Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Creative Curriculum Question
SunflowerMama 04:20 AM 03-15-2011
If you have used this book can you please post the link from Amazon.

I was on there trying to find it and there are a multitude of different copies/versions/dvd/etc. and they are ranging from $16 - $99.

I just can't find what exactly I'm looking for and don't want to accidently get the wrong book.

Thanks and sorry for creating an entire thread due to my inability to navigate Amazon for a book.
heyhun77 04:47 AM 03-15-2011
It depends on which version you are looking for. I'm assuming you are family childcare so you'll want the family childcare version which comes in 2 volumes and then there's the activity cards that they have as well. I got the whole set for $99 from Redleaf when it first came out a year or so ago (maybe 2... tiime flies).

Here's the Redleaf link to the whole set. I can't figure out on Amazon which one it is because most don't have any details on what's included for that price.

http://www.redleafpress.org/productdetails.cfm?PC=1583
youretooloud 06:48 AM 03-15-2011
I bought it used from Amazon, and wasn't the least bit impressed with it. It's so basic.... which is great if you are just getting started and are starting at the very beginning.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Curri...0200103&sr=8-5 I think this is the one I have.
melskids 07:51 AM 03-15-2011
i bought all three

at the time i paid around 15 for the family one, 20 or so for the infant, and 40ish for the preschool one. they do have the new 5th edition for preschool, which is probably more expensive, so i think the old ones will do you just fine

like the PP mentioned, they are basic, as far as how to set up your space. but they do have a fairly good assessment tool, and some good info. they have a whole online assessment record keeping tool, but that is costly, IMO, for a home daycare.

www.teachingstrategies.com

i do enjoy them, and go back to them fairly often for a reference. i'd still recommend them, if you can get them cheap enough used.
Tags:curriculum
Reply Up