Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hiring an Assistant
sahm1225 04:32 PM 12-31-2012
Any suggestions on where to find a good assistant? I have ads out on Craigslist and barefoot student.com. I get tons of hits, but no luck.
Sprouts 06:09 PM 12-31-2012
referrals from friends that have used a babysitter, church, college early child hood programs..(try calling director of program or students affairs and see if you are allowed to post something there)...
daycaremom76 07:09 PM 12-31-2012
You can also try the local High School I know our High School has an early childhood program. It's kind of like a 3hr pre-school where parents can drop their toddlers off at the high school and the high schoolers that are taking the class watch the kids and get school credits, it's supervised obviously. But they also have 1/2 day work release where the kids go to school half day and leave and go to their jobs. It's mostly for the kids that have finished a certain amount of credits to free up their day to do this. When my daughter was younger she went to a center that had high school kids come in half day to work and assist with the kids. The kids actually like the high schoolers better (and so did most the parents) then we did the regular teachers cause the High School kids were so much more fun!
MarinaVanessa 08:05 AM 01-01-2013
I was thinking that you can call and check with the child development department at your local community or state college. If you have one that is close enough that would be great. I have a community college in my city so when other daycare providers need an assistant they contact the program and leave flyers with the teachers or get permission from the campus to post them on the bulletin boards around the child development classrooms.

The students like it because they get to to their child observations while working (which is sometimes hard to find if you don't have many kids in your family in various age ranges). The only thing is that if you want someone there full-time you may have to get a couple of student since you'll be going around their school schedule. You can pay them minimum wage if you don't give them too many responsibilities and it can really work out great. At least the person you are hiring is serious in working with children since they are going to school for child development.
Tags:assistant
Reply Up