Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Chairs
Little People 08:06 AM 01-14-2011
I am getting ready to potty train 2 dkg's. One is 19mts and one is 23mts. I thought it would just be easy to do both at the same time. The 19mts is very smart and thinks she is 3 haha. I have looked at wal-mart.com and there are so many nowdays This may tell my age but what happened to the plain old little wooden ones with the white tray. I always used them years ago and would put the tray on and give the children books and little cars and they would go potty sometime without even knowing it. So what is your favorite and what made this potty chair work for you?
BentleysBands 08:10 AM 01-14-2011
I stopped using potty chairs many moons ago. They can get so nasty. And I hate when lil ones Thought they could remove the bowl...yuck! I Just use on of those seats that fit right on the potty
SandeeAR 08:15 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
This may tell my age but what happened to the plain old little wooden ones with the white tray.
Yep, dating myself too! I used one of those to train, my now 29 y/o. Took it camping one weekend and set it up outside the tent at the door. Trained her that weekend. No accidents in my house, just on the ground LOL.

It too, now use the potty seat on the toilet and a stool to get there. Much cleaner. And most have a "raised" front edge for training the little boys.
AnythingsPossible 08:33 AM 01-14-2011
Don't use potty seats, i personally think they are gross...I too use the small seat on the toilet with a stool. Never have used the small potty seat in 14 years of raising and potty training my kids and numerous others.
kitkat 09:39 AM 01-14-2011
I'm probably in the minority, but I use the potty chair...at least to start potty training. Once they get the hang of actually going potty and being able to pull pants and stuff down, then they transition to the big toilet with just a potty seat. Plus, DD is SHORT (only in the 10th percentile for height). I do have her poop on the big toilet, but she's still too short to get on it without me or DH putting her on. For us, the little chair works fine. I have no problem emptying the potty out of it, but poop is gross, which is why I let DD poop on the big toilet. We take it camping also.
lil angels 09:40 AM 01-14-2011
I use the one that sit on the potty to. It is cleaner and you don't have to transition to the big potty later. Parents can easily get them to and then it is the same at home and at daycare. I used to put mine in a reusable bag and take it in public with me so that was never a prob either.
Tags:potty chair, potty training
Reply Up