Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Question Re: CIO at Naptime
SunshineMama 10:32 AM 06-24-2014
DS is almost 18mo and in a toddler bed, by he can climb out of his crib. I baby proofed his room, and put him down for nap, and he CIO'd, until falling asleep behind his door on the floor (have a video monitor).

1. Should I leave him asleep on the floor or move him to his bed?

2. How long will it take if I keep letting him do this, before he figures out to go back to his bed? (He sleeps in his bed fine at night).

Thanks!
Naptime yet? 10:59 AM 06-24-2014
If he seems comfortable & is safe, I'd leave him (unless he's a sound sleeper & won't wake up when you move him).

As for how long it would take...I am truly clueless.
melilley 11:22 AM 06-24-2014
Must be that time of year..lol
My ds is 23 mo. and lately is doing the same at nap and sometimes at bedtime too. I don't know how long it lasts....hopefully not long!
cheerfuldom 04:59 PM 06-24-2014
I dont have a problem at all with a kid sleeping on the floor and I dont ever move sleeping kids. If they were uncomfortable, they would wake up. eventually he will learn to go back in bed but some kids will sleep on the floor for months. i dont see an issue at all with it. he's sleeping and the room is child proof so i wouldnt worry.
GKJNIGMN 08:06 AM 06-25-2014
I think it depends on the kid but he will grow out of it. I would leave him there to sleep.

My youngest, for whatever reason, would move his blankets out to the hallway and sleep on the floor. It was right outside of his own door so not to be close to me or anything lol
Reply Up