinking milk and running around.

no DCM it was not just milk that came up, he was sitting at the table not running around and breakfast came up too.
But in the future, if you think that there is an issue with milk, you should tell me beforehand not after.

Methinks I know why you were late though.
Sunshine69 01:53 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
DCM at drop off told DCB to take a nap for me, she doesn't normally say that but I figured it had to do with getting a sticker.

An hour later outside, he started wanting to go in, when I said no nicely, he started crying for his mom. I tried to get him to play but it was a no go. About 10-15 minutes later it was time to go inside, so I could start lunch. He sits at the table which is normal but proceeds to cry (he is the cry wolf kind of boy, so I ignored.)

I make lunch and serve it. He eats like normal while still crying. I was busying taking care of the baby when he throws up. I called DCM who is home to come to pick up, she is here in minutes. I tell her that it was more than lunch that came up.

and she asks if he had any milk because he threw up after drinking milk and running around.

no DCM it was not just milk that came up, he was sitting at the table not running around and breakfast came up too.
But in the future, if you think that there is an issue with milk, you should tell me beforehand not after.

Methinks I know why you were late though.
She dropped him off after he threw up?

How nice.
CenterTeacher20 02:11 PM 03-02-2020
I'm so ready for summer. It's cold and gloomy and windy here all the time, I'm so burnt out on themes this year (center-wide weekly themes) and all of my babies are different ages (6m, 17m, 9m and 13m) so lesson planning is way stressful because they're all at different developmental levels.

I cant wait for summer so we can just be outdoors all morning again, those are the best days.
Josiegirl 02:19 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Jociheart:
I'm so ready for summer. It's cold and gloomy and windy here all the time, I'm so burnt out on themes this year (center-wide weekly themes) and all of my babies are different ages (6m, 17m, 9m and 13m) so lesson planning is way stressful because they're all at different developmental levels.

I cant wait for summer so we can just be outdoors all morning again, those are the best days.
Yes, winter always seems so much longer this time of year. When you know spring is just around the corner, or the next corner, or come on already!!
I don't understand why "lesson planning" even has to come into play at those ages. SMH they want to make everything so darn complicated these days.
CountryRoads 01:39 PM 03-03-2020
Can overalls be banned at daycare, please?

So. many. snaps.

Make diaper changes much longer than they should be.
Ariana 09:51 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:

So. many. snaps.

But they are so cuuuuuute
Ariana 09:54 AM 03-04-2020
You guys I am so so so frustrated. My daycare kid turns 2 in a few days and eventhough an SLP told the parents that her speech was at a 10-12 month level I am STILL having to convince then to go to a follow up appointment and begin speech therapy.

2 VERY uncomfortable conversations about it this week. I thought this had been dealt with. I thought it was over. I thought once they got a second opinion and a second professional with YEARS of experience (we have a combined 39 yrs experience working with kids) they would do something.

NOPE
daycarediva 10:54 AM 03-04-2020

So. many. snaps.

I change them out and put them back in before sending them home. NOOOOO. Cute is for weekends and Mom time.

Originally Posted by Ariana:
You guys I am so so so frustrated. My daycare kid turns 2 in a few days and eventhough an SLP told the parents that her speech was at a 10-12 month level I am STILL having to convince then to go to a follow up appointment and begin speech therapy.

2 VERY uncomfortable conversations about it this week. I thought this had been dealt with. I thought it was over. I thought once they got a second opinion and a second professional with YEARS of experience (we have a combined 39 yrs experience working with kids) they would do something.

NOPE
JUST emailed my licensing rep asking when this becomes neglect. 4 yo. Here 2 years this past September. MANY awkward convos. They haven't attended a conference or filled out an ASQ since the first one where she scored a 0 on speech/language. She scored a 5 on the 4 year old ASQ. I always send home completed copies. I included birth-3 and now school district eval information to EVERYONE as to not single them out. I was told they were going to enroll in UPK this year. I reminded them of registration dates. I had a teacher client pick up the packet. They missed it. She is going to K next year and is NOT ready. When she DOES speak, she sounds deaf/hard of hearing. It's a very distinctive speech pattern. No full sentences. Comprehensive language ability also lacks.

Mom comes in and tells us these crazy stories of things she's said/done that are just not possible. I know they're in denial.

Otherwise, they're good parents. She's always clean, dressed well/appropriate, always has supplies, has otherwise good medical care, never have to tell them to take her in sick, etc.
Ariana 11:29 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
JUST emailed my licensing rep asking when this becomes neglect. 4 yo. Here 2 years this past September. MANY awkward convos. They haven't attended a conference or filled out an ASQ since the first one where she scored a 0 on speech/language. She scored a 5 on the 4 year old ASQ. I always send home completed copies. I included birth-3 and now school district eval information to EVERYONE as to not single them out. I was told they were going to enroll in UPK this year. I reminded them of registration dates. I had a teacher client pick up the packet. They missed it. She is going to K next year and is NOT ready. When she DOES speak, she sounds deaf/hard of hearing. It's a very distinctive speech pattern. No full sentences. Comprehensive language ability also lacks.

Mom comes in and tells us these crazy stories of things she's said/done that are just not possible. I know they're in denial.

Otherwise, they're good parents. She's always clean, dressed well/appropriate, always has supplies, has otherwise good medical care, never have to tell them to take her in sick, etc.
So frustrating but glad I am not alone! Same situation here, kid is well dressed, parents are GREAT and never give me grief but dayum I am tired!!

I wasn’t going to bring it up. I literally had washed my hands of it because my part was DONE. Then yesterday dad came in asking me if I thought she was making progress. I told him no. Then he comes in today asking if teething could make her regress. TEETHING?! Kill.me.now.
AmyKidsCo 12:47 PM 03-04-2020
So frustrating but glad I am not alone! Same situation here, kid is well dressed, parents are GREAT and never give me grief but dayum I am tired!!

I wasn’t going to bring it up. I literally had washed my hands of it because my part was DONE. Then yesterday dad came in asking me if I thought she was making progress. I told him no. Then he comes in today asking if teething could make her regress. TEETHING?! Kill.me.now.
Sometimes I think parents don't know what's "normal" for young children because they don't have any to compare their child to.

I have one getting speech services that the therapist and I think should be getting services for autism but Mom & Dad don't see it. Another who's almost 3 that I have to concentrate very hard to understand after over a year here. ("Devin has those two" sounds like "Deh ha doh do") He supposedly only has a pacifier when sleeping but often comes in with it in his mouth. Mom and Dad don't see a problem with his speech.
Kimskiddos 02:08 PM 03-04-2020

So. many. snaps.

Agreed! Have a 3yo boy who's mom was sending him in overalls every couple of weeks. She thought they were sooo cute! After a while I changed him into his spare pants then changed him back right before pickup. The last time I just kept the overalls as spares and sent him home in the others. Mom never said a thing.
Jupadia 08:06 AM 03-05-2020
My poor kid came down sick today, he has been looking forward to today at school so much. Last week they announced that they were having a scientist in today. (He loves science things). Poor thing cried when he found out he cant go. The school rarely has things like this, I feel bad for him that he has to miss out.
284878 08:29 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
My poor kid came down sick today, he has been looking forward to today at school so much. Last week they announced that they were having a scientist in today. (He loves science things). Poor thing cried when he found out he cant go. The school rarely has things like this, I feel bad for him that he has to miss out.
My DD came home from school twice now all excited about the pizza party the next day. Both times she threw up that night and missed the party. (Once in first and just recently in second)
Ariana 10:01 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Sometimes I think parents don't know what's "normal" for young children because they don't have any to compare their child to.

I have one getting speech services that the therapist and I think should be getting services for autism but Mom & Dad don't see it. Another who's almost 3 that I have to concentrate very hard to understand after over a year here. ("Devin has those two" sounds like "Deh ha doh do") He supposedly only has a pacifier when sleeping but often comes in with it in his mouth. Mom and Dad don't see a problem with his speech.
Absolutely! They have no clue what is normal or not and don’t defer to someone who does. I mean why do they assume they know if this is their first kid. Mom has a niece who is a chatter box and this was the reason she felt her daughter was off and asked me 7 months ago. Then she just deferred to everyone around her saying it was no problem. It took me 6 months to convince them to take her for the appointment. I just don’t understand it at all

Anyway dad came in last night and told me they made the follow up appointment and said “neither one of us could remember why we were waiting on doing that”. Its like an episode of dumb and dumber I swear
daycarediva 10:15 AM 03-05-2020

My kiddo has had repeated ear infections/tubes once, ALWAYS stuffed up, did all age appropriate allergy testing and is on Claritin daily, had tonsils removed.

Today the floor was messy after lunch so I scooted the kids chairs in a 'train' and had them line up seated while assistant cleaned. She didn't understand the change in routine and cried. I had to let her stand up/get in line. She's almost 5.

We have to repeat the potty routine/hand washing routine every single time AND have visuals or she misses steps. Puts her items away in other kid's cubby's that are PHOTO labeled.

I just wish parents knew that I DO NOT make suggestions to be mean, or judging them AT ALL. I want what is best for the child. I may be contracted help but I care about them too and watching a child struggle that you cannot really do anything more for stinks.
Ariana 03:42 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I just wish parents knew that I DO NOT make suggestions to be mean, or judging them AT ALL. I want what is best for the child. I may be contracted help but I care about them too and watching a child struggle that you cannot really do anything more for stinks.
YES!! It is the most stressful part of my job for sure. I am also extra sensitive to kids, which makes me really great at my job but also makes me see things others might not. I can tell when a kid is not giving me the normal amount of eye contact or is twiddling their fingers in front of their face for a few seconds. I notice it and pick up on that stuff right away. I also pick up on kids who are struggling with language. Nasally voices, constant echolalia, no babbling etc. It’s hard when you are the only one that sees it.
Ariana 03:47 PM 03-05-2020
Daycare family just had a newborn. So far they have been to the hospital a few times for this that and the other thing. Always a crisis. Now it is something else. Dad tells me he will keep me updated on the latest crisis. But why? As long as you come to pick up your other kid on time I couldn’t care less!

Was the same during the moms pregnancy. So many issues and problems. Always a crisis, needing time off to go to the DR. I swear she was at the DR 3x a week for 6 months.

What is wrong with these people?
Cat Herder 05:41 AM 03-06-2020
Daycare family just had a newborn. So far they have been to the hospital a few times for this that and the other thing. Always a crisis. Now it is something else. Dad tells me he will keep me updated on the latest crisis. But why? As long as you come to pick up your other kid on time I couldn’t care less!

Was the same during the moms pregnancy. So many issues and problems. Always a crisis, needing time off to go to the DR. I swear she was at the DR 3x a week for 6 months.

What is wrong with these people?
You know the answer. Drama creation to stay relevant and avoid the actual day to day doldrums of life after adulthood and marriage.

Cough. Cough.

"Is this really all there is? I was rewarded with graduations and gifts every few years all throughout childhood and school with some big adventure being advertised in front of me that I must be steadfastly prepared for. Unlimited potential. And now it's just laundry, sticky surfaces and what's for dinner? Really?"
Annalee 07:25 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
You know the answer. Drama creation to stay relevant and avoid the actual day to day doldrums of life after adulthood and marriage.

Cough. Cough.

"Is this really all there is? I was rewarded with graduations and gifts every few years all throughout childhood and school with some big adventure being advertised in front of me that I must be steadfastly prepared for. Unlimited potential. And now it's just laundry, sticky surfaces and what's for dinner? Really?"
Yep, yep, and yep!
Blackcat31 06:49 AM 03-10-2020
Oldest daycare kid I have had a HORRID day yesterday.
Bad behavior all around. Has kind of been this way for last few months or so but yesterday was really a rough one.

kid shows up this morning with a shirt that says "Master of Mayhem"

DCD tells DCK to make sure to live up to what the shirt says today as he walks out....

Yeah thanks dad....

I'm so over parents thinking bad behavior is "cute"

Had another one yesterday that literally could not sit still. Not even during rest time and kid was sleeping.

Asked mom at pick up if they managed to get outside over the weekend since we are having some abnormal spring weather here lately... mom says "no but the kids were so badly behaved yesterday that we had to leave the movie theater in the middle of the movie"

The kids are 3 and 4. It was gorgeous over the weekend. We haven't seen sunshine here in 6 months. Temps are in the 50ies (NOT normal) and she takes them to the movie instead of outside.

Thank goodness my coffee is extra strong today.
Annalee 08:03 AM 03-10-2020
Oldest daycare kid I have had a HORRID day yesterday.
Bad behavior all around. Has kind of been this way for last few months or so but yesterday was really a rough one.

kid shows up this morning with a shirt that says "Master of Mayhem"

DCD tells DCK to make sure to live up to what the shirt says today as he walks out....

Yeah thanks dad....

I'm so over parents thinking bad behavior is "cute"

Had another one yesterday that literally could not sit still. Not even during rest time and kid was sleeping.

Asked mom at pick up if they managed to get outside over the weekend since we are having some abnormal spring weather here lately... mom says "no but the kids were so badly behaved yesterday that we had to leave the movie theater in the middle of the movie"

The kids are 3 and 4. It was gorgeous over the weekend. We haven't seen sunshine here in 6 months. Temps are in the 50ies (NOT normal) and she takes them to the movie instead of outside.

Thank goodness my coffee is extra strong today.
May need to add some excedrin tension to that coffee
Unregistered 12:46 PM 03-10-2020
Parents are a pain in the ass!

Dcm txt me to see how little one was since she was sick yesterday. I replied to mom and let her know. Dcm then txt the dad and the Dad is texting me a million questions. I don't need to tell both parents and I don't need a million txt a day wth! Guess I'm gonna have to ignore txt from now on. How would you handle it?
Cat Herder 12:50 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Parents are a pain in the ass!

Dcm txt me to see how little one was since she was sick yesterday. I replied to mom and let her know. Dcm then txt the dad and the Dad is texting me a million questions. I don't need to tell both parents and I don't need a million txt a day wth! Guess I'm gonna have to ignore txt from now on. How would you handle it?
"Hey guys, I need to be able to concentrate on the kids. Do you need to schedule a conference after hours?" group text.

Or if they are that worried about her health: "I am not sure. Maybe you should come to pick her up and have the pediatrician do a recheck?"
Blackcat31 12:56 PM 03-10-2020
"Hey guys, I need to be able to concentrate on the kids. Do you need to schedule a conference after hours?" group text.

Or if they are that worried about her health: "I am not sure. Maybe you should come to pick her up and have the pediatrician do a recheck?"
OMG! I surely need to go home now...

I thought you said: "I am not sure. Maybe you should come to pick her up and stop being a redneck"

I know that doesn't even make any sense at all but that is what I read.

Counting down now only 120 minutes to go....
Cat Herder 01:14 PM 03-10-2020
OMG! I surely need to go home now...

I thought you said: "I am not sure. Maybe you should come to pick her up and stop being a redneck"

I know that doesn't even make any sense at all but that is what I read.

Counting down now only 120 minutes to go....
Funny. It would make perfect sense to me. I am picturing a lethargic grinning kid from homemade moonshine and elderberry cough syrup instead of visiting the peds office. Yes, it happens.

I've had quite a few of those, too, self-professed. Ironically, they have thick skin so you can tell them to get their $#!t together and they will. So much easier to work with than "snob-hill types". You know, down here.

Ugh, it has been such a long week already, and it's only Tuesday. 4 more straight days of rain. It is killing my energy and patience.
Blackcat31 01:44 PM 03-10-2020
Funny. It would make perfect sense to me. I am picturing a lethargic grinning kid from homemade moonshine and elderberry cough syrup instead of visiting the peds office. Yes, it happens.

I've had quite a few of those, too, self-professed. Ironically, they have thick skin so you can tell them to get their $#!t together and they will. So much easier to work with than "snob-hill types". You know, down here.

Ugh, it has been such a long week already, and it's only Tuesday. 4 more straight days of rain. It is killing my energy and patience.
I have 2 sets of parents that I can literally say anything to and they are great about it. Those are definitely the type that make this job fun!

Yes.... full moon (super moon at that), daylight savings time AND a Friday the 13th all in one week... Add in a house full of ALL boys ages 2-5 and a 6 month old that just spent an entire week with grandparents 4 states away being back in care ......just kill me now.

Or give me a ride to the liquor store. Either way I'm fine.
CenterTeacher20 01:20 PM 03-11-2020
7mo in my room has been here since 7:30 (normally doesn't come until 8:30) and has only taken ONE 30-minute nap all day. He is so overtired, he goes from giggly to screaming bloody murder in about 30 minutes, just had a crazy blowout too. I texted his parents to keep them posted on the situation and the only response I get is from the dad. All it says is

"haha, he's such a goofball!"

He's 7 months old lol and usually my best napper. That's the weirdest response I could have imagined from that parent (usually a helicopter parent). Is it Friday yet???
CountryRoads 07:50 AM 03-12-2020
I am so over spending so much time making healthy, nice meals and snacks just to have the kids not even touch it. Or to take 1 bite and think it's gross.

I swear, they would be thrilled if I fed them chicken nuggets and mac & cheese everyday
Cat Herder 04:35 AM 03-16-2020
A local restaurant is offering free meals for kids on the free lunch program during the shutdown for coronavirus. They have a parent line outside, exactly like the schools have for drop-off and pickup. They have 4 choices of meals for parents to choose from, served at both lunch and dinner times.

On their Facebook page announcing this the very first two comments are:

You can't even give food away to these entitled parents.
boy_mom 05:06 AM 03-16-2020
A local restaurant is offering free meals for kids on the free lunch program during the shutdown for coronavirus. They have a parent line outside, exactly like the schools have for drop-off and pickup. They have 4 choices of meals for parents to choose from, served at both lunch and dinner times.

On their Facebook page announcing this the very first two comments are:
  • "Can you deliver? I have five kids and I don't want to get them all out of I don't have to."
  • "What about kids with allergies?"

You can't even give food away to these entitled parents.
Very similiar situation here, my mind was blown!! Just shows how many people use the system rather than truly needing it....
Annalee 05:25 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
Very similiar situation here, my mind was blown!! Just shows how many people use the system rather than truly needing it....
The school system is doing that here beginning today. People are volunteering to deliver to their homes. The worry is that many kids won't have food for the extended Spring Break.
Cat Herder 05:33 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
The school system is doing that here beginning today. People are volunteering to deliver to their homes. The worry is that many kids won't have food for the extended Spring Break.
Our school is, too, those meals are simple PBJ, chips, water bottles and fruit (pick up centers and bus stop drops off). That is why the restaurants started offering hot meals, people were complaining about the sack meals. No matter how they try it seems not good enough for those who should be doing it themselves.
Cat Herder 06:38 AM 03-16-2020
I ate a snickers. I wanted to clarify why it ticked me off so bad.

The people I am speaking of are not the families that are in a food desert or actually living at or below the poverty level. These are 20 something subdivision dwellers, Instagram queens from mostly upper-middle to middle-class families in a small town who simply chose to be underemployed, live above their means, live together unmarried (so report half of their income for benefits) or live on credit so they can be SAHM's.

These are not the kids who truly NEED these services. Our schools have everyone fill out free lunch applications for funding purposes. They turn a blind eye on this because it helps their bottom line, these parents won't even buy school supplies for their own because "free education is a basic right" and "they just pass them out the other kids anyway".

The kids who really need help live a couple of towns over and very few, if anyone, seems to be driving over there except the school buses.
CountryRoads 07:04 AM 03-16-2020
School closure started today. Have a school ager here all day who is already having a hard time listening and can't stop wrestling with his little sister. Thankfully he's only here 1 day a week.

Please. Send. Help.
Annalee 07:10 AM 03-16-2020
Our school is, too, those meals are simple PBJ, chips, water bottles and fruit (pick up centers and bus stop drops off). That is why the restaurants started offering hot meals, people were complaining about the sack meals. No matter how they try it seems not good enough for those who should be doing it themselves.
Yes; same complaint here. Most deserving kids families are already on food stamps but the parents don’t always do the right thing with their state assistance.
Blackcat31 07:14 AM 03-16-2020
I ate a snickers. I wanted to clarify why it ticked me off so bad.

The people I am speaking of are not the families that are in a food desert or actually living at or below the poverty level. These are 20 something subdivision dwellers, Instagram queens from mostly upper-middle to middle-class families in a small town who simply chose to be underemployed, live above their means, live together unmarried (so report half of their income for benefits) or live on credit so they can be SAHM's.

These are not the kids who truly NEED these services. Our schools have everyone fill out free lunch applications for funding purposes. They turn a blind eye on this because it helps their bottom line, these parents won't even buy school supplies for their own because "free education is a basic right" and "they just pass them out the other kids anyway".

The kids who really need help live a couple of towns over and very few, if anyone, seems to be driving over there except the school buses.
I hear you..... It is sad all around

I made a very clear statement to parents that I will provide care during their working hours only and that any parent that has the ability to keep their child home or reduce hours in care should do so for the greater good.

I stressed the importance of respecting the need for child care to remain an option for health care and other essential workers so taking advantage of this when not needed isn't cool.

Of course the ONLY DC parent I have pitching a fit and literally trying to convince me that they are an essential worker works in fast food AND has a spouse that has been sitting on their butt at home since last August.
(oh and they don't pay a dime for child care either)

Nice try DC parent but I don't think so.

Even a world wide crisis can't stifle entitlement.
Cat Herder 07:37 AM 03-16-2020
I hear you.

Only one out of six decided to stay home, here.

Four of my current five have a parent (three also have a sibling) at home, right now.

They claim they can't do online school with their older kid or focus on their remote work while caring for a younger child.

Two asked if they could also drop-off older sibling. I refused to add to our risk and there is zero chance I am logging them into virtual school on one of my computers or supervising school work.

Bonus: As usual, the one DCK that actually needs to be here is my most difficult, frustrating, whiny, learned helpless one who would absolutely make me lose my mind if they were only child here for two weeks, so....

Spoiler Alert: The school has been throwing around "possibly up to eight weeks" for the last two days.
Cat Herder 12:23 PM 03-16-2020
It is so bad they can't even get the parents to pick up the food they deliver on time. Some parents literally expected the busses to come back through for them. Many parents were complaining that the schools would not give them food for their younger kids or themselves. The food is for specific students only. The funding only covers students. They seem to believe it is actually the schools' job to feed their kids. I have never seen anything like it.

CenterTeacher20 12:33 PM 03-16-2020
These school agers are driving me NUTS! We've come up with so many on the fly activities for them to do today and yet they're all still "bored" and it's only 2:30. I don't know how I'm gonna make it through the week!
e.j. 01:50 PM 03-16-2020
My son just texted from work. Someone who works at the same company he does went in to work today after spending time with her husband....who tested positive for Covid19. What is wrong with some people?!
Blackcat31 02:27 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by e.j.:
My son just texted from work. Someone who works at the same company he does went in to work today after spending time with her husband....who tested positive for Covid19. What is wrong with some people?!
My licensor is currently self quarantined.

She went on vacation 2 weeks ago. She's been back only a week and has symptoms. Had to drive 4 hours to get tested and wont know until Tuesday if she does or doesn't have it.

Thankfully, she was on top of it and she hadnt visited any child care facilities since returning from vacation.

I do not know where she went for vacation so I am unsure if it was in or out of the country but either way, scary times for sure.

I hope your son doesn't have it. Hoping your son is like mine and not too terribly social and more than likely didn't get within 6 feet of anyone. Not that those things are a safe bet, just that it's the only solace we have right now.

Our local banks just sent out notice they are closing lobby doors starting tomorrow and doing only drive through. Anything else that needs taken care of must be done via e-mail or other alternative methods.
e.j. 04:00 PM 03-16-2020
My licensor is currently self quarantined.

She went on vacation 2 weeks ago. She's been back only a week and has symptoms. Had to drive 4 hours to get tested and wont know until Tuesday if she does or doesn't have it.

Thankfully, she was on top of it and she hadnt visited any child care facilities since returning from vacation.

I do not know where she went for vacation so I am unsure if it was in or out of the country but either way, scary times for sure.
That really is scary to think about! Imagine how many families she could have infected had she been doing her normal days worth of inspections?

I hope your son doesn't have it. Hoping your son is like mine and not too terribly social and more than likely didn't get within 6 feet of anyone. Not that those things are a safe bet, just that it's the only solace we have right now.
There is an upside to having AS when social distancing becomes the norm. I'll take any solace I can get right about now! lol He asked around and did find out she works on the floor below him. He didn't have direct contact with her. Unfortunately, it's hard to know how many people she did have direct contact with and whether he had any contact with them. Time will tell, I guess!

How's your son doing through all of this?

IOur local banks just sent out notice they are closing lobby doors starting tomorrow and doing only drive through. Anything else that needs taken care of must be done via e-mail or other alternative methods.
That's smart on the banks' part. From what I can see, our bank is suggesting the use of hand sanitizer - which you can't find anywhere! They just remodeled the building we bank at. The tellers are standing at what basically are small work islands with no real separation from the customer. In pre-covid19 days, I questioned the wisdom of that and how unsafe it seems to be for the tellers. At this point, they're probably more worried about being coughed or sneezed on than being robbed.
Blackcat31 04:28 PM 03-16-2020
All our restaurants and bars are now officially closed
Movie theaters and gyms etc as well

https://www.twincities.com/2020/03/1...pickup-are-ok/
Blackcat31 04:32 PM 03-16-2020
That really is scary to think about! Imagine how many families she could have infected had she been doing her normal days worth of inspections?
Right? More than likely she isn’t infected but she being super cautious so one can only hope for the best

There is an upside to having AS when social distancing becomes the norm. I'll take any solace I can get right about now! lol He asked around and did find out she works on the floor below him. He didn't have direct contact with her. Unfortunately, it's hard to know how many people she did have direct contact with and whether he had any contact with them. Time will tell, I guess!

How's your son doing through all of this?
Yes! There is an upside to AS

My son works in the next state over but is such a hermit he is not panicking at all and just being super cautious

Thankfully he’s also a smart shopper so he’s got plenty of supplies should he need to self quarantine
CenterTeacher20 04:51 PM 03-16-2020
All our restaurants and bars are now officially closed
Movie theaters and gyms etc as well

https://www.twincities.com/2020/03/1...pickup-are-ok/
I'm right on the border of MN (Fargo/Moorhead) and a ton of our clients live in Moorhead, MN so we have all of their school agers until the schools re-open. All of our MN clients are understanding and smart through the situation, no complaints about bars and restaurants closing... which is why it's so weird that all of our ND families who are literally ~maybe~ 5 or 10 minutes away from MN are complaining about public closures and restaurants and bars who have decided to close.... Apparently our mall and movie theaters have been packed today by high schoolers. I couldn't even imagine going out in this unless I really needed to!
e.j. 05:20 PM 03-16-2020
My son works in the next state over but is such a hermit he is not panicking at all and just being super cautious

Thankfully he’s also a smart shopper so he’s got plenty of supplies should he need to self quarantine
Smart guy!
Blackcat31 05:28 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
I'm right on the border of MN (Fargo/Moorhead) and a ton of our clients live in Moorhead, MN so we have all of their school agers until the schools re-open. All of our MN clients are understanding and smart through the situation, no complaints about bars and restaurants closing... which is why it's so weird that all of our ND families who are literally ~maybe~ 5 or 10 minutes away from MN are complaining about public closures and restaurants and bars who have decided to close.... Apparently our mall and movie theaters have been packed today by high schoolers. I couldn't even imagine going out in this unless I really needed to!
I live near a border city (Duluth/Superior) as well.
It’s crazy!
CenterTeacher20 05:50 PM 03-17-2020
Kids were AWESOME today. Everyone listened. I tasked our 7 school-agers with planning and preparing a "St Patty's Parade" and a Leprechaun Trap. The parade was awesome and the littles loved it!

Fast forward to an hour after closing... and I get a text from a mom of two of the school-agers who also have a preschool kiddo at our center. Apparently ALL THREE of them have a fever now. All over 101. I wish those kids would have said something sooner if they weren't feeling good.... and hopefully it doesn't spread to more kiddos in our center.
CountryRoads 09:24 AM 03-19-2020
I don't know what it is, but I have ZERO patience this week.

Almost every parent is driving me bonkers this week.

Thank goodness I have a long weekend
MomBoss 11:25 AM 03-19-2020
The faces and tones of voice im getting for asking for payment is ridiculous. If anything this virus has shown me at the end of the day, these people dont care about us and are just using us to babysit.
Josiegirl 11:46 AM 03-19-2020
I don't know what it is, but I have ZERO patience this week.

Almost every parent is driving me bonkers this week.

Thank goodness I have a long weekend
I don't know about you but this whole virus scare has everybody on edge. Probably including dcparents. Everybody trying to get through it the best they can is wreaking havoc on all our psyches. Are parents afraid of losing their dc, could that play a big part?
Sunshine69 07:18 AM 03-20-2020
These parents!

Our state has been ordered to reduce all non-essential workforce by 75%. All who can work from home must do so. One of my clients in on the guns & ammunition business and business is hopping. They have increased their hours and will not reduce their staff.

Of course this client wants to bring me their coughing child yesterday. No way!

These are the parents that don’t want to pay when their kids are out sick. I doubt they’ll be willing to pay my bills when they or someone in my daycare test positive and DOH shuts me down.
Ariana 11:14 PM 03-21-2020
I have a dry cough. Have had it since last Saturday. No other symptoms, no fever, nothing. Daycare kid brought in a cold her last week here. I am soooooo over it. I keep going back and forth thinking it is Covid19. 12% of people don’t get a fever. Do I have it? No idea.

I have never ever in my life experienced a cough with zero other symptoms. Perfect timing of course to drive me crazy with anxiety
Ariana 11:20 PM 03-21-2020
My extroverted neighbour formed a street facebook page for everyone. She posts every day asking how everyone is doing and do we need help etc. It is a nice gesture but she is driving me nuts. Every day she is organizing a neighbour “social distancing” party outside in our driveways. Ugh. I am sorry but I do not want to interact with people right now. STAY HOME. She does it solely so she can talk to people. She is an extrovert narcissist so I get it but I do not want to participate
springv 09:10 AM 03-22-2020
Daycares in alabama are limited to 11 children per day and is only opened for essential workers only that have children and need care.
Second Home 10:25 AM 03-22-2020
In MD we were asked to take extra children of first responders and they were allowing home daycare to go up to 10 ( most are licensed for 6 or 8) as long as they are school age children.
Then the president said groups of no more than 10 people . So now we have to count every person in the whole house in the limit of 10 people . Many providers are now forced to tell people they can't bring their children to daycare because their spouse and children are home.
We are also supposed to prepare to be shut down unless we have first responders / medical personnel children.
Ms.Kay 08:35 AM 03-23-2020
and once again....the clients that I did all those
"extra special " are the first ones to bail. When this ends...Ill be starting from scratch.
Unregistered 11:42 AM 03-23-2020
Why does my state think this is the best time for inspections? State of emergency due covivid 19 and I just got a letter saying our licensor will be working out of her vehicle because her office is closed and will still be doing inspections! Hell no! I'm stressed as it is and I do not want her here after being to other daycares potentially bringing in the virus.

My state is seriously stupid!
Annalee 11:58 AM 03-23-2020
Why does my state think this is the best time for inspections? State of emergency due covivid 19 and I just got a letter saying our licensor will be working out of her vehicle because her office is closed and will still be doing inspections! Hell no! I'm stressed as it is and I do not want her here after being to other daycares potentially bringing in the virus.

Wow, we only get emails, calls and text right now unless there is a complaint...no visits inspections.
Cat Herder 12:05 PM 03-23-2020
My extroverted neighbour formed a street facebook page for everyone. She posts every day asking how everyone is doing and do we need help etc. It is a nice gesture but she is driving me nuts. Every day she is organizing a neighbour “social distancing” party outside in our driveways. Ugh. I am sorry but I do not want to interact with people right now. STAY HOME. She does it solely so she can talk to people. She is an extrovert narcissist so I get it but I do not want to participate
Ahhh! I hope that does not catch on. Shoot me.

I'd join one for seniors needing porch drops of supplies. I'd love to be part of that one year-round, every year.
Cat Herder 12:14 PM 03-23-2020

Same here.

We have always been required to keep N-95 masks, goggles, gloves and gowns in our first aid kit, but I have no intention of using my supplies for them to wear. They better come fully decked out in fresh, unopened, PPE. The masks were meant to prevent exposure of the patient, not the wearer, anyway.

My client's kids only come here and go home. Parents are working from home. We all go to the same grocery, pharmacy and hardware store. I feel pretty safe with my small circle and small town. I am not inviting in anything else from the outside, though.

I know my clients would support me on refusal and rebuttal at this time. Crazy, really.
Ariana 02:55 PM 03-23-2020
Ahhh! I hope that does not catch on. Shoot me.
That is exactly what I told my friends “shoot me”

Leave the introverts alone
Josiegirl 04:27 AM 03-24-2020
I have a dry cough. Have had it since last Saturday. No other symptoms, no fever, nothing. Daycare kid brought in a cold her last week here. I am soooooo over it. I keep going back and forth thinking it is Covid19. 12% of people don’t get a fever. Do I have it? No idea.

I have never ever in my life experienced a cough with zero other symptoms. Perfect timing of course to drive me crazy with anxiety
Hope your cough goes away soon Ariana!! You don't need to sit there and worry about having Covid-19 along with everything else going on!! Stay well!!! And hope your dh stays well too!!

You have got to be effin' kidding me. Wonder what would happen if all the providers got together and refused access to your programs?? I think I'd try to gather as many peers as possible and bombard the state with calls, shut that right the heck down. For everybody's well-being. States do some idiotic things but that's one of the worst I've heard of in a very long time. Tell me they are at least wearing gloves and masks?
CeriBear 05:15 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
Daycares in alabama are limited to 11 children per day and is only opened for essential workers only that have children and need care.
I think this is a great idea. I wonder if more states will do something like this. My state hasn’t yet done so.
Vesta 07:57 AM 03-24-2020
While swimming in a world or bleach solution and Odoban, my 8 year old somehow managed head lice. 😱😩
I have way better haircutting skills than I knew.!!
MomBoss 09:37 AM 03-24-2020
While im not getting any help from the government for being self employed and loosing families because they are not working , im also doing my kids teachers jobs for free. If we have to be home to teach our children we should be getting paid for it!
Cat Herder 09:42 AM 03-24-2020
..... and a flash flood warning.
Annalee 09:43 AM 03-24-2020
Ooohhhwheeee we got the floods going on, too!
Blackcat31 10:12 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
im also doing my kids teachers jobs for free. If we have to be home to teach our children we should be getting paid for it!
I don't think this is a fair statement to make.
Just like us, just because the children aren't present in the classroom doesn't mean the teachers aren't working.

They are providing the lesson plans, the instructions etc...
I think it's a parent's responsibility to have to suck up the slack when teachers can't be IN the same room with the children while they learn.

I know in my community the teachers are still teaching but doing so without the traditional class room time.

Parents need only make sure the kids are doing the work assigned. Just like always.

Originally Posted by MomBoss:
While im not getting any help from the government for being self employed and loosing families because they are not working
I am sorry you are losing children due to this issue.
Blackcat31 10:13 AM 03-24-2020
YIKES!!!
Cat Herder 10:24 AM 03-24-2020
Ooohhhwheeee we got the floods going on, too!
YIKES!!!
So far, it's only about 2 foot out of banks around the springs and overflows. The river itself is barely at the bottom barn. Unless they overflow and do a dam release on the other side of the mountain, we should be good. How is it looking there, Annalee?
MomBoss 11:46 AM 03-24-2020
I don't think this is a fair statement to make.
Just like us, just because the children aren't present in the classroom doesn't mean the teachers aren't working.

They are providing the lesson plans, the instructions etc...
I think it's a parent's responsibility to have to suck up the slack when teachers can't be IN the same room with the children while they learn.

I know in my community the teachers are still teaching but doing so without the traditional class room time.

Parents need only make sure the kids are doing the work assigned. Just like always.

I am sorry you are losing children due to this issue.
My kids schools have left it up to us . We got a huge stack of papers and no instructions. If my numbers weren’t low, i wouldnt be able to help them.
CenterTeacher20 12:10 PM 03-25-2020
The school-agers here are officially going stir-crazy. How come school agers cant seem to entertain themselves no matter how many options they have?! I've started telling them to go read their books every time I hear an "I'm bored"
Annalee 12:33 PM 03-25-2020
So far, it's only about 2 foot out of banks around the springs and overflows. The river itself is barely at the bottom barn. Unless they overflow and do a dam release on the other side of the mountain, we should be good. How is it looking there, Annalee?
The creeks and rivers are rising but we are good; some dry weather coming the next few days. A tornado came over our home last night but no damage to report!
Cat Herder 01:05 PM 03-25-2020
The creeks and rivers are rising but we are good; some dry weather coming the next few days. A tornado came over our home last night but no damage to report!
I am glad to hear it. I saw the reports last night and hoped that would be the case.
Annalee 01:10 PM 03-25-2020
I am glad to hear it. I saw the reports last night and hoped that would be the case.
The pics they were showing on the news was near our house! My son was locked in the cooler at his work place. This momma was nervous
Cat Herder 01:38 PM 03-25-2020
The pics they were showing on the news was near our house! My son was locked in the cooler at his work place. This momma was nervous
I bet. Glad you guys are safe.
LITTLESTARS 07:15 AM 03-26-2020
Is 50% tuition fair for provider to charge? and do parents really want to to pay?

So over this, I'm seeing myself starting the beginning some families are so not understanding.
Blackcat31 08:11 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by LITTLESTARS:
Is 50% tuition fair for provider to charge? and do parents really want to to pay?

So over this, I'm seeing myself starting the beginning some families are so not understanding.
I made it clear to my families that fees for child care were not just for actual time spent with the children and were fees that keep the entire child care operating smoothly.

If parents want a child care to come back to, they need to continue to pay. I understand some families not wanting to or not having the funds to do so but we are all in this together so the financial stresses are also equally shared.

I am open and operating but my attendance has varied.
As long as I am open and operating, I require payment in full even for those families that are not attending.
Cat Herder 07:09 AM 03-27-2020
Ugh, my cleaning supply auto-order for April has been canceled. I have had this standing order for over 5 years. They really don't have the foresight to plan for their regular customers before selling to hoarders? I guess I will be looking for new permanent vendors when this is all over.
Sunshine69 05:13 AM 03-28-2020
Ugh, my cleaning supply auto-order for April has been canceled. I have had this standing order for over 5 years. They really don't have the foresight to plan for their regular customers before selling to hoarders? I guess I will be looking for new permanent vendors when this is all over.
Ugh! How infuriating!

This makes me so angry. They want us to help by caring for the kids of essential workers but we can’t even get the supplies we used to get to do our jobs before this pandemic. The hoarders are willing to pay more for it than we’ve been paying all along and then they sell it to make a profit 😡

Cleaning products can’t be found in the stores. No paper towels, no laundry detergent. WTH?! I’m using a bleach solution with towels that I can launder now. When I run out of bleach and laundry soap I’m in trouble.

I have clients who can’t find baby wipes for their twin infants. They got the last package of “flushable” toilet wipes they could find in the store. That’ll work. 🤷*♀️

But c’mon people! It’s not a pooping epidemic! I’m asking any client that brings their kids to send them with a roll of toilet paper and a bottle of liquid soap. Ridiculous!
Cat Herder 06:13 AM 03-28-2020
I should be ok for a bit. I still have three gallons of bleach (soaking toys/changing table/linens), 1/2 gallon of odoban (floors/surfaces), 4 lysol wipes (baby gates), 1 citrace (big toys/surfaces) and 4 clorox cleanup (sinks/toilets).

The odoban and citrace I really needed, though. I expect to be out of both in a week or so.

On the subject, I bought a book on amazon about the "Spanish" flu pandemic. I paid $19 for a used paperback version, already a bit expensive. 3 days after it was supposed to arrive I got a cancelation notice. I went back to look at the book and they raised the price to $854. 00.
Sunshine69 07:49 AM 03-28-2020
I’ve heard governors say that the same is happening with ventilators they are trying to purchase for the hospitals. There is a bidding war going on between states and states that think they placed an order are being told that their order will no longer be delivered.

I hope, when this crisis is over, the entities and people that are causing this are investigated. Any that are found guilty should be fined heavily and those fines should go back into the system to help pay back the massive spending plans that have recently been passed.
Second Home 09:27 AM 03-28-2020
I am supposed to use a temporal thermometer as children arrive ( I will take current/previous emergency personnel only) , I only have an ear one . So I checked Amazon as there are none of any kind in stores . It was $39 yesterday but it said that it couldn't be shipped to me . Today I checked and the same one is $80 .
e.j. 11:33 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
I’ve heard governors say that the same is happening with ventilators they are trying to purchase for the hospitals. There is a bidding war going on between states and states that think they placed an order are being told that their order will no longer be delivered.

I hope, when this crisis is over, the entities and people that are causing this are investigated. Any that are found guilty should be fined heavily and those fines should go back into the system to help pay back the massive spending plans that have recently been passed.
The governor of MA has expressed a great deal of frustration over this. He said the federal government is often the entity he's competing against when trying to order PPEs. They outbid him! He was just on yesterday saying he places orders and is lead to believe the equipment will be on its way and then the order is cancelled. His frustration is obvious.
Ariana 11:11 AM 03-29-2020
Our government just announced funding for small businesses up to $2000 a month for 4 months. It’s taxed income so more like $1800 a month. We are also getting an increase in our child tax benefit. This represents about 1/3 of my income. None of my families are paying me.

Got a text from an insensitive a$$hole parent saying that her husbands hours got cut. She is still receiving her full salary, saving $1040 a month in daycare fees and getting a bump in her child tax credit. Cry me an effing river b1tch

I am honestly not sure I want anything to do with my current families at this point. I might replace them all. The resentment is big right now.
CeriBear 11:41 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I am supposed to use a temporal thermometer as children arrive ( I will take current/previous emergency personnel only) , I only have an ear one . So I checked Amazon as there are none of any kind in stores . It was $39 yesterday but it said that it couldn't be shipped to me . Today I checked and the same one is $80 .
That is terrible! It makes me sick to think that some people are jacking up the price of things just because they are in high demand. I saw that someone was trying to sell a six pack of toilet paper for 50 dollars online. WTH?
Ariana 02:15 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:
That is terrible! It makes me sick to think that some people are jacking up the price of things just because they are in high demand. I saw that someone was trying to sell a six pack of toilet paper for 50 dollars online. WTH?
Do you guys have a fraudster tipline you can call? We just had one instated here in Ontario Canada. Ridiculous people gouging others.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59  ... Last
Reply Up