Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help With A Letter To A Parent
Unregistered 01:13 PM 08-17-2011
I have a parent that when I enrolled her child we discussed that her child MUST be here by 9:00, because my pre-school class starts at 9 and I do not want my class to be interupted.
Well she is making a habit of now 9:05, 9:10 and in the 5 weeks she has been with me she has been late about 8 times. Today was her last straw.

Can someone help me with a WARNING letter that if she comes late again. And that my doors will be LOCKED at Sharply 9:00.

THANKS!!
Michael 01:14 PM 08-17-2011
Some help here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32988
daycare 01:35 PM 08-17-2011
I do have a no distrubance policy

It's not word for word of what my PHB says, but maybe you can try something like this..

All children need to arrive no later than 9:15am when class will start. Please understand that when you are late arrving during class time that it is very disruptive to the group. In wanting to keep my focus on the kids and teaching, every family will need to comply so that we will be able to stay on schedule.
No admintance will occur after 9:15am -12:30pm while class is in session. Should you need to arrive during this time for any reason, you must make prior arrangements with the provider. Do not make a habit of showing up late or picking up between these times.
wdmmom 02:10 PM 08-17-2011
Dear Family,

As you are aware, a no disturbance policy that states that no arrivals will be accepted after 9am.

In the past 5 weeks, you have disregarded this policy 8 times preventing us from starting our daily activities on schedule.

Going forward, if your child is not IN daycare BEFORE 9am, the door will be locked and you will be required to find alternate daycare for the day.

Yours truly,
daycare
heyhun77 04:31 AM 08-18-2011
I agree with what the others have told you as far as what to say. That said, I tend to be more flexible with our learning time because this is a home setting. We get our learning time in but I don't do any worksheets or sitting at tables anyway so it would be the late child missing out and the other kids wouldn't really notice. Maybe just do opening free choice activites for the first 15 minutes then settle in for circle time and such. Just don't let the parent know that you are changning things around so that they don't get even later into the morning. That way that child is just missing the free choice time and you still get to do the group time you wanted. I personally gave up on getting everyone to gather in the same place at the same time so we do our circle time activities in small groups or sing the songs and do poems durning activity stations and then do calendar and such while we eat morning snack. I just decided the stress of wanting everyone to be in the door and sitting at the same time wasn't worth it.
Tags:drop off issues, drop off time, late arrivals, late fee - letter, no disturbance policy
Reply Up