Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>11 Month Old Thinks Nap Times Are Fun!
BabyMonkeys 06:10 AM 12-09-2014
I have an 11 month old little guy that LOVES his nap time! He loves to sing and talk and squeal and shake his pnp. He does not, however, think that nap time should be for sleep. I have two 11 month olds and a 4 month old. Naps are supposed to be from 9-10, 12-2 and at 4:30 they take a short nap if they seem to need it.

I've tried going in and laying him back down again 100 times. I don't talk to him, or even look at him. Seriously, I have spent an entire 2 hour nap doing nothing but laying him down again. He thinks this is even more fun than just talking to himself.

The problem that I am running into is that he will fall asleep when nap is almost over. If I let him sleep, it throws off naps the rest of the day. If I wake him up, the entire day is a nightmare and then he is too tired to actually fall asleep the next nap. I'm at a loss.
midaycare 06:31 AM 12-09-2014
I'm thinking he is starting to lose the need for the first nap. It's an awkward stage.
Cradle2crayons 11:24 AM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
I have an 11 month old little guy that LOVES his nap time! He loves to sing and talk and squeal and shake his pnp. He does not, however, think that nap time should be for sleep. I have two 11 month olds and a 4 month old. Naps are supposed to be from 9-10, 12-2 and at 4:30 they take a short nap if they seem to need it.

I've tried going in and laying him back down again 100 times. I don't talk to him, or even look at him. Seriously, I have spent an entire 2 hour nap doing nothing but laying him down again. He thinks this is even more fun than just talking to himself.

The problem that I am running into is that he will fall asleep when nap is almost over. If I let him sleep, it throws off naps the rest of the day. If I wake him up, the entire day is a nightmare and then he is too tired to actually fall asleep the next nap. I'm at a loss.
I agree with pp... It may be time to drop that first nap.
BabyMonkeys 10:36 AM 12-10-2014
I decided to take your advice and drop the morning nap. I did make him rest with his blanket and swing for about 45 min while everyone else was napping though. He was perfectly fine and wasn't overly cranky all day. He went down for his afternoon nap and actually went to sleep instead of playing! I wouldn't think that a baby would drop their morning nap so early. Thanks ladies!
Reply Up