Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's for Lunch?
Lyss 11:04 AM 02-20-2013
What's everyone having (or had) for lunch today?

I've only got the 14mo olds (2) today due to a sickness that's going around our area so we're having an easy day!

We're having:
Corn dog cupcakes (small turkey hot dogs pieces in corn bread, cooked in muffin tins), edamame, HM applesauce, and milk.
MissAnn 11:08 AM 02-20-2013
Quesadillas
Homemade black beans
Tangerine.
NeedaVaca 11:09 AM 02-20-2013
Shepard's Pie
Apple slices
Yogurt
rmc20021 11:12 AM 02-20-2013
chicken patty and tomato on a bun, with chicken noodle soup and mandarine oranges. m...m...good
mema 11:16 AM 02-20-2013
Pulled pork sandwiches with carrots and broccoli-plates licked clean, well except for 1!
jokalima 11:24 AM 02-20-2013
I wish my menu was more flexible, they give me a list with around 20 items for each meal. I have to follow them, so today was white rice, corn, corned beef and apples.
daycarediva 11:49 AM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by jokalima:
I wish my menu was more flexible, they give me a list with around 20 items for each meal. I have to follow them, so today was white rice, corn, corned beef and apples.
WHITE rice? that isn't so healthy. Sorry you have to follow that!

Today we had homemade chicken noodle soup, fresh green beans & watermelon s p e a r s.
melilley 12:01 PM 02-20-2013
Why do you have a list?
Meyou 12:05 PM 02-20-2013
Veggie stew, bread and butter, blueberries and milk.
jokalima 12:08 PM 02-20-2013
We have a LOT of rice in my menu, like a lot and they don't like for us to get creative and go outside of the menu. Almost everyday my kids have rice, think is a cultural thing. My food program was sponsored at first with a Hispanic organization, then they switched to be part of the Capitol City's Food program but kept the same menu.

And example of what is in the menu and sorry that I am going in another direction here,

Milk, hamburguer, bun, green salad, corn

Milk, corned beef canned, rice, corn, apple

Milk, meat loaf, yucca, wheat bread, fruit or ice cream

Milk, rice, chicken,tomato, papaya

Milk, meat loaf, green peas, bread, butter, applesauce

Milk, rice, beans, carrots, canned peaches

Milk, stewed beef, rice, green beans, cantaloupe

Milk, rice, dried peas, sausage, bread, squash, strawberries

Milk, macaroni with cooked ground beef, carrots, papaya

If i keep going through my menu i will probably find more than 10 more items with rice. I know we can do better, but they want us to stick to it even though we've been asking for a while now.
Blackcat31 12:10 PM 02-20-2013
turkey tenderloins
Jersey sweet potatoes
steamed brocoli/cauliflower
whole wheat bread
milk
SquirrellyMama 12:27 PM 02-20-2013
I made ravioli using wonton wrappers and a mixture of cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, oregano and garlic. We had spaghetti sauce with the ravioli and mango for a fruit. I completely forgot the veggie. I'll have to throw that in this afternoon.

K
Patches 01:20 PM 02-20-2013
chicken quesadillas
corn
pears
milk
spud912 01:24 PM 02-20-2013
Whole wheat spaghetti, homemade meat sauce (full of veggies, diced small and not easily noticeable) and bananas.
kathiemarie 01:24 PM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
I made ravioli using wonton wrappers and a mixture of cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, oregano and garlic. We had spaghetti sauce with the ravioli and mango for a fruit. I completely forgot the veggie. I'll have to throw that in this afternoon.

K
tomato sauce can be counted as a veggie. under 3 a 1/4 cup and over 3 a 1/2 cup.
kathiemarie 01:26 PM 02-20-2013
ham and cheese on whole wheat bread, watermelon, orange slices and milk.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 01:35 PM 02-20-2013
We had homemade minestrone soup (lots of veg) with whole grain pasta in it. String cheese wrapped in egg roll wrappers and baked, and mandarin oranges, milk.
Lianne 02:05 PM 02-20-2013
We had HM chicken noodle soup with toast
LK5kids 04:19 PM 02-20-2013
Love this question. We should do it once a week!

Taco bake
Pineapple & Mandarine oranges
Steamed peas
Cottage cheese
Milk
LK5kids 04:21 PM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Veggie stew, bread and butter, blueberries and milk.
Oh, I wanted to make a veggie stew. Can you share how you make it?
LK5kids 04:27 PM 02-20-2013
We have a LOT of rice in my menu, like a lot and they don't like for us to get creative and go outside of the menu. Almost everyday my kids have rice, think is a cultural thing. My food program was sponsored at first with a Hispanic organization, then they switched to be part of the Capitol City's Food program but kept the same menu.

And example of what is in the menu and sorry that I am going in another direction here,

Milk, hamburguer, bun, green salad, corn

Milk, corned beef canned, rice, corn, apple

Milk, meat loaf, yucca, wheat bread, fruit or ice cream

Milk, rice, chicken,tomato, papaya

Milk, meat loaf, green peas, bread, butter, applesauce

Milk, rice, beans, carrots, canned peaches

Milk, stewed beef, rice, green beans, cantaloupe

Milk, rice, dried peas, sausage, bread, squash, strawberries

Milk, macaroni with cooked ground beef, carrots, papaya

If i keep going through my menu i will probably find more than 10 more items with rice. I know we can do better, but they want us to stick to it even though we've been asking for a while now.
I like lots of variety and my menus don't repeat for weeks and weeks. I have about 3 months of menus and I am still looking for new recipes. I'd be sad with your limitations! You do have a good variety of food, I just really like tons of options.
EchoMom 05:26 PM 02-20-2013
Sloppy Joe made with 92% lean, hormone free ground beef
Wheat bun
Mashed potatoes
Peas
Milk
Reply Up