Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Full Time vs Part Time
Unregistered 05:00 PM 10-11-2017
Hello everyone, I am opening my daycare in the next couple of weeks. My question is if this is reasonable. I am open from 7-5 which adds up to 50 hours a week. I am charging $30/day or $150/ week. So from 26-50 hours it will be $150 per week per child.
For part time (10-25 hours) I was going to charge $100 a week.
Does this seem fair?
I don’t want to overcharge but I also don’t want to get ripped off myself
Thanks in advance!
Michael 05:16 PM 10-11-2017
More threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...e+vs+part+time
ColorfulSunburst 05:16 PM 10-11-2017
$150 for 50 hrs is equal $3 per hr. In fact it will be less after all expenses. So, working with 3 kids 50 hours per week you will get paid less than $9 per hr. It is not overpaid. It is underpaid.
storybookending 06:18 PM 10-11-2017
I think it depends on what area you live in. $150 a week is what I’m charging my newest clients. It is an average for in homes around here. My older ones are paying $140 a week. I don’t have a part time rate because the odds of me being able to fill the space with drop ins are slim and I don’t want to mess around with part time schedules and lose money.
AmyKidsCo 06:41 PM 10-11-2017
Call your local child care resource and referral and see if they collect rate information. Ours does and posts the high, low and median rates by county, divided into group and family programs. Once you know the going rate you can set your rates.
Max 07:22 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Call your local child care resource and referral and see if they collect rate information. Ours does and posts the high, low and median rates by county, divided into group and family programs. Once you know the going rate you can set your rates.
Ours has something similar, average rates by age and city, for in home and center child care. It was super helpful when I started out!

My area is $180-$200 for a preschooler.
daycarediva 04:41 AM 10-12-2017
I wish my market rates got divided by city, instead we get county. HUGE variables there.

Anyone advertising in your area with rates shown? Offering anything similar? I think it varies on program, age, and what sets you apart combined with area rates.
midaycare 05:06 AM 10-12-2017
Generally speaking, charge more for part time care because it's harder to fill the spot with another part time person.
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 10-12-2017
I gave up counting hours..... it's too much work unless you only have 4 kids.

I count days.

3 days is one rate = $120 week/$40 day
4 days is another = $140 week/$35 day
5 days is another = $165 week/$33 day

The less days signed up for the higher the daily rate breaks down to be.

(those aren't my rates.....just an example of how to charge part time a bit more)
hwichlaz 07:54 AM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello everyone, I am opening my daycare in the next couple of weeks. My question is if this is reasonable. I am open from 7-5 which adds up to 50 hours a week. I am charging $30/day or $150/ week. So from 26-50 hours it will be $150 per week per child.
For part time (10-25 hours) I was going to charge $100 a week.
Does this seem fair?
I don’t want to overcharge but I also don’t want to get ripped off myself
Thanks in advance!
That depends on where you live. It'd be low for my area, and high for others.
Unregistered 07:47 PM 10-13-2017
I would call and shop other local providers to make sure you are at or above the market rate. This rate seems low to me and you don't want to start off to low because you know you will have your largest amount of expenses right when you start. I've always thought that part time would be days, not hours. So if they enroll for 5 days it is full time, 3 days it is 80% of the full time tuition and 2 days is 70% of the full time tuition.
Tags:full time vs part time, rates
Reply Up