Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Do a Monthly Newsletter?
Dilley Beans 03:44 PM 10-14-2014
Do you have a monthly newsletter? If so, what do you put in it and how long is it?
Cradle2crayons 03:53 PM 10-14-2014
I do a weekly newsletter for my preschool clients.

The rest get weekly typed information on the group private fb page..
Things such as illness information, rule or policy updates, just general information.. Info on upcoming field trips... Abc mouse information for those two and up..
sahm1225 05:32 PM 10-14-2014
I do a monthly newsletter. I average about 10 a year (somehow I skip a month or two in the year, oops!)

I go over reminders (closed days, holidays, etc), a bragging corner with each kid name and what they are doing that's new (someone else does that on here and I asked to copy it), and mention things that we either need or want to give a heads up about. For example, I need updates medical
Forms so I put a reminder that everyone needs their medical
Forms updated.
kitykids3 06:08 PM 10-14-2014
I do a newsletter, but not monthly. More like every 2-3 months. I put in closings, birthdays, reminders about things, sometimes helpful parenting info, curriculum info, special days. etc.
Controlled Chaos 07:18 PM 10-14-2014
I have been debating this. I update the homepage of my website monthly with curriculum info and little notes like "Summer is finally here, bring sunscreen!". But having a printed newsletter would be a good way to hand out all that pushy advice I want to give them but they would never click on the link themselves on the website lol
AmyKidsCo 07:31 PM 10-14-2014
I do a monthly newsletter with the same sections every time:

1. What we're learning this month
2. A Love & Logic article
3. Important dates (closings, birthdays, etc)
4. What's new (Misc info, like bring snow stuff, swimsuits, etc)
5. Eco-friendly ideas
6. Learning (Photo and blurb)
7. Wish List
Magic 07:03 AM 10-15-2014
I wish
and when i do I have fun with it
but
this business has soooo much paper work as it is
and I am a one woman show with much on the side that demands my time
but
i talk to the parents
alot
so they are very informed
hsdcmama 07:55 AM 10-15-2014
I do an occasional newsletter, usually when the seasons change. I remind parents of any upcoming holidays/closings, of any upcoming field trips or policy changes going into effect, and other misc. reminders (make sure to change the season of extra clothes in the child's cubby, bring sunscreen if it's summer, etc.). I like to put all this on paper and hand it out officially so no parent has any excuse not to know these things.
Blackcat31 08:34 AM 10-15-2014
I also do seasonal newsletters.

If I have daily/weekly or monthly updates or news that needs to go out, I put it on my website instead. It's my preferred method of "announcement".
melilley 11:31 AM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by hsdcmama:
I do an occasional newsletter, usually when the seasons change. I remind parents of any upcoming holidays/closings, of any upcoming field trips or policy changes going into effect, and other misc. reminders (make sure to change the season of extra clothes in the child's cubby, bring sunscreen if it's summer, etc.). I like to put all this on paper and hand it out officially so no parent has any excuse not to know these things.
Same here. I felt that when I did them monthly, only one or two parents actually read it.
CraftyMom 11:44 AM 10-15-2014
I also do them occasionally. Even still they don't get read, except for maybe one parent. I used to so them monthly, just a waste of time, effort and paper.

If I have something to say to the group I will send out a group text. Reminder for a field trip or things like that. I know all my parents have their phones on them all the time and will see the text as opposed to a piece of paper they leave in their car for weeks at a time.
Reply Up