Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Step2 Playhouse
Josiegirl 02:27 AM 05-24-2018
Does anyone have the Naturally Playful Welcome Home Playhouse? Right now it costs 500 plus 40 bucks in shipping(amazon it's well over 600)on the Step2 site. I'm thinking of getting rid of most of my other backyard plastic stuff and just have this. No more climbers and bigger slides. I know it's an investment but it's a big playhouse and my dcks love playing in the old small one I have. I just wondered if it's worth the extra $$$ and as much of a hassle to assemble as the site reviews say.
Any feedback? Thanks!!!
It would neaten up the look of my backyard A LOT. And no more need of cushioning, which has been a pain.
https://www.step2.com/p/naturally-pl...home-playhouse

Blackcat31 06:18 AM 05-24-2018
Sam's Club offers it slightly cheaper. ($459) They ship as well..
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/welcom...rod18880198.ip

I think it's really cute!!
My kiddos love playing in the house I have as well!
Other than the sandbox its the one toy I haven't been able to part with.
rosieteddy 07:04 AM 05-24-2018
I thought you were getting ready to retire.It has taken me 3 years to finally get rid of most of my plastic climbers and slides.Why not save the money for a vacation or something you want for yourself.I actually just passed papers on the home that I did daycare from now I still have some "special books and toys in the new house.I ended up putting stuff at the curb with free written on it.Someone actually took a folding play kitchen then brought it back 2 hours later. My DC kids loved the sandbox and climbing toy the most.
Miss A 07:42 AM 05-24-2018
It is very cute, but it is an investment.

I agree with RosieTeddy. If you are looking to retire soon (5 year plan?) Then I would not purchase it. I would instead put that money into my retirement fund. It may not seem like a lot to add to it, but of you have a high I teresti account or an IRA then there is potential growth there.
Josiegirl 09:43 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I thought you were getting ready to retire.It has taken me 3 years to finally get rid of most of my plastic climbers and slides.Why not save the money for a vacation or something you want for yourself.I actually just passed papers on the home that I did daycare from now I still have some "special books and toys in the new house.I ended up putting stuff at the curb with free written on it.Someone actually took a folding play kitchen then brought it back 2 hours later. My DC kids loved the sandbox and climbing toy the most.
Maybe? I'm thinking within 5 years, yes. I'd love to retire yesterday but what SS tells me I'll make a month, I still have to work somewhere so it might as well be here. I'll be getting a grant amount of almost $300 in July, add a couple more hundred and it's paid for. Then when I do retire, I'll put it up for sale and hopefully recoup what I personally put into it myself. I have a pretty sad looking back yard this summer and decided against buying more wood chips which would cost me about $250-300 anyways. That eliminates the climbers which I might be able to sell also.

I'm not a member of Sam's Club or Costco or any of those places. Not sure what it would cost if not a member; will have to check that out. Thanks!
Josiegirl 09:45 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
It is very cute, but it is an investment.

I agree with RosieTeddy. If you are looking to retire soon (5 year plan?) Then I would not purchase it. I would instead put that money into my retirement fund. It may not seem like a lot to add to it, but of you have a high I teresti account or an IRA then there is potential growth there.
I, personally, don't have any retirement built up but my dh has a TIAA Cref from his work, which I assume I'm still entitled to half. We've been separated about 10 years but still technically married 40 years.
sharlan 09:56 AM 05-24-2018
I've had two large playhouses, my kids never played with either one.
Laugh and Learn 11:03 AM 05-24-2018
I think it’s cute! With the money you save from doing wood chips every year, that would easily pay for it. Plus if your yard will look better it’ll make you happier and parents also ! I’m sure the kids will love it. I bought one similar at a yard sale. It was cheap but definitely looked well used but the kids play in it all the time. My husband took it apart and then put it all back together he acted like it wasn’t that hard.
Ariana 11:32 AM 05-24-2018
You can always resell it when you retire! I have a wooden one that is 8 years old. We just painted it for the first time this past weekend to hide some slight greying on the roof and it is as good as new. The wood isn’t even touched, except for color fading on the roof. Red cedar is da bomb

I only paid $389 for it at Costco so maybe wood is a cheaper option? In Canada we also pay more for stuff. You could probably find someone with a membership willing to buy it for you. My kids play with it all.the.time. It was a very wise investment for me when I first started.
LK5kids 06:38 PM 05-24-2018
A side note.....you can take a % of your husband's SS if it's higher than yours. It does not reduce his SS. Maybe you know that, but I thought I'd mention it. But yes, it still makes a difference how early you draw.
Tags:playhouse, playhouse - plastic
Reply Up