Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Sure What To Think About This One...
MamaB'sKidz 12:01 PM 09-16-2014
I have a 4 yo DCB in my care. The DCM walks in this morning to drop him off and proceeds to inform me that her son gets bored at daycare and she said I should step it up with my daily activities. Now mind you she said this with a little chuckle but was most likely trying to be serious. She told me that he gets bored learning his alphabet, numbers,colors and shapes so she is teaching him the States at home and has a map they work with. Now, I think that's great! I love when parents work with their kids at home but am I wrong for thinking teaching him his States at the age of 4 may be a bit excessive? I do MGT curriculum and all my kids and myself like what they are teaching. Some things are a little silly but I have my own lessons I throw in there also. All my DCK are toddler/preschool age and kids at those ages just want to have fun and play so I do our lessons and then we have free play and sometimes I even break it up with a short lesson free play then back to another short lesson. Though that does make it a bit harder to get the kids back into learning mode. But anyway what would you think and what would you say if a Parent made a comment like that one?
Up