Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Dear Parents... From Your Loving Provider. (Logged Out For Privacy)
Unregistered 08:13 AM 03-07-2012
Dear Parents,

We are on YOUR team! We want the best for your children, and it is in everyone's best interest to make sure that your child is a well behaved, happy, healthy, mannerly, member of society. We spend hours of awake time with your children. They have become part of our family. We love them. We teach them to crawl, walk, talk, use the potty, read, write, and more. We have the patience of saints, and we do our best to teach your children patience as well.

But there are a few things that make our job harder. As a member of our team, YOU have the power to make things better, so we can all cross the finish line as winners together.

1. Please, please, please DO NOT bring your sick child to daycare. It makes us very irritated when you knowingly do so (and we can tell when you give them meds in the morning). It gets the other kids sick. It gets our own kids sick. It compromises the quality of care that we provide, because we are stressed with keeping everyone else healthy, sterilizing after your sick child,and the stress of having to call you home from work to pick up your child is immense. It costs us money- if we have to close for the day because our own kids are sick, most of us dont get paid. It costs YOU our respect- we know when you know your child is sick. follow our sick guidelines. Diaharrea is NOT caused by teething, by the way, and allergies don't infect other people. This is MY personal #1 complaint. Parents are worried about the spread of infectious diseases...until their kid gets sick- then they send them off to daycare. That is wrong, immoral, and bad parenting.

2. Respect our time. Most providers work 10-12 hour days. When you come 10 minutes early for drop off, you are extending my day by 10 "free" minutes, because most of us are extra kind to you and dont charge you for those 10 minutes. And when you are "just 10" minutes late (everyday), again, it shows that you do not respect our family time. Would you want your boss to keep you overtime and not pay you?

3. Communicate Communicate Communicate!!!! We want to be there for you. We want to help you. But you have to tell us what's going in your life. If you HAVE to be 10 minutes late, tell us, and tell us why. We are very understanding. If you are dropping off way leter than usual, tell us. Nothing makes us more irritated than waiting around for your child all morning. Just because we are home doesn't mean that we don't have anything to do that day. There is a reason that your child often behaves better for us than for you. we have a set schedule. We are consistent. We need you to be a part of our team and help us keep our schedule. The day goes smoother, and we, and the kids, are happier.

4. PAY ON TIME! Would you want to lose your house because you didnt pay on time? Do you want to lose the loving, child provider who has bonded with your precious child because you can't pay on time? We have bills too! When you don't pay on time, it means we may not get groceries that day, or gas for the car to take YOUR kids on an awesome field trip. It causes us extra stress. We are not happy when we are stressed. Don't you want the person who is having the most influence on your child's life to be happy? Pay on time, please. Set up an automatic payment. Do a direct deposit. Whatever you need to do. It is important to us, therefore it should be important to you.

5. Dress your kids properly. This means hats and gloves if its windy. Don't send your kid in white pants and new clothes, unless you expect them to get dirty, and don't get mad at us when they do get dirty. Getting dirty means your child is having fun, playing outside, and learning about the world. Getting dirty means we are doing our job, and helping them to play and grow. God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt.

6. Your child is NOT potty trained unless they can come to us and tell us that they have to go to the bathroom. Period. I do not have time to take your child to "try" once every hour. It's wonderful that they can pee pee on the potty, but don't think you can send them in underwear and expect us to take them, for them to be successful. it just won't work.

7. We don't all just "babysit" because we can't do anything else. Many of us have college degrees in very important fields, and even master's degrees as well. We do childcare as a choice. Mostly, to stay with our own children and raise them. We raise your kids like they are our own. We love them like our own. We care for the single most precious asset that you have. For that fact alone, we deserve a lot of respect. Don't look down on us, and don't call us a "babysitter." We do not sit on your baby while watching soaps and eating bon bons.

To the parents who pay on time, and give us gifts during the holidays, and happily pay our vacation and holidays without sarcastic comments: THANK YOU! We love you! We appreciate you! You are the ideal team member! THANK YOU for telling us that you know we put in a lot of hard work and you appreciate it. Thank you for keeping your sick child at home. Thank you for all YOU do!! We love parents like you. We brag about parents like you! When you need a little extra help or time or support from us, we will happily be there for you, and sincerely mean it. You are wonderful!

To the rest of you, re-read 1-7.

Sincerely,

Your loving Provider.
Michael 12:30 PM 03-07-2012
This is great!
Soupyszoo 01:08 PM 03-07-2012
I love this! Thank you! This is so appropriate and professional I might add it to my handbook
Heidi 01:13 PM 03-07-2012
THANK YOU MISS (OR MR) GHOST WRITER!
daycare 01:13 PM 03-07-2012
love this..... Great back bone to whoever wrote it
melissa ann 01:39 PM 03-07-2012
love this very well said.
Msiferllc 02:44 PM 03-07-2012
Very well-said!
Countrygal 03:18 PM 03-07-2012

boysx5 04:16 PM 03-07-2012
Love this so very true
Ariana 09:32 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by :
To the parents who pay on time, and give us gifts during the holidays, and happily pay our vacation and holidays without sarcastic comments: THANK YOU! We love you! We appreciate you! You are the ideal team member! THANK YOU for telling us that you know we put in a lot of hard work and you appreciate it. Thank you for keeping your sick child at home. Thank you for all YOU do!! We love parents like you. We brag about parents like you! When you need a little extra help or time or support from us, we will happily be there for you, and sincerely mean it. You are wonderful!
I agree with everything!! especially this part!! Good parents are hard to find and when we have them it's a real blessing
Sugar Magnolia 10:20 AM 03-08-2012
Very nice, only I would have put the thank you to the good families first. Love it.
Unregistered 10:39 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
love this..... Great back bone to whoever wrote it
This is so funny to me because I am always posting about how I need to grow a bigger backbone. I was so frustrated so, instead of telling all of the parents what I thought, I decided to write this and post it for all parents to read.

I do have one family who will occasionally thank me for all that I do, and acknowledge all of the hard work that I put in. It's so funny that 10 seconds of their time, thanking me every few months or so as they pick up their kids and walk out the door, completely makes me feel amazing and even motivates me more to do that little bit of unexpected extra for the kids.

I think if parents saw us as more of a team things would be a lot different.
daycare123 11:27 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dear Parents,

We are on YOUR team! We want the best for your children, and it is in everyone's best interest to make sure that your child is a well behaved, happy, healthy, mannerly, member of society. We spend hours of awake time with your children. They have become part of our family. We love them. We teach them to crawl, walk, talk, use the potty, read, write, and more. We have the patience of saints, and we do our best to teach your children patience as well.

But there are a few things that make our job harder. As a member of our team, YOU have the power to make things better, so we can all cross the finish line as winners together.

1. Please, please, please DO NOT bring your sick child to daycare. It makes us very irritated when you knowingly do so (and we can tell when you give them meds in the morning). It gets the other kids sick. It gets our own kids sick. It compromises the quality of care that we provide, because we are stressed with keeping everyone else healthy, sterilizing after your sick child,and the stress of having to call you home from work to pick up your child is immense. It costs us money- if we have to close for the day because our own kids are sick, most of us dont get paid. It costs YOU our respect- we know when you know your child is sick. follow our sick guidelines. Diaharrea is NOT caused by teething, by the way, and allergies don't infect other people. This is MY personal #1 complaint. Parents are worried about the spread of infectious diseases...until their kid gets sick- then they send them off to daycare. That is wrong, immoral, and bad parenting.

2. Respect our time. Most providers work 10-12 hour days. When you come 10 minutes early for drop off, you are extending my day by 10 "free" minutes, because most of us are extra kind to you and dont charge you for those 10 minutes. And when you are "just 10" minutes late (everyday), again, it shows that you do not respect our family time. Would you want your boss to keep you overtime and not pay you?

3. Communicate Communicate Communicate!!!! We want to be there for you. We want to help you. But you have to tell us what's going in your life. If you HAVE to be 10 minutes late, tell us, and tell us why. We are very understanding. If you are dropping off way leter than usual, tell us. Nothing makes us more irritated than waiting around for your child all morning. Just because we are home doesn't mean that we don't have anything to do that day. There is a reason that your child often behaves better for us than for you. we have a set schedule. We are consistent. We need you to be a part of our team and help us keep our schedule. The day goes smoother, and we, and the kids, are happier.

4. PAY ON TIME! Would you want to lose your house because you didnt pay on time? Do you want to lose the loving, child provider who has bonded with your precious child because you can't pay on time? We have bills too! When you don't pay on time, it means we may not get groceries that day, or gas for the car to take YOUR kids on an awesome field trip. It causes us extra stress. We are not happy when we are stressed. Don't you want the person who is having the most influence on your child's life to be happy? Pay on time, please. Set up an automatic payment. Do a direct deposit. Whatever you need to do. It is important to us, therefore it should be important to you.

5. Dress your kids properly. This means hats and gloves if its windy. Don't send your kid in white pants and new clothes, unless you expect them to get dirty, and don't get mad at us when they do get dirty. Getting dirty means your child is having fun, playing outside, and learning about the world. Getting dirty means we are doing our job, and helping them to play and grow. God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt.

6. Your child is NOT potty trained unless they can come to us and tell us that they have to go to the bathroom. Period. I do not have time to take your child to "try" once every hour. It's wonderful that they can pee pee on the potty, but don't think you can send them in underwear and expect us to take them, for them to be successful. it just won't work.

7. We don't all just "babysit" because we can't do anything else. Many of us have college degrees in very important fields, and even master's degrees as well. We do childcare as a choice. Mostly, to stay with our own children and raise them. We raise your kids like they are our own. We love them like our own. We care for the single most precious asset that you have. For that fact alone, we deserve a lot of respect. Don't look down on us, and don't call us a "babysitter." We do not sit on your baby while watching soaps and eating bon bons.

To the rest of you, re-read 1-7.

Sincerely,

Your loving Provider.
Absolutely love it!!!
Blackcat31 11:38 AM 03-08-2012
Nice list!

Reminds me of the tidbits I posted last year about things providers wish parents knew. I will add it to this thread as it definitely relates.
TIDBITS PROVIDERS WISH PARENTS KNEWYour child talks to me during the day.
Teach your child to be responsible for their actions, not make excuses.
Teach your child to be truthful.
Teach your child to be respectful of others. (the person, their belongings, their feelings etc)

I expect your child to act their age……you should too.
I can tell if you are enforcing or following up on notes and letters home, curriculum etc.

Taking care of your child during business hours is my job………
wahmof3 11:42 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nice list!

Reminds me of the tidbits I posted last year about things providers wish parents knew. I will add it to this thread as it definitely relates.
TIDBITS PROVIDERS WISH PARENTS KNEW
  • I really do know your children.
  • I can tell when they are sick or not feeling well.
  • I can tell when they go to bed early or were up late.
  • I can tell if they’ve had Tylenol or Motrin before they’ve arrived.
  • I can tell if your child has not been bathed…in awhile
Your child talks to me during the day.
  • They tell me where they have gone and where they are going to go.
  • They tell me how they are disciplined (or not).
  • They tell me EVERYTHING that is said at home……(and I do mean everything!)
  • They repeat the things you say about others.
  • Your child’s behavior is NOT a reflection of your parenting skills….…how you handle the misbehavior is.

Teach your child to be responsible for their actions, not make excuses.
Teach your child to be truthful.
Teach your child to be respectful of others. (the person, their belongings, their feelings etc)

I expect your child to act their age……you should too.
I can tell if you are enforcing or following up on notes and letters home, curriculum etc.

Taking care of your child during business hours is my job………
  • I expect a paycheck at the end of the week.
  • Please don’t ask for discounts unless you are okay with “discounted” care. (I do not provide half-meals, half-naps or half-diaper changes)
  • If you expect me to bend the rules or do more than my policies outline, I will expect extra pay as well.
  • Your child comes in contact with more contagious germs at Wal-mart than they do at daycare.
  • Teaching your child to use the toilet is YOUR responsibility, I will assist you in your efforts, but you must begin, continue and complete the process.
  • I am not a teenager; I have a formal education and am more than a nanny.
  • When your child is sick, keep them home. It is tough caring for a sick child and bringing them to daycare just spreads the illness as well as adding a ton more work for me on top of the 10 other healthy children I am caring for already.
  • Be respectful when dropping off or picking up. Kids are rowdier and more mischievous when parents are present. Getting kids in and out the door in a timely manner reduces havoc for me.
  • It is nice that you want to share your home life with me, but the truth is I don’t really need to know the really intimate details.
  • If every parent was 5 minutes late for pick up, I would have to stay more than an hour longer than expected.
  • You are not my only client; I am juggling more than 14 other people’s schedules for drop off, pick up, payments etc.
  • I will love your child as my own…please help me in helping you…we are in this together!!
this!!!!!
CheekyChick 11:45 AM 03-08-2012
Awesome letter.
kayla 01:48 PM 03-08-2012
amen!!!!
Jenniferdawn 09:30 PM 03-10-2012
I really like this letter. I can't believe how many of those things I deal with on a weekly basis. But I have to say, and I know most of you won't agree, but i dont agree with the diarrhea not caused by teething part of the letter. Maybe you've been lucky to have a child not effected by teething in this way, but all three of my kids were very hard teethers, and every one of them had horrible, acidy diarrhea diapers with each tooth that came in. I know, I know that doctors say its something else, not teething, but these are my kids and I know it was caused by teething. So please keep that in mind everyone and don't just assume the parent is making excuses. Oh, and the hylands teething tablets will take away that horrible teething diarrhea.
familyschoolcare 07:20 AM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by Jenniferdawn:
I really like this letter. I can't believe how many of those things I deal with on a weekly basis. But I have to say, and I know most of you won't agree, but i dont agree with the diarrhea not caused by teething part of the letter. Maybe you've been lucky to have a child not effected by teething in this way, but all three of my kids were very hard teethers, and every one of them had horrible, acidy diarrhea diapers with each tooth that came in. I know, I know that doctors say its something else, not teething, but these are my kids and I know it was caused by teething. So please keep that in mind everyone and don't just assume the parent is making excuses. Oh, and the hylands teething tablets will take away that horrible teething diarrhea.
When my childern wher young thier doc told me that when children teeth they will sometime have "extra" salava and some of them will swallow it and

that extra fluid in the stomache will oftern result in diarrhea, because of the way the body "deals" with it. So teething in and ofitself does not cause diarrhea howerver they oftern correlate.
Tags:letter samples, love daycare
Reply Up